Quick Low-Carb Lunches

Options
anthophora
anthophora Posts: 74 Member
I would be interested in hearing what folks do for low carb lunches at work. The less prep time the better. I am particularly interested in fresh foods but other (i.e. frozen meals) would be welcome.

Thanks!

Replies

• EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Normally I make sure there is leftover protein from dinner and take that, plus a salad to work. Keeps me from going to the cafeteria and eating carb loaded crud.
  • aimeehoward73
    Options
    I try to take left overs from dinner, or if I'm in a hurry I grab one of the new Atkin's Frozen meals out of the freezer. I've also taken a salad with chicken, cheese and bacon bits.
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Depends on how low carb you need to go. I like Josephs pita bread opened & spread with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a third of a banana or any sandwich fillings or chicken or tuna salad. I am satisfied with one half the pita. Egg salad with celery or pita chips, egg drop soup is easy.Home-made pimento cheese spread with celery is awesome too.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I also do the leftovers route, most of the time. I always try to make extra protein for later meals, and mix up different veggies or top a salad. My diary is open if you'd like to look. Just omit any potatoes or fruit you see for lower carbs.
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today I am having salami, cheese and 10 olives. Yum!
    My usual though is a salad with last nights protein.
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else, I usually plan my dinner so I have leftovers for lunch the next day. If I don't have leftovers than lunch is uaually 4 oz of cottage cheese and some veggies.
  • Sasmin40
    Options
    A salade with Cucumber and chickenbreast, eggs or tuna. Or I make a crustless quiche. And if there are leftovers from the diner, that would be my lunch the next day. If I'm in a hurry, I sometimes take a shake.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I keep hard-boiled eggs in the company fridge for snacking whenever I get the munchies. For lunches, I can bring one of those individual tuna pouches, combine it with one of those eggs and some mayo and/or mustard, and have a little tuna salad.
    Other ideas...
    Mozarella stick and a thin pickle spear wrapped in a slice of lunchmeat.
    Or, the other way 'round, use some leftover fajita-sliced chicken or chicken fingers and wrap it in a slice of cheese.
    Can also bring a hollowed-out bell pepper and put cheese / meat inside, and eat it either hot or cold.
    And, as everyone else said, last night's leftovers are always a good choice.

Good luck to you!
  • SKArunner
    SKArunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am all about quick and easy . . .

Just became addicted to Mission carb performance tortillas. Yesterday, I had peanut butter & sugar free Raspberry jelly. Today I took an Avocado with 2 tbsp of bacon bits mixed it up and filled two tortillas. Tomorrow might be tortilla ham and cheese wrap . ..

I think I might be getting too much fiber these days . . .
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla addict here too. Nearly every day I have one with some lunch meat and cheese. And either low carb yogurt or a cheese stick. Later in the afternoon I might eat some turkey pepperoni or carrots dipped in hummus.
  • dickster1961
    dickster1961 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In the past, I would cook enough protein, usually boneless chicken breasts or hamburgers, to pack for my lunches with either a salad or some frozen vegetables. Leftovers from the night before work as well. Lately, if I haven't prepared something in advance I have a can of tuna along with a salad
  • jmdesrochers
    jmdesrochers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I make 1 doz. hard boiled eggs. On Monday I bring in 10 eggs and a 10 ct. pkg. of Babybel light cheeses. For lunch, I eat two eggs, two cheeses and half a bag of steamed veggies (steamed the night before at dinner). Sprinkle on some spices and YUM!

Bonus: instant portion control...my downfall!
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Back the bus up! There's low carb Atkins frozen meals?! And low carb yogurt? I feel like I've been living in a deprived cave... *runs to scour the Internet for the above mentioned items*
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i make a Salmon or Tuna salad and Low Carb Flaxseed bread.

instant sammich!!!!:heart:
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Leftovers or a sandwich/wrap with low carb tortillas or bread. I'm not super low carb though so the low carb products are no biggie, but I have read about them stalling weight loss in some people who are very low carb so you might want to play around with it before you dive in head first.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Back the bus up! There's low carb Atkins frozen meals?! And low carb yogurt? I feel like I've been living in a deprived cave... *runs to scour the Internet for the above mentioned items*

I've never heard of low carb yogurt, but I use plain, whole milk yogurt, which has 6g carbs, 5g fat, and 4g of protein in half a serving (which is actually a lot, with regard to yogurt). It's not super low carb, but it's not bad either and it's got a pretty good profile with the fat and protein in there as well. Plain, full fat Greek yogurt has an even better profile (5/5/9 c/f/p), but it's very difficult to find the full fat Greek stuff around here.
  • adrie315
    adrie315 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i love chicken and lettuce (2-3cups).. i pretty much have it everyday.. i also add some Parmesan cheese.. Im not a huge dressing person but sometimes I add the oil and vin.. and ceasar dressing is actually pretty low carb too so i mix them