1/14-1/20/13

Options
Jovan0609
Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
Hello group!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days...I was having computer problems...but I have been consistant with my workouts. I see that you all have been too.

Feel free to add your workouts for this week! Stay encouraged pals! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jovan0609
    Options
    1/14/13 (Week 4 Day 1):

Fire 45 Class + Upper Body 20 + Stretch 10 -- Burned 680 calories (per HRM)

We've got this!! :smile:
  • nyfashionista19
    nyfashionista19 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! New to the group and I just started tubofire last week. I completed my first Fire 55 EZ class today and whewwww!! It was something serious!! But I pushed through and burned 646 cals. Tomorrow is another Fire 30 + Stretch 10 day for me :-)
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Hey ladies!! New to the group and I just started tubofire last week. I completed my first Fire 55 EZ class today and whewwww!! It was something serious!! But I pushed through and burned 646 cals. Tomorrow is another Fire 30 + Stretch 10 day for me :-)

Welcome to the group boo! Great job on finishing the Fire 55 class! That was my workout yesterday and it is NO joke! Keep it up!
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Week 2, day 1

Fire 45 (655 kcal burned) + Stretch 10.. That was a fun workout.

Keep up the fantastic work, everyone!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1-15-13: FIRE 30 + Jillian Michaels' Killer Abs, Level One

Today was the most fun I've ever had during Fire 30 and the best I've done with the choreography! I was so happy! This was my 4th time through the workout and I am so glad to see that I am finally learning the moves! I introduced two of my closest friends to Turbo Fire today and they did Fire 30 with me and loved it too! Yay for working out with friends!

I see that you all are posting your calorie burns for your workouts. Are you wearing HRMs? If so, what kind/brand do you use and do you like it? I am in the market for one! Thanks for you help and good luck this week!
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 watch. Its quality is good and it gets the job done. In a few months, I'd like to upgrade to a model that has GPS for when I jog outdoors in nicer weather, but the FT4 is enough for my current needs. It seems like a popular model on this site.
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-15-13: FIRE 30 + Jillian Michaels' Killer Abs, Level One

Today was the most fun I've ever had during Fire 30 and the best I've done with the choreography! I was so happy! This was my 4th time through the workout and I am so glad to see that I am finally learning the moves! I introduced two of my closest friends to Turbo Fire today and they did Fire 30 with me and loved it too! Yay for working out with friends!

I see that you all are posting your calorie burns for your workouts. Are you wearing HRMs? If so, what kind/brand do you use and do you like it? I am in the market for one! Thanks for you help and good luck this week!

Great job on incorporating your friends into the workout mix. I find that I always seem to work out harder and better when I work out with my boyfriend. Friends are a great way to push you through the tough parts. :-)

I use an HRM and it looks like I have the same kind as aidan82. I use the Polar FT4 as well and I absolutelyl LOVE it! It's so easy and keeps a log of all of your burns.
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Week 2, day 1

Fire 45 (655 kcal burned) + Stretch 10.. That was a fun workout.

Keep up the fantastic work, everyone!

Way to go!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-15-13 (Week 4, Day 2)

HIIT 20 Class + Abs 10 + Lower Body 20

The boo wanted to do Zumba this morning for cardio since he wasn't doing a HIIT workout, so I had 20 minutes of Zumba added in this morning as well.

Total calories burned (per HRM) -- 530 calories

Great day before the much needed REST day! :happy:
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Nice work, Jovan0609!

femme62209, here is more info on HRMs:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/853515-should-i-trust-a-hrm-for-calories-burned

A HRM is more or less reliable for a high intensity cardio workout, but never use it for something like strength training. I don't log calories burned during strength training anyway.
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    HIIT 20 (176 kcal burned) plus Stretch 10, as well as an hour long hip hop class earlier this evening.. I have a much deserved day of rest tomorrow! :smile:
  • femme62209
    Options
    Nice work, Jovan0609!

femme62209, here is more info on HRMs:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/853515-should-i-trust-a-hrm-for-calories-burned

A HRM is more or less reliable for a high intensity cardio workout, but never use it for something like strength training. I don't log calories burned during strength training anyway.

Thank you and Jovan0609 both so much for the info on HRMs! I will be sure to let you know when I purchase one!

1.16.13: FIRE 45

This is probably my favorite workout of Chalene's so far. I just love the music and the dance moves (especially when you slap your knees at the beginning!) I am loving that I can follow her moves now, which just makes it so much easier to get a better workout.

Happy sweating everyone!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    HIIT 20 (176 kcal burned) plus Stretch 10, as well as an hour long hip hop class earlier this evening.. I have a much deserved day of rest tomorrow! :smile:

WELL DONE!! I LOVE hip hop classes. They are one of the most fun cardio burns I do. :-)
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-17-13 (week 4 day 4)

HIIT 20 -- 170 calories burned
    Sculpt 30 -- 200 calories burned
    370 calories burned

I had to go a little easy on the HIIT workout today because I dealt with a painful knee all day yesterday. I'm just glad the pain eased up enough for me to do a workout today. Stay encouraged pals!:flowerforyou:
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Jovan0609, we had a similar workout today! Except mine was HIIT 15. I felt like jello after HIIT 15, but then Sculpt 30 was even more of a killer! I'm a quivering mass of jelly right now, I'm going to pay for it tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • femme62209
    Options
    1.17.13: HIIT 25

I was so nervous for this long of a HIIT workout but I crushed it!! I did so much better than I thought I was going to and I felt great, albeit exhausted, afterwards.

Jovan0609- I'm so sorry to hear your knee has been hurting you. I hope it starts to feel better fast. You are so dedicated to push through the pain!

Aidan82- I know the feeling! But don't you just love feeling sore the next day? It means that you're doing something amazing!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-18-13 (Week 4 Day 5)

FIre 55 EZ Class -- 500 calories

Stay encouraged everyone! You girls are doing a really great job and showing some great dedication!

Since I'm not direct friends with everyone in the group, I do want to share that I went to the store yesterday and have dropped a full pants size! I felt so accomplished yesterday and felt such a feeling of pride in myself. So, I definitely say to stick with it because persistence and dedication will pay off. :smile:
  • femme62209
    Options

Since I'm not direct friends with everyone in the group, I do want to share that I went to the store yesterday and have dropped a full pants size! I felt so accomplished yesterday and felt such a feeling of pride in myself. So, I definitely say to stick with it because persistence and dedication will pay off. :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing feeling! I am so proud of you and your dedication! You are awesome!
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    EZ 55, and 542 kcal burned!

Enjoy the weekend, ladies, and keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1/20/13 (Week 4, Day 7)

Fire 45 -- 525 calories

Stretch 10 -- 75 calories

600 calorie burn!

I took yesterday off to take a trip over to Atlanta and spend some time catching up with friends. It was exactly what I needed to rejuvinate me to work even harder. Nothing beats being surrounded by true and genuine love and support.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Let's get ready to start the new week truly motivated and dedicated to each workout!

Stay encouraged! :flowerforyou: