Going out of Town

So I have just been informed that I will be traveling for my job at the end of the month. Participating in Zone Challenge, are there any helpful tips anyone has so I don't fall off the wagon? Does anyone know if there are Zone Approved Granola-like-bar products? Something I can pack in my suitcase and use a meal replacement for Breakfast and Lunch and then I just have to worry about Dinner?

Replies

• Many people traveling use a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side (so you can control amount) as a good lunch and a dinner with just meat and veggies (and they will cook it in the fat you need for your blocks). For snacks and breakfast, there are definitely bars you can go with. Jeff (my husband) actually know the bars much better than I do for the blocks and nutrition. Ask him. Also, he has figured out the Advocare meal replacement blocks for other members, so they can use those and they are handy (you just add water to a blender bottle and he sells the packs at the gym). Ask Jeff about the blocks for those as well when you are at the gym or send him a quick email and mention I said you had the block info about that. :-)
  • I don't mean to hijack your thread Meg, but I'd like some advice on this as well. So I'm going to second your notion here. During Feb I'll be in Korea for a week. I can't clog up my suitcase with food. I'm trying to travel light and avoid checking a bag. And I doubt that I'm going to be able to look at Korea food and estimate if it's paleo or not...
  • Pbterra
    Pbterra Posts: 5 Member
    I did find "Zone Perfect" bars at Wegman's and they are GOOD... BUT I don't know how perfect they are! Frustrating actually... Almost 2 Protein Blocks, little over 2 Blocks of Carbs but it has 6 grams of fat! 6/1.5=4 Blocks of fat! how is that Zone Perfect????

What do you all think????
    exact details Double Dark Chocolate Zone Perfect: Protein 12g, Carb 22g and total Fat 6 (5g saturated fat).