January 14-20 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Welcome to all.

Here is the mini challenge for January week 3. Enjoy!!

I still want you to think of three things before you eat. They are:

1) Why are you eating?-(Are you bored?,Are you sad?,Are you really hungry?,etc)
2) What are you eating?-(Are you eating nutritional food?,Are you staying within your calorie limit?,Is your body going to benefit from what you are eating? etc)
3) When are you eating?-(Are you eating in secret?,Are you eating late at night?,Did you just eat? etc)

Answering these questions honestly will help you to analyze some of your eating faults.

Monday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Stay within your alloted calorie limit and give up one of your comfort foods.
Cardio-Do 30 minutes of increased heart rate cardio exercise (ie jog, bicycle,elliptical,jumping jacks,aerobics,zumba,etc)
Strength-Do 10 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 squats with arm raises, and 20 lunges with bicep curl. Repeat all 3X's
Water- drink 8-10 glasses if water.

Tuesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat 25 less than your alloted carbohydrate limit
Cardio- Do 45-60 minutes of interval training (1 minute slow pace, 1 minute fast pace)
Strength- No strength today. Let your muscles heal

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat your limit of protein. It is necessary to repair and maintain muscle.
Cardio- Do 30 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 10 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 squats with arm raises, and 20 lunges with bicep curl. Repeat all 3X's.

Thursday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat lots of fibre today. (ie fruits, veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, fibre one bars (love them)
Cardio - Do 45-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity
Strength- no strength today

Friday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay below your sodium limit. (pay particular attention to packaged or take out food which is very high in sodium)
Cardio - Do 30 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 10 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 squats with arm raises, and 20 lunges with bicep curl. Repeat all 3X's.

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength - Do something special for yourself today. Maybe get your hair done, have a manicure, go shopping etc. You deserve it

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food - Enjoy a healthy home cooked meal with your family.
Cardio - Go for a 30-45 minute leisurely walk with your family or somebody special in your life.
Strength - Work on the part of your body that bothers you the most.

I hope everybody has a great week. Any feedback regarding these challenges would be greatly appreciated. I am by no means a professional trainer, these are just some things that I have learned throughout my journey, and ask that everybody go at their level and avoid injuries.

Keep Smiling , :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna

Replies

• Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank You Donna
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thank you Donna!!

30 minutes on the treadmill and weigh work done!!:tongue:
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Your welcome everybody. I did 20
    monutes on the elliptical, the strength routine and 20
    Minutes in the treadmill. Burned 561 calories according to my HRM

Have a great evening
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    45 minutes on the elliptical, while watching Dr. Who ;)
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tuesday::
    Food- 60 under
    Cardio- w5d1 of couch to 5k
    Water- water is in

Have a great week everyone. Been a little MIA, daughter is sick, but still on track just may not have time to post as often.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Have to admit I was bad yesterday and spent my evening fighting with a TV repair guy so did not get any workout in. I will try to do double duty tonight....
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Still feeling Monday's challenge!! Good one Donna!!
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    Got in the strength part of the challenge & I'm too tired to do the cardio now:noway: ....I'll be feeling that tomorrow!
    Donna no worries ....I've heard that arguing with a repair man burns thousands of calories! :wink:
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Thanks Pammi, I won the arguement and we now have HD TV with a PVR. The only bad thing is it's in the bedroom and I would rather have it in the basement where I workout so I could tape shows and watch them while doing my cardio. boohoo me :sad: :sad: Went for groceries and out for supper last night and came home and worked out for 45 minutes. Did the challenge.

Have a great Thursday.
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    Food-good on fiber! love it on iphone app you can see how much fiber you eat. prob can on website just have not found where yet
    Cardio - w5d2 of couch to 5k
    Water- finishing up now

I have been slacking so badly with strength training...I need to kick myself in butt. When DD goes down for nap I must admit I am lazy and just cuddle up on the couch and look at Pinterest. I will do the challenge tom, that is my goal even if I need to hold DD while I do it.
  • Pammie1000
    Options
    Oh my Donna, you do need a TV to watch while working out, it really helps pass the time! I still have about 20 more episodes of Dr. Who on Netflix , I get one started and 45 minutes is gone in a flash!

I rode a stationary bike for 45 minutes today, ate a fiber one Brownie ...Yum! and more veggies than usual....I cooked today! :wink:
  • dutchess42856
    dutchess42856 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing this Donna. I am making good choices - not quite there on the strength training, but making progress!!!