Breakfast?

Tanja_CHH
Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
Do you or do you not? Is it okay not to eat breakfast? I typically force it down because I feel I should as thats the healthy thing to do (what ive always been told) however eating breakfast only tend to make me hungrier, when Im not hungry in the first place. Thoughts?

Replies

• I'm not a morning person. All I want when I get up is coffee. I typically don't eat a thing until I've been awake for at least 2 or 3 hours. If I skip "breakfast" entirely and don't eat until lunch, it's not a big deal. Sometimes I go to lunch early at a Japanese buffet; no breakfast before I go, and usually no dinner that evening, I just eat something minor if I'm hungry that night.

If you're not hungry, don't eat. One of the best parts of adulthood is eating what ever you want to, when ever you want to.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    You aren't supposed to force yourself to eat according to Primal/Paleo mantras, and intermittent fasting is commonly used by a lot of fellow cavemen and women. You could also try bulletproof coffee if you really feel you should get something in.
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Good question, because I've wondered this too. I never feel like eating breakfast until around 10 or 11am. I'm going to stick to what has worked for me then.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    My breakfast is usually around 6-7PM, and is pretty huge. Tonight was lamb chilli on kumara chips. It was good.

I can't be other eating earlier than this because, well, I'm not really hungry. And if I force myself to eat, I feel sleepy - hence the bg meal around dinner = better sleep, especially with the starch. The exception to this is on my workout days if I train earlier in the day, I have a protein shake; this is just to stay safe, I really can't afford to lose weight ATM.

Once you eat only 1-2 huge meals a day, it's nigh impossible to go back. Trust me.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks for the replies everybody!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    I'm always hungry around 8-8:30 am...as I get up at 5:30, soI always have breakfast...bt if your not hungry, just eat when you are :bigsmile:
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    I always eat breakfast, but I'm always hungry in the morning. :)
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    I did not used to eat breakfast but now I wake up HUNGRY!!!!!
  • You aren't supposed to force yourself to eat according to Primal/Paleo mantras, and intermittent fasting is commonly used by a lot of fellow cavemen and women. You could also try bulletproof coffee if you really feel you should get something in.

OK, curious...what is bulletproof coffee?
  • kannd86
    kannd86 Posts: 42
    It is coffee with grass-fed butter in it, and it's delicious. See: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/coffee/ (You don't have to buy that coffee, any coffee will do. Or tea.)
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    You aren't supposed to force yourself to eat according to Primal/Paleo mantras, and intermittent fasting is commonly used by a lot of fellow cavemen and women. You could also try bulletproof coffee if you really feel you should get something in.

Everything I've read so far explaining the program refers to this. I'm trying to listen to my body more and I realize how much i've been eating at morning, noon, and night simply because those are the times that you are 'supposed' to eat. Listening to my body more!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    I eat breakfast if I'm hungry when I wake up, which I am a lot of the time. If I'm not particularly hungry, I do bulletproof coffee, as I've found I just feel better when I put something in my stomach before I leave the house. Intermittent fasting (IF) works really well for lots of people, but it hasn't been so great in terms of my own experience with it.
  • It is coffee with grass-fed butter in it, and it's delicious. See: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/coffee/ (You don't have to buy that coffee, any coffee will do. Or tea.)

Neat! I have never heard of that...
  • I wake up starving! My husband and I eat a "paleo pancake" (a mashed banana and 2 eggs with a sprinkle of cinnamon makes 2 pancakes) every morning through the week. Then on the weekends he likes something a little more substantial since we wake up a bit later, so its generally homemade sausage and scrambled eggs or bacon and scrambled eggs.
  • girliegrrrl
    girliegrrrl Posts: 10 Member
    I wake up hungry! I also have to eat something because that is when I take my diabetes meds and it's not pretty when my sugar bottoms out. (Number one reason I"m eating Paleo/Primal is to get OFF those meds!!)

My fiance makes "egg muffies" every weekend and we eat them throughout the week. They are just little mini-quiches with no crust we bake in muffin tins.

I want to try those "pancakes" though - they sound delicious! And a nice break from the egg thing.