New to group

Options
2»

Replies

• THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Everyone here is really nice and supportive. You'll like us! :wink:
  • tsloan
    tsloan Posts: 5
    Options
    Not sure how this works. If I hit reply at bottom is it a new post? If I hit reply to someone's comment does it still show up at the top? I tried to reply to someone and it sent it to the bottom, so I added the @username to indicate who I was replying to.

Any tips.
  • tsloan
    tsloan Posts: 5
    Options
    @knight76306 - Hey you are already ahead of the game if you've done it before. You can do it again.:wink:
    testing 123
  • Homebody39
    Options
    Hi there, I'm going to be 40 in 4 months...and dreading it. Tell me some good things about hitting this age, please!
  • Homebody39
    Options
    SWEAT IS FAT CRYING!! I love that!!! Thanks for the smile, I'm going to remember that next workout...
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi ya,
    Just joined the group.
    Good luck everyone and lets make this year 2013 a good one.
  • fitsonia24
    fitsonia24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also new to this group, I've been using MFP on and off for a few months and I have now been exercising regularly for the last 3 months. I'm 44 with 45 just around the corner and hopefully and I can get back in shape (lose 40 pounds) and learn to eat well. I'm basically looking for a lifestyle change that will stick. Looking forward to losing weight with all of you!!
  • Shinkermom
    Shinkermom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Old newbie here... I joined MFP a year ago and never really took the time to explore it and didn't try much. 2013 is here and I am determined to lose 50lbs by the end of it. Anyone feel free to add me if you would like to motivate each other... (just turned 49) so goal is to lose 50 by 50 :laugh:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Terry from SC. I can't believe the time I spend on this site. It's my new Facebook. Hahaha
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies! =). I absolutely love this site too but you really can get lost in the boards very easily! Best of luck in your journey!
  • copperroach
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Wendy and I too am new to this group but feel that it describes me perfectly. I hit the big 4-0 last year and decided that it was time to get fabulous ! Looking forward to meeting fellow group members and hopefully sharing some success stories. Let's prove that you still can be fit, fabulous and feisty at 40 :happy:
  • FindingTam
    FindingTam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm Tammy from Tennessee and I'm new to the group and new to MFP. I'm 44 and wanting to make a few changes in my life style. Eating healthier, getting more exercise, and losing a few pounds is at the top of my list!!

I look forward to chatting with you soon!! :smile:
  • v_mdravensfan
    v_mdravensfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Here's to a great 2013!

I started here last year, been tracking everything and now feel I have a better handle on the changes I need to make.

Looking forward to this group, and the great support and motivation that's found here!

Am in Maryland, work in DC. Feel free to add me as friend - am doing best to log every day from this point forward.

Valerie
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone:
    I've been on MFP a while now but recently added to this group and didn't think to introduce myself til I stumbled across this post. Hello everyone!!! It was all or nothing for me & I was able to meet my goals (I think for the first time ever) using this site. I am now maintaining & enjoying life. I would love the motivate & support if anyone would love to add me. I now do feel fabulous at 42!
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm 41, just joined today. New to MFP too. I think this group is exactly what I need!
  • Loralea43
    Loralea43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Loralea. I'll be 48 later this month. I learned about MFP through a former co-worker who just logged 100 days on here last week then hit the 40 pound weight loss milestone a few days later. Her journey and candor inspired me so I hopped on.

I was thin most of my life but I always had to watch my weight fairly closely and stay fit to maintain. After I married in 1999 a pound here and there went on, then a severe back injury in 2006 turned my life upside down. I've adjusted to the chronic pain and lifestyle changes and I'm so grateful for what I CAN do. I just landed my dream job in November, my training is behind me, And now I want to lose what the epidurals and post-surgery inactivity put on my frame and be the strongest and best I can be.

I'm also a member of the Lose a Pound a Week in 2013 group, and I'm considering doing the c25k soon. I live in Florida and want to be thin and enjoy going to the beach in a tiny swimsuit again. I'd also like to wear a little black dress next New Year's Eve.

Hello to all. I wish you much success and look forward to us encouraging and enjoying one another.
  • clohara
    clohara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome and if you need to chat or vent or be accountable join us. I will request friend
    As well. This can be a great journey. I know fro experience that I do well for a bit and then find reasons to stop. I only hurt myself in the end.