Week 1 Shopping List

Options
cristieg
cristieg Posts: 31 Member
This was posted on the Shredder Nation fan page. I found it very helpful to have it spelled out this way, so hopefully some of you will too.

I'm on W1D4 right now, and I feel great! It's a little hard getting used to eating so often, especially at work. I tend to lose track of time, but I set up reminders on my phone to help me!

SHRED Grocery List (Rough)

Week 1: Prime

Fruit (choose a few from these options. You will need at least 7 of them, safer to buy at least 9.)
- apples
- grapefruit
- 35 grapes = 1 serving
- oranges
- pear
- 1/2 cup of blueberries= 1 serving

Veggies (this week suggests approximately 19 servings).
- tomatoes
- baby carrots
- peppers
- broccoli
- cucumber
- beans/legumes (pinto, black, lima, red, chickpeas, lentils)

Salads (6 in total)
3 small
1 medium
1 large

Soups (If you maximize your options, the most you will have is 5 for the week, but sometimes you might decide not to have soup rather something else, so you won’t have all 5 soups allowed. The specific number depends on your choices for the specific meals.)
- vegetable
- lentil
- split pea
- black bean
- tomato bisque

Chicken, Fish, or Turkey (7 maximal servings for the week)
- you can choose whatever combination of these that you like
- serving size is 5 ounces

Breakfast Items
- you have several options to choose from. Look to see what you want and
purchase accordingly.
- Eggs
- Sugar free cereal
- 100-percent whole-grain bread
- 6-ounce containers of fat-free or low-fat yogurt
- Oatmeal
- Cream of Wheat
- Grits
- Pancake Mix

Snacks
-There are plenty of snacks in the back of the book that you can choose from. Make sure they match the calorie account suggested in the daily menu. You get 3 snacks per day, so that’s 21 snacks
-Here are just a few examples of snack ingredients you might need
Hummus
Kashi honey almond flax chewy granola bar
Peanut butter
Small chocolate pudding
Goldfish
Almonds
Whipped topping

Beverages
-Make sure your choices are 125 calories or less. Liquid calories count too, so be mindful of that.
Juice--not from concentrate (grapefruit, apple, grape orange, tomato and carrot are all options)
12-oz diet sodas
Fresh lemonade
Water
Flavored water
Unsweetened iced tea
Tea
Low-fat, fat-free, milk

NOTE: If you have extra food or drinks after this week, that’s completely fine. You can eat what’s left in week 2. Don’t eat or drink it all just because you bought it. Follow the guidelines in the meal plans.

Replies

• nofauxfooD
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - it's a great help!
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to buy the Shred book after work today, so I will be a little behind everyone else. But I appreciate your post as a helpful preview of what is to come!!! Thank you!!!
  • CourtneyGetsFit_
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Its a big help! I'm also on week 1 day 4. I just finished a workout. You're only required to do 40 mins but I did 55 mins of cardio on the ArcTrainer and 3 sets of 15 supersets using weight machines. My focus was legs and thighs.
  • Machelle55
    Machelle55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you