Week 1

Options
Hello! My name is Ashleigh, I'm 23 and 177 pounds at 5'9. I have a goal weight of 160, then from there, who knows!

In about 2 hours, I start day 1 of Insanity for the first time. I've never done any work out as hard as this one, but that just makes it more exciting, right? Also, to help fuel me... The last work out of this round is March 9th, which is my 24th birthday. So now it has turned into, how amazing can i become for my birthday?!

I searched for this group to give and get support, share tips, ideas and pictures and to never quit again!

Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashleigh! That's awesome that your end date falls on your birthday. All the more incentive for you to dig deeper! Good luck with the first week, you'll do fine
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first Fit test... I can do ZERO push up jacks! I guess that means I have a lot of room for improvement :] I'm so fine with that.
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    Yeah so long as you try your hardest it will come. Rome wasnt built in a day

Im currently just finished the first week and it was a killer but i do feel pretty awesome and im on a rest day today.

Good luck with it and there plenty of us here to keep you motivated throughout
  • s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better I previously tried insanity before the holidays and I could only do 1 not so good push up jack. I only made it to the 2nd fit test (two weeks) before I decided not to do it through the holidays and begin again in the new year but I had already increased to 5. I was just happy I could actually do one. I just started over again and today was the first day of my second week and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can increase that by the end of the program. Good luck to you!
  • NatCorona
    NatCorona Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also started with the insanity fit test on the 7th! Looking forward to what changes are in store over the next two months! Let's do this journey together!
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    I'm excited for the next fit test to see how many I can do :] I love it so far!
  • amber021
    Options
    NatCorona I also started on the 7th! I am excited to hear about your progress!
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    How are all the first weekers doing today? Still going strong?
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hi i finished my 1st week yesterday. I did not realize how out of shape I was until I started this round of insanity. I was huffing and puffing through all the workouts. :cry: oh well next week is a new week.:happy:
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Didn't complete it the first round, giving it another shot this time! Just finished Plyometric Cardio Circuit and it kicked my butt quite literally. :angry: Hang in there, everyone! It gets better (I hope).
  • TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I started insanity on the 9th. I am really enjoying it so far but man is it ever hard. Some times I feel like I am just going to lay down and die. Thank goodness for the 30 second breaks!!