Phase 1 - Cardio 1

Options

Replies

• JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Only managed one round as was still feeling bit poorly. But pleased to say I enjoyed it a bit more :)
  • ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I auctully like hot feet...find it easier than jogging :)
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Today cardio kicked my butt more than the other days, I had to get out my inhaler and use it after checking my pulse oximeter. Haven't done that in a while. Feels good.

If I can expect my daughter to do two, two hour gymnastics classes per week surely I can manage this cardio. I at least need to show myself that I care enough to move my behind,
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I got Cardio 1 done for today.I can't do the butt wiggle like that either.I would throw something out of whack LOL :laugh:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at all of you who are able to piggyback workouts. I pretty much feel like I'm going to die just doing 1. I did manage 40 minutes of treadmill intervals after yesterday's workout, but having just finished cardio 1, I know that I couldn't get through it again.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at all of you who are able to piggyback workouts. I pretty much feel like I'm going to die just doing 1. I did manage 40 minutes of treadmill intervals after yesterday's workout, but having just finished cardio 1, I know that I couldn't get through it again.

Bless ya. it will get easier, you will be able to smash back-to-back workouts in no time, that's the good thing about JM workouts, your endurance builds up amazingly quickly!

In my case i just think completing 3 other JM's DVDs and doing a bit of Insanity gives me a head start on this programme. Well in this early stage it does anyway. Last time i complained about a workout being too easy Jillian came back and whipped my butt repeatedly on the next level! :grumble:
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of kickstart and I just couldn't face two lots of cardio 1 so I did a different cardio DVD instead (ministry of sound high energy) gave me a boost I needed with some high energy songs
  • ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    JAB I don't want to burn out on Jillian so I do diff Cardio Dvds too! Follow circuit program to a T & auctually feel as doing more Cardio as I can mix it up! :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I substituted yesterdays Cardio 1 also, i did a TurboFire HIIT workout which i got a better burn from, and i felt it was more challenging. I wouldn't say i hate C1, i think it's a great starting block for all abilities, but i just think i tired of it a little from doing it so much during kickstart week.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I missed cardio yesterday because I was out shoveling snow. I tried this morning but my family had other ideas for my time.
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    I am TIRED of this workout. The kick start week is brutal having that same dvd over and over. Would I be able to do Cardio 2? Only on the two cardio workout days.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I am TIRED of this workout. The kick start week is brutal having that same dvd over and over. Would I be able to do Cardio 2? Only on the two cardio workout days.

Some of us have already substituted Cardio 1 for another cardio workout of our choice. How you want to progress on your programme is of course, entirely up to you... If you feel ready to kick it up a notch - why not! But you may feel that you tire of Cardio 2 midway through Phase 2! Don't you have an alternative Cardio workout you can do?
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    Probably. I will have dig through my dvds and find one that is straight cardio. I have a lot of dvds, but most are like 30 day shred etc. Good call about getting tired of cardio 2 too fast.
  • rozzay28
    Options
    Just completed day 1 of kick start. Running men are the devil!! I'm doing them back to back as I work evenings and won't have time to fit both in otherwise. I think double cardio day will be horrible, may substitute another DVD for one of the session. 89 days left! :D
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    I substituted in a Biggest Loser dvd Cardio Max. I needed that break! :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Just completed day 1 of kick start. Running men are the devil!! I'm doing them back to back as I work evenings and won't have time to fit both in otherwise. I think double cardio day will be horrible, may substitute another DVD for one of the session. 89 days left! :D

I was SO sick of running man by the end of my kickstart week!!

Well done for making a start!

I substituted in a Biggest Loser dvd Cardio Max. I needed that break! :)

Glad you found a good alternative!
  • CricketKate
    Options

Bless you for saying that about Running Men! I also thought she was giving into a sadistic impulse when she put them in. When everyone is talking about doing workouts 2x daily and being bored and kicking it up a notch, I feel like I'm in the wrong group.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Bless you for saying that about Running Men! I also thought she was giving into a sadistic impulse when she put them in. When everyone is talking about doing workouts 2x daily and being bored and kicking it up a notch, I feel like I'm in the wrong group.

Kate, I think the handful of people who are switching cardio up have had alot of experience with Jillian's workouts so have gained some strength and stamina before starting this programme. Please don't let that fact deter you from being an active part of the group, it was created for members of all abilities.... there's no shame if you're not as strong as the next person, it will come with time. I used to struggle with my workouts but with daily commitment I have improved. It's not a race, or a competiton, it's all about making a better you, little by little, day by day. I look forward to seeing your progress reports.
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    Oh dear me, the running man is horrid. Absolutely horrid. I can literally hear my tummy flopping around when I do those damn things.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I wasn't bored because I found it easy, I just didn't want to do the same thing every day. :) I'm still going to do this one occasionally until I master the running man (and by master, I mean do a few of them without looking like an epileptic whale) but I've got some other goals I'm working on which require getting outside and doing some running.