Options
    Jan.10
    1pt-contacting teammates
    3pts-72oz of water
    2pts-2 servings of fruit
    5pts-logging food and under calorie goal
    5pts-35 mins of exercise

16pts total

Great job for the day! I got my veggies but missed my fruit. You are doing awesome participating in our challenge!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thursday 1-10
    Woo hoo and BIG 22 for me today!!!
    1 point: support
    3 points: water
    3 points: 2 servings of fruit
    5 points: 3 seervings of veggies
    5 points: log food
    5 points: exercise

So proud of myself I hope I can do this everyday!!!

"Whoop... Whoop"... Perfect score alarm going off in my head!!! WTG Tiffany! I am proud of you girl!
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Stressful day...not focused enough. New day tomorrow.

1 point - If you contact one of your teammates.

0 points - 45 oz only :(

0 points - one lemon ... Squeezed over tuna

0 points - only had romaine lettuce

5 points - it's all there ... Not proud of dinner :(

5 points - Squeezed in a 35 min treadmill run

I can totally relate! I had a stressful couple of days too. I think you can be proud of yourself for pushing yourself to log your food and get a treadmill run in. Both of which you probably were really not feeling up to if you were under a lot of stress. You didn't crumble, you stood tall and kept going on this journey. Today is a new day!!

Thank you for your words. I really need to focus on not turning to high fat, high calorie foods in times of stress.
    Today IS a new day.
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Ok, I am seeing all of these Juicer replies on here. I have never used one in my life..... Are they that great? Is there a specific brand? What gives? :--)
    I have a juicer that I like. It works great to get extra fruits and veggies in. The only down side is that it is pretty costly to use as you have to go through quite a bit of produce to get your cup of juice. Mine is the Jack LaLane (not sure about that spelling) and I think it costs about $100.

I'm on a Dave Ramsey kind of budget. Guess I will settle for just eating them for now. :-(. :-)

I hear you! I have my juicer but don't use it all that often just because of the cost of produce these days. Eating them gets the job done too!

I use the Omega 8006 juicer and try to juice about 4-5x a week. It is an investment but this is a great juicer. Literally leaves the pulp super dry. I usually do a combination of three: cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, apples, and pears. I do not buy all my fruit organic except for my leafy greens.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Welcome Team Bob!!!:happy: I am so excited to get our team together and get going on this amazing challenge. I want you to know that I support each of you 100% and want to be there for you in any way possible. Please feel free to contact me any time if you have a question, concern, idea for the team, or just simply need some support. Support is so very important in this journey to good health. Please friend each of your team members if you have not already and I will make sure I friend each of you too. Let's really be there for each other and make this fun!

I will be posting a weigh in topic each week on Monday nights. Weigh ins are on Tuesdays. Please make sure to put your prior weeks weight and your current weeks weight on this thread. I will close the thread on Wednesday mornings. If you have not put your weight on the thread by that time you will be dropped from the challenge. If you for any reason can not get to the computer or need me to put the information in for you, please just drop me a note. I will be happy to help you!

On to the Challenge....
    We are going to see how many healthy points we can add up!! Each day give yourself:

1 point - If you contact one of your teammates. Like I said earlier, support is key to our success. Just a simple "Awesome workout" is great support.

3 points - If you drink 64 oz. of water

3 points - If you eat 2 servings of fruit for the day

5 points - If you eat 3 servings of veggies for the day

5 points - If you logged your food diary and stayed within your calorie goals

5 points - If you got at least 30 minutes of exercise for the day (it doesn't matter intensity or if it was all at once)

That means you can get up to 22 health points each day!:happy: Please log on here your points with any notes on successes and/or challenges you are having. We want to cheer you on, and also to offer suggestions with any struggles you may have. Remember... you don't have to have a perfect score! The goal is to push ourselves to be the healthy, fit people that we know we can be. It will start today, so between now and Monday there are 132 points possible for each of us. I will keep track and at the end of week one put up our final scores. I know you will all do awesome!

Finally... don't give up! If you slip up on this journey, just pick yourself up and get back on the wagon. Let's see if we can keep our team together and not lose any members. This is a no judgement zone team. I am cheering each of you on and wanting you each to reach your goals!!!

Go Team Bob!!!

Awesome weekly challenge Team Bob!! Happy losing everyone!!
  • 6mimi
    Options

I can totally relate! I had a stressful couple of days too. I think you can be proud of yourself for pushing yourself to log your food and get a treadmill run in. Both of which you probably were really not feeling up to if you were under a lot of stress. You didn't crumble, you stood tall and kept going on this journey. Today is a new day!!

Thank you for your words. I really need to focus on not turning to high fat, high calorie foods in times of stress.
    Today IS a new day.

I saw a quote that I like.. it goes: "Start today- forget yesterday- do it again tomorrow" . I crave macaroni and cheese and/or chocolate in my stress days. You didn't give up so you are a winner in my book!

I have to say.. your new profile picture is so stinking cute!! Your boys are adorable!! :heart:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Welcome Team Bob!!!:happy: I am so excited to get our team together and get going on this amazing challenge. I want you to know that I support each of you 100% and want to be there for you in any way possible. Please feel free to contact me any time if you have a question, concern, idea for the team, or just simply need some support. Support is so very important in this journey to good health. Please friend each of your team members if you have not already and I will make sure I friend each of you too. Let's really be there for each other and make this fun!

I will be posting a weigh in topic each week on Monday nights. Weigh ins are on Tuesdays. Please make sure to put your prior weeks weight and your current weeks weight on this thread. I will close the thread on Wednesday mornings. If you have not put your weight on the thread by that time you will be dropped from the challenge. If you for any reason can not get to the computer or need me to put the information in for you, please just drop me a note. I will be happy to help you!

On to the Challenge....
    We are going to see how many healthy points we can add up!! Each day give yourself:

1 point - If you contact one of your teammates. Like I said earlier, support is key to our success. Just a simple "Awesome workout" is great support.

3 points - If you drink 64 oz. of water

3 points - If you eat 2 servings of fruit for the day

5 points - If you eat 3 servings of veggies for the day

5 points - If you logged your food diary and stayed within your calorie goals

5 points - If you got at least 30 minutes of exercise for the day (it doesn't matter intensity or if it was all at once)

That means you can get up to 22 health points each day!:happy: Please log on here your points with any notes on successes and/or challenges you are having. We want to cheer you on, and also to offer suggestions with any struggles you may have. Remember... you don't have to have a perfect score! The goal is to push ourselves to be the healthy, fit people that we know we can be. It will start today, so between now and Monday there are 132 points possible for each of us. I will keep track and at the end of week one put up our final scores. I know you will all do awesome!

Finally... don't give up! If you slip up on this journey, just pick yourself up and get back on the wagon. Let's see if we can keep our team together and not lose any members. This is a no judgement zone team. I am cheering each of you on and wanting you each to reach your goals!!!

Go Team Bob!!!

Awesome weekly challenge Team Bob!! Happy losing everyone!!

Thanks! We are having fun with it for sure (I know I am!). Happy losing to you too!
  • chicagoposh
    Options

Today IS a new day.

I saw a quote that I like.. it goes: "Start today- forget yesterday- do it again tomorrow" . I crave macaroni and cheese and/or chocolate in my stress days. You didn't give up so you are a winner in my book!

I have to say.. your new profile picture is so stinking cute!! Your boys are adorable!! :heart:

Thanks! Love the quote.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Ok, I am seeing all of these Juicer replies on here. I have never used one in my life..... Are they that great? Is there a specific brand? What gives? :--)
    I have a juicer that I like. It works great to get extra fruits and veggies in. The only down side is that it is pretty costly to use as you have to go through quite a bit of produce to get your cup of juice. Mine is the Jack LaLane (not sure about that spelling) and I think it costs about $100.

I'm on a Dave Ramsey kind of budget. Guess I will settle for just eating them for now. :-(. :-)

I hear you! I have my juicer but don't use it all that often just because of the cost of produce these days. Eating them gets the job done too!

I use the Omega 8006 juicer and try to juice about 4-5x a week. It is an investment but this is a great juicer. Literally leaves the pulp super dry. I usually do a combination of three: cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, apples, and pears. I do not buy all my fruit organic except for my leafy greens.

Thanks for sharing that info. I am not familiar with that juicer. Have you ever tried the juicer recipe from that show "Fat, sick and nearly dead"? You can find it online. I tried it and it was sooooo gross,:huh: but I think I used too much ginger. I might try it again as it is very healthy.
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I apologize team for being incognito and not being able to participate in the challenge this week, I’ve been a little pre-occupied (teenagers:grumble: ); however I am here now and ……..:flowerforyou:

Fired up ready to go- ready to go Fired up!!!

Side note: this week has been stressful and I found myself eating whatever I wanted and each time I thought “oh well, might as well”. But on the other hand I am constantly encouraging and advising others on what they should do. So that was a wake call to me yesterday and I actually laid awake all night:yawn: because I felt like I let myself and “team Bob” down.

I know we have only just begun but to me beginnings are the most important part so I’m ask for a redo and I will give it everything I have from now on!! :wink:

Thanks
    “Humbly” Melissa
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    OH BTW...THANKS CAPTAIN for your encouraging words...

"don't give up! If you slip up on this journey, just pick yourself up and get back on the wagon"
  • chicagoposh
    Options

Thanks for sharing that info. I am not familiar with that juicer. Have you ever tried the juicer recipe from that show "Fat, sick and nearly dead"? You can find it online. I tried it and it was sooooo gross,:huh: but I think I used too much ginger. I might try it again as it is very healthy.

I have not tried that recipe but did see the documentary. Careful with that ginger LOL! I stick to a simple combination of 2 parts veggie 1 part fruit. Another great recipe is the Glowing Green Smoothie, all veggies and fruits are blended whole. Check it out http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/. This makes a huge batch, so I divide it in half.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I apologize team for being incognito and not being able to participate in the challenge this week, I’ve been a little pre-occupied (teenagers:grumble: ); however I am here now and ……..:flowerforyou:

Side note: this week has been stressful and I found myself eating whatever I wanted and each time I thought “oh well, might as well”. But on the other hand I am constantly encouraging and advising others on what they should do. So that was a wake call to me yesterday and I actually laid awake all night:yawn: because I felt like I let myself and “team Bob” down.

I know we have only just begun but to me beginnings are the most important part so I’m ask for a redo and I will give it everything I have from now on!! :wink:

Thanks
    “Humbly” Melissa

Melissa... Remember... this is a no judgement zone team! Please don't ever feel like you let any of us down. I know we call it a "competition" but I want each of you to stay in this group even if you would never lose a pound or if the scale goes up. We only fail if we quit, and I can tell, you are no quitter!!
    I have a teenage daughter myself, so I TOTALLY understand that stress!:huh: Thanks for sharing that great quote with the group. Welcome to a new day!!!:happy:
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Thanks
    “Humbly” Melissa

Melissa... Remember... this is a no judgement zone team! Please don't ever feel like you let any of us down. I know we call it a "competition" but I want each of you to stay in this group even if you would never lose a pound or if the scale goes up. We only fail if we quit, and I can tell, you are no quitter!!
    I have a teenage daughter myself, so I TOTALLY understand that stress!:huh: Thanks for sharing that great quote with the group. Welcome to a new day!!!:happy:

I agree Melissa. We are all here for each other and in this together. Keep your head up..
  • 6mimi
    Options

I have not tried that recipe but did see the documentary. Careful with that ginger LOL! I stick to a simple combination of 2 parts veggie 1 part fruit. Another great recipe is the Glowing Green Smoothie, all veggies and fruits are blended whole. Check it out http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/. This makes a huge batch, so I divide it in half.

I am going to have to give that a try! Good info!
  • momreloading
    momreloading Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1 point - contact one of teammates.
    3 points - drink 64 oz. of water

Only 4 points but I'm sure I can do it better Thanks Team Bob!!!!!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thursday 1/10

1 point - Contacted teammate

3 points - Fruit

5 points - exercise

9 points total bad day yesterday!!! :/
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    my diary is open for my friends... I am putting my notes there too

but today went like this.

Cardio #4 - 2 mile run @ 27:17
    50 squats
    30 minute walk
    15 minutes walk
    30 minutes of exercise = +5

4 servings veggies +5
    2 servings fruit +3
    within budget +5
    >64oz H2O +3
    contacted 5 teammates +1

+22 and yes, I am an overachiever... the difficulty is when I have extra long days at work... today I'm on the road, in a hotel... went out and walked this evening in the freezing cold... yummy!!

And here is today...

Cardio #5 - treadmill run @ hotel in Yangzhou: 34:20... 2 miles with 3-8% inclines thruought (walk and run intervals)... C25K... had to extend the 4 minutes so I could get to 2 miles (had to slow down on those 'hills' ya know)

12345 steps taken
    22 floors climbed
    5.89 miles traveled (the 2 miles on the treadmill were part)
    3793 calories burned
    991 active score

30 minutes of exercise - +5
    3 servings veggies +5
    2 servings fruit +3
    within budget +0
    >64oz H2O +3
    contacted 5 teammates +1

Day 2 Total = +17

Could have done better, didn't need those stinkin cookies... but I liked em, didn't need the wings with the nuggets, but I liked them too.. ah, some days ya just do what ya like
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1-encourage team mates
    3- 80 oz.water
    3- fruits
    3.5 vegetables
    5-logging and under calories
    5- exercise-40 minutes
  • 6mimi
    Options
    1 point - contact one of teammates.
    3 points - drink 64 oz. of water

Only 4 points but I'm sure I can do it better Thanks Team Bob!!!!!

Go Team Bob! If you were not trying you might have had a 0 point day. I celebrate your 4 points!