Munchies for Girls Night

Options
Hurricane_C
Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
My coworkers and I are going to be having a girls night next weekend... I'm allowing myself to partake in the drinking as my "cheat"... so my question is, what Paleo munchies are a good choice for girls night? I was going to make some paleo cookies and take some trail mix so I have something to snack on while everyone is eating chips...
Any other suggestions that satisfy that drunk junk food craving?

Thanks.

Replies

• Theycallithogging
    Options
    I buy kale crisps from my local store and they are amazing. I saw a recipe for kale oven chips, they looked very similar. Will have a quick google for you.
  • Theycallithogging
    Options
    This is the one I saw but there are a load if you google paleo kale chips. Have a fun night! http://www.grassfedgirl.com/easy-kale-chips/
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Carrots dipped in Guacamole

Paleo Stix or Jerky – yummy!

Turkey Slices and Guacamole

Apple slices and Almond Butter

Paleo Friendly Trail Mix or this Grain-Free Granola

LARABARS – one of my favorites is the Ginger Snap Bar

Mixed Berries with toasted coconut flakes
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    if you like to cook a bit, try the appetizers recipes on either nomnompaleo.com or paleodietlifestyle.com.. i put a bunch on my pinterest page because they looked AMAZING :)
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Kale chips baked in the oven are fantastic! although a bit time consuming since you can only put one layer of leaves on the cooking sheet.

I will also have to second the larabars - I've only tried the lemon and it was delicious. They are calorie dense though so I would only bring one to hold you over!

I find that salty meat is fantastic when I've been drinking! Just not sure how weird it would be for you to bring some pre-cooked bacon...
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Kale chips baked in the oven are fantastic! although a bit time consuming since you can only put one layer of leaves on the cooking sheet.

I will also have to second the larabars - I've only tried the lemon and it was delicious. They are calorie dense though so I would only bring one to hold you over!

I find that salty meat is fantastic when I've been drinking! Just not sure how weird it would be for you to bring some pre-cooked bacon...

Oh Heck... Not wierd........ Move over and give me some of that bacon =)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I like radishes or cucumber dipped in guacamole or salsa, kale chips are fantastic. What about some hot wings? You can bake or fry hot wings and make a sauce of a paleo friendly hot sauce and butter (if you do dairy) with a little vinegar.
  • therealmax
    therealmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mmm bacon wrapped scallops! Or shrimp!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Mmm bacon wrapped scallops! Or shrimp!

yummmm...bacon wrapped asparagus, guacamole, veggies, apples and almond butter, fruit, kale chips, sweet potato crisps, beef jerky!
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Olives or maybe an antipasto platter - lots of cut up veges with a homemade mayo based dip - eg aioli or spike it up with some curry powder etc. Bacon wrapped anything :-)
    Have fun!
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been making bacon-wrapped sweet potato fries and they are soooooooooooooooo good!! Just chop your sweet potato to about pinkie-sized pieces, wrap with 1/4 of a bacon slice (half the bacon length and width wise), line up on the baking sheet (throw in any extra non-bacon pieces so they can cook up in the grease!), and bake at 425 for about 25 minutes. Then you can broil for just a minute or two to make it more crispy on top if you want. :)
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    JennsRAQ: Hells yes! These are fantastic! I'm a fan of sweet-potato fries themselves. But the added bacon is so damned good!

I'll +1 the kale stuff. Really addictive.

A couple other things is dates wrapped in bacon, stuffed with either goat cheese or chorizo. Easy to find the recipe online, easy to make, but a little bit of a time commitment. And just be aware that there's a fair amount of sugar, obviously.

Also, chocolate-covered bacon. I think I've had a total of three people not like it. And really, screw them. More for me!

I think I saw someone mention sliced cucumber as I breezed through the thread. I think that's good stuff, too. It may sound weird, but give it a try: drizzle just a touch of honey on them. It's not awful.