Low Carb Breakfasts

MrsB54321
MrsB54321 Posts: 4 Member
I recently started a low carb diet, and it's been a lot easier than i thought it would be.... Except at breakfast time. I can't stomach eating another egg. Does anyone have any good low carb breakfast recipes without the word omlette in them? :)

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Sausage links or patties w/ a slice of cheese
    not sure what your carb limit is, but if it's high enough stick those between 2 slices of good-grain bread, otherwise eat as-is, add bacon if desired :happy:

Smoothie with flax seeds

If anyone else wants to post ideas, it'd be great. This is the hardest meal for me to figure out too!
  • MrsB54321
    Right now my carb limit is really low. I'm doing 2 weeks of extremely low carb, then i'll add in a few whole grains and fruits. I'm having a lot of trouble with breakfast because I don't eat meat other than eggs and the occasional thing of fish. You would think that an almost vegetarian diet would suffice for weight loss alone, but that's definitely not the case. (too many potatoes, pastas, and breads!!!)
  • I regularly have cottage cheese and bacon for an easy non-egg breakfast. I'm breastfeeding, so I'm not super strict on carbs. I'm usually between 40 and 20 per day.
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    with a really low carb count you could fry chorizo up and add an egg or two. the egg is like non existant but it makes it super fluffy. very yummy

oops read ur post about not eating meat. sorry
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    I once made a paleo oatmeal with egg whites, banana and flax meal. Sort of like this .

http://fitting-it-all-in.com/i-tried-it-oatless-oatmeal/,

or muffins in a minute a.k.a. MIM's can be very satisfying.
  • MrsB54321
    All of those sound really good! :) Even the meat ones... my husband would love those
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Leftover low carb dinner! I often eat "non-breakfast" food for breakfast. Chicken salad is good, maybe you could do tuna salad? A smoothie with protein powder/peanut butter/Greek yogurt is pretty filling.
  • maremare312
    Or Celery with peanut butter or almond butter, cucumber boats stuffed with cream cheese or cottage cheese. Do you like meat substitutes? I like Morningstar Farms better than Gardenburger (less rice).It looks like Morningstar garden veggie burger has 6 g net carb and their veggie sausage has 3 g net carb
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Leftover low carb dinner! I often eat "non-breakfast" food for breakfast. Chicken salad is good, maybe you could do tuna salad? A smoothie with protein powder/peanut butter/Greek yogurt is pretty filling.

This was my suggestion also! I generally don't eat "normal" breakfast food" for breakfast - sometimes it's leftover pot roast or chicken, sometimes eggs, sometimes a smoothie with protein powder, sometimes just some deli meat or a piece of cheese.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    This morning I had smoked salmon philly rolls for breakfast (homemade)

I took a sheet of nori which was .5carbs, smeared some softened cream cheese on it, put smoked salmon, cucumber strips and capers in and rolled it up and sliced. I ate 2 entire rolls and was stuffed.

No one says you have to eat eggs :)
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Low fat, carb and calorie Cheesecake Cups

Ingredients
    1 - 8oz package of softened low fat cream cheese
    1- 8 oz. package of softened FAT free cream cheese
    1/4 cup splenda
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 c eggbeaters

ps... can use DaVinci syrups in place of splenda to chg up the taste

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350
    line a cupcake pan of 12 with paper liners
    Soften cream cheese about 30 seconds in the microwave. Add the rest of the ingredients. Beat with mixer until smooth.

Pour the batter into 12 muffin tins that have been lined with paper cups and sprayed with a non-stick spray.

Muffin papers sprayed with non-stick spray can also be used for easy removal. Sprinkle some almond meal or pecan meal into base of cupcake and then add the cheesecake mix on top.

Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes. DO NOT over cook

Tastes BEST when refrigerated Over Night..

PS variation of flavors can be made using all the various Da Vinci sugar free syrups..
    i.e. Raspberry, Coconut, Hazelnut, use your imagination for variety. you can swirl the flavor into the cup to get a marble affect.

Number of Servings: 12
  • maremare312
    That sounds good! I might try it with regular cream cheese and whole eggs...I personally don't use any fat free/low fat stuff when eating low carb.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Agreed, those cheesecakes sound great but the fat is what keeps ya full so I stick to full fat.
  • MrsB54321
    that sounds great! thanks for the tip :)
  • LaPanadera
    LaPanadera Posts: 9 Member
    I make a warm gruel (farina like) with coconut flour, psyllum husk powder and protein powder.
    Yield: 1 serving

Heat up 1 cup milk or milk substitute (I use Vanilla u/s almond milk) to almost boiling.
    While the milk is heating, mix together 1 Tbsp. coconut flour, 1 Tbsp. psyllum husk powder, and 2 Tbsp. protein powder, pinch of cinnamon and pinch of salt.
    Pour the milk into your bowl. Add the dry ingredients, stir till no lumps remain. Cover and let sit at room temperature 5-30 minutes.
    Add Stevia or sugar substitute to taste. Sometimes I add a small handful of nuts and nuke it briefly to warm it back up.

This usually stays with me for 4-5 hours. You should be able to find any ingredient at a big grocery or health food store. I also shop at I-Herb.com for stuff like the psyllum husk powder if you can't find it locally.
  • I like to make pancakes with flaxmeal....

3 Tablespoons Flaxmeal
    1 Egg
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 tablespoon Davinci SF Vanilla Syrup (I've also used Caramel which is good)

Mix all ingredients and let sit for a minute. Heat a skillet and melt a little bit of butter in the skillet. Then just cook like pancakes. You can get 2 pancakes out of this. Top with SF Syrup.

160 calories
    7 carbs
    6 fiber
    12 fat
    11 protein
    1 net carb
  • Bump for later :)
  • mommy3fit
    mommy3fit Posts: 48 Member
    bump
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/cinnamon-breakfast-muffin/Default.aspx

This a really good and easy low carb option. I add nuts to mine! Delicious!
  • Hummingbird82
    Hummingbird82 Posts: 79 Member
    Ralph's CARBmaster yogurt only 4 NET carbs and satisfy any swweet tooths

Quick Mock Danish http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mock_danish.html
    1 egg
    2 oz cream cheese
    1 -2 TBSP granulated Splenda
    1 pat Butter (optional)
    cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients in a coffee mug. Put in microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes (until egg cooked through) Also cures sweet tooth cravings and is low carb

Hard- Boiled Eggs with Hot Sauce

Sheila's Low Carb Pancakes
    http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/RecipesPage.html

Cheddar Cheese Slices with Ready Cooked Sausage