Low calorie snack ideas

Options
successgal1
successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
Someone had to start it!

I like to take fresh veggies and dip them in a dip of plain greek yogurt with hidden valley ranch dip mix. Makes it a high protein dip.

A small piece of fruit and one ounce low fat cheese is another go to for me.

If I want the carbs and fiber I have 6 triscuts with that ounce of low fat cheese.

Blue berry smoothie with 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1/3 All whites liquid egg whites, low in carbs and cals and high in protein.

Replies

• bmckamey401
    Options
    I saw a dip where you take a small container of plain Greek yogurt add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Would be good with apples or celery.
  • SerenaGrace5
    Options
    I'm not great with veggies - they don't taste so good to me... :) But one of my favorite things to do when dieting is stick some frozen fruit in the blender, add enough orange juice (Trader Joe's organic) or water to get a good consistancy, slip in some spinach, and you're good to go with a great substitute meal! I promise that you can't even taste the spinach! There's a site called Incredible Smoothies, at this link: http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/ that gives more structured recipes for green smoothies and more! Good luck to all you dieters out there! :)
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm always thinking of different ways to snack healthy and having it taste great.
    I took some baby carrots put them in a plastic sandwich bag leaving it open and put the bag in the microwave for a minute or two. The carrots were soft and so sweet. I will post more when I have more time.
    Darlene
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites:

apple slices spread with almond butter
    veggie strips dipped in hummus
    Fiber One bar
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    By lo-cal, do you have a number limit?

I love 0% Fage Yogurt with an apple. I sprinkle cinnamon on top of the yogurt and use the apple slices to scoop it up.

I also like Red Ants on a Log - Celery, natural peanut butter and Craisins. :)
  • nikknack12
    nikknack12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A snack I find good for you and refreshing: I take fresh blueberries and dip them in fat-free yogurt, place them on a tray or plate with wax paper and then freeze them. Once frozen, I store them in a freezer storage container and grab a handful whenever I need a little something.
  • NickiLee52
    Options
    So happy to see someone started this as just today I was wondering what kind of new things I could consider safe for snacks. I just start 3 days ago so am gathering up all these ownderful ideas that you all are sharing.

For me one of my favorite snacks has been celery/carrots sticks or grapes/blueberries with cottage cheese
  • uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    1 cup chocolate soy milk and 2 tablespoons of PB2 shaken for a protein drink.
    Zucchini slices, a little olive oil, Parmesan cheese--bake on cookie sheet until crispy---delicious!
    Special K chocolate pretzel 90 calorie bars.
    Bean soup: 2 cans black beans rinsed, salsa, chicken broth--mix in blender. Heat and serve!
    Skinny cow cheese wedge, Pepperidge Farm pretzel thins, and some fruit.
    Cutie tangerines.
    Popcorn.
    100 calorie almond bags.
  • dzampino
    dzampino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For a get healthy pick me up snack, I cut up a small to medium sized apple ( gala my favorite)
    I mix Bell Plantation - Pb 2 Powdered Peanut Butter, 2 Tablespoons with very little water and teaspoon of cinnamon
    I pour mixture over cut up apple and stir well, can top with a few nuts ( walnuts/almonds/pecans ) for extra protein and crunch
  • lsmolinski
    lsmolinski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love lite and fit greek yogurt 80 calories so yummy all flavors.
    I also love miracle noodles 0 calories just add low sugar tomatoes sauce and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. :smile:
  • seafuss
    seafuss Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nikknack - great idea about the blueberries dipped in yogurt and frozen. That would be great with pretzels too! Thanks for the inspiration:)
  • brendaporter1
    brendaporter1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow there are a lot of ideas on here, to answer a few questions I think I was thinking under 100calories as a lot of meals are over that you just want to keep them low, during the day I am at school so I like little finger food snacks that I can munch on well still working on my assignments, also filling too so that I am not hungry and running to the vending machines. You all have wonderful ideas Thank you so much for sharing, and keep posting things, to share with everyone in the group.
  • justrobbie00
    Options
    Great ideas so far. I sometime need just a little snack in the afternoon to keep me going and carrot sticks just don't do it. This is my go to on those days.....1 Morning Star Farms Veggie Dog - 50 calories and 1/2 slice of Sara Lee Flat Wheat bread - 50 calories for a bun, a little spicy mustard. Try them, I swear you cannot tell they are veggie hot dogs. Enjoy!
  • brendaporter1
    brendaporter1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear that strawberries taste really good dipped in yogurt and frozen....