First Day!

Options
So how many completed the first workout?!

I did it a few hours ago and I am sore...Felt like I was still working for a while after. I guess that's the point.

My shoulders are sore and legs/hips are also.

Feels good to know I completed it and to know that in 20 minutes we can get a good workout!

I had to do some modifications but I did my best.

Hope you all also had a good 1st day...

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i have started level2 and need some encouragement. its worst than level 1. struggling as too many plank movements. i darent watch level 3, only god knows what thats like
  • lgoewey36
    Options
    Hi thanks for the suggestion day 1 level 1job loved it couldn't sleep.so just got up.and worked out at 2:00 am lol. I love doing the maxium I can in shorter amount of time food call
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Got my first day done...definitely feeling it now:) After the fact I went for a 15 min jog...its so much harder to jog after doing something else...lol. I've only ever gotten to Level 2 in the past so am excited to see this one through!!! Keep it up folks!!!
  • Mariadoodle
    Mariadoodle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've just done my first day! I'm so tired! I forgot how tiring it is when you first start out- I know it gets better each day though and will be so worth it!
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 done. On the tape she says that I'll be surprised by how my body has adapted & my endurance has increased by day 5. I'm looking forward to that day.
  • jblubird
    jblubird Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's true! I'm on Day 4 Level 1 and I can definitely notice my endurance level is much higher! KEEP GOING! don't ever give up. follow through with every thing you choose to start and you will change drastically - good luck everyone!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,596 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. This is my first attempt at 30 DS but am looking forward to it. I don't have the DVD yet, and slow azz internet so Youtube is out, but I looked up the exercise sequence online. My chest/shoulders are sore...must be the pushups. I hate pushups!
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    Yes i finished my 1st day of level 1 yesterday, i am feeling it all over today :) but I am looking forward to round 2 today.
  • lifeofsun
    lifeofsun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday. I'm sore today! But smiling as I try and run down the stairs and cringe in pain! I agree lots of planks/mountain climbers. I was worried at first because I really stay away from push ups combined with movement (burpee) because I have lower back problems. But I was fine. You can do it! Just take it slow and steady, one day at a time!
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Today will be day four level one for me! Im trying to do it everyday but we will see how it works out! Ive only made it to level two and i would love to finally finish this damn thing! Im so sick of starting over with level one and it gets annoying knowing everything shes going to say before she says it lol! But its also so nice to know how long you have left! I remember when i first started out she killed me, i could barrily move the next day maybe two lol...now im a lil sore but nothing bad at all which is amazing! Level two is killer andive never seen level thre :-) to be honest im a bit scared lol! But im hoping once im done with two level three wont see sooo scary! All i know is dont give up...bcuz ive givin up way to many times and im so damn dissapointed in myself and i dont wamt all of you to be dissapointed with yourselves! We got this! :flowerforyou: oh yeah and for you who are just starting out...make sure you stretch longer then she shows you too....believe me it pays off! You wont be as sore! good luck ladies:bigsmile:
  • beachlady88
    beachlady88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1....and I suspect I will be hating life tomorrow! How does doing this video evey day reconcile with what I've always heard about resting one day in between workouts to repair our muscles? Thanks for forming the group! Jillian kicked my butt today!
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    congrats on finishing day one! she is tough!!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 last night and my legs were killing me I was very surprised when I got up this morning that I could move, not sore at all will do day 2 a little later I find weekends hard because my daughter has dance and son has hockey so always running
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have heard from others that they do take a day off once and a while so I guess it depends on the person Jillian herself even says that our muscles need a break once and awhile
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    getting ready to go downstairs and do day 2! ahhh!! But I'm excited to see this through. My body is yelling at me cuz its also TOM but oh well. I will kick but and be awesome!
  • tolleirrigon
    Options
    Getting ready to do day 2 before I go to work...I will post later about how I did. I am not as sore today as I expected to be. I did 50 mins of elliptical last night and it felt pretty good-actually was a good "stretch" so I wasn't so stiff. Took a couple of Advils before going to bed. I think the test will be work tonight. I do a 12-14 hour shift with a lot of walking (in a grocery warehouse) and extreme temps, interspersed with several hours of office work. So we will see...
  • SHAKIRA44
    SHAKIRA44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a shift worker and currently on evenings working 10hrs.....when I woke this morning my first thought was arrrrgh, I have to work out again...today would be a good day to rest my body......BUT logging on here I realized I am accountable not just to myself but all of you working out with me!!! SOOOOOOO, here I go, heading downstairs to complete Day 4.....I must remind myself to keep pushing regardless of what life holds - it's only 20mins afterall!!

Good luck peeps.....it's a love hate relationship with Jillian....hate her when your sweating, but love her in the end.
  • aknelson04
    aknelson04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 today and it does get easier. I can do the exercises this time around without stopping and I stepped my weights up in some of the exercises!