Do you have a type?

Options

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    With looks..I am all over the map..though I fit best with a taller, broader, slightly larger build man. I am 5'7 and a bit and even when I am finished with weight loss will never be considered petite.

A quick wit and charm tends to reel me in..I love banter and to be teased.
    I appreciate confidence, ambition and a man who is very comfortable in social situations on his own more as I get older. I also need someone who is happy with who he is..and he can't be too sweet and innocent. I like seriously off colour humour.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I never really had a "type" physically. I dated a personal trainer with the most GORGEOUS body.. And I've dated a pretty overweight guy. Both were fairly witty with a lot of life goals, though.

Height has never really been an issue. I'm 5'4, so as long as he is taller than me, it's fine.
    But I guess I typically gravitate toward guys with dark hair and light eyes. Or bald guys with light eyes. The bald thing just started happening about a year ago. Before then, I wasn't attracted to bald men, but now... Ooooh my God!

The theme I'm sensing personality-wise is witty, ambitious, and fairly needy. They may not be needy, I could just be emotionally retarded. I'm not sure why I choose these men. But I'm sure Dr. Freud could tell me...
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    The majority of the men I've dated have been around 5'9", dark hair and most have had careers in public service or served in the military at some point.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I tend to gravitate towards dark hair .. but that is about it. I don't think I have ever dated a blonde or red head.

Other than that .. I just want someone who treats me well. Someone who wants to be with me. Someone I can count on. I do need someone who can make me laugh though. That is important as well.

I have dated a couple different races .. don't have a problem with that. My family however probably does . but they aren't the ones that are alone all the time.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a type when it comes to physical attributes. Clean-cut Midwestern-born white boys with blue eyes. They get me every time...lol
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a type when it comes to physical attributes. Clean-cut Midwestern-born white boys with blue eyes. They get me every time...lol

When you first meet these guys...clean-cut, blonde hair, blue eyes....do you rely on their accent to clue you in to where they were born? What if he was born in CA but moved to the Midwest as a young boy? Is that a deal-breaker? Just curious....I don't think I could ever list a birth place as something that makes someone more attractive to me.

OK, I lied...thick Irish accents will get me every time.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

When you first meet these guys...clean-cut, blonde hair, blue eyes....do you rely on their accent to clue you in to where they were born? What if he was born in CA but moved to the Midwest as a young boy? Is that a deal-breaker? Just curious....I don't think I could ever list a birth place as something that makes someone more attractive to me.

LOL I usually get clued in by their accents. My boyfriend is from Northeastern Oklahoma and doesn't have much of an accent unless he says something like "lawyer."

I never said blonde :) I like the darker hair.

But I do agree about those thick Irish accents. Yum.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I've found myself attracted to taller, slightly bigger (thicker all over, like a little stomach, thick thighs), dark-haired men. Very Ben Affleck-type men but with a bigger body.

This is me generally, I like to feel they can protect me. Shorter men are off limits.
    As I get older and have been burned a few times I think my type is becoming less an issue (minus the height).
    I also believe that some people have certain things about their appearance or their personality that draw you too them, even if mainly you wouldn't have given them a second thought solely based on their looks.

I have been trying to keep an open mind lately as I, once again, navigate thru online dating.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The only correlation I can think of is brunette and tall.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been attracting lying losers. So my new type basically consists of a guy that's not a *kitten*' liar!!!
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I used to be all about the blondes, then it was long hair, then funny yet shaved and now it is uber tall dark and douchey. Sigh.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The only correlation I can think of is brunette and tall.

My roots are brunette, does that count? :tongue:
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Has to have a job and a car. And breathing.

If he could also have dark hair and a killer smile that would only help his case.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I have the same type for the clean cut midwestern white boys and I can tell they are midwestern by how they carry themselves usually.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options

The ONLY reason I sponsored a poor kid in Central America was because the girl selling sponsorships door to door had an Irish accent. I guess I just wanted to hear her talk.

5 years later I'm still paying for it :grumble:

It's not easy being easy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

I have the same type for the clean cut midwestern white boys and I can tell they are midwestern by how they carry themselves usually.

I just went to North Carolina in September and I noticed a big difference between the Midwest and the East Coast in terms of attitudes and such. As my friend put it "you don't appreciate Minnesota Nice until you leave."
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

care to elaborate? i'm from the south. lol. idk what midwesterners are like.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just went to North Carolina in September and I noticed a big difference between the Midwest and the East Coast in terms of attitudes and such. As my friend put it "you don't appreciate Minnesota Nice until you leave."
    [/quote]

You would probably hate New England then. I always thought the people in the South are so friendly......anything south of Maryland I consider the "nice South"

My ex husband was from Arkansas and shen his parents came to visit, they HATED it here and commented numerous times on how unfriendly the people here are. Kind of sad, actually, but I never realized it, until I went to visit other places.....
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Charismatic, intelligent, erudite, a strong sense of the ridiculous... and usually around 6 foot, dark hair and light eyes seems to be what I usually go for, though the physical does vary somewhat, whilst the character elements do not. Often far, far 'cooler' than I am (why is it that intelligence and strong personality in men usually translates as 'cool', but more often than not is seen as a negative in women??). Nice broad shoulders and appealing forearms/hands don't hurt either. :love:
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    Would "The Wrong" be concidered a type?

If so, that's what I pick lol