Remnants of the Ex

Options

Replies

• CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Naked photos. I can't believe no one has said that yet.

Hahahaha... Sex tape.

Gonna wait 'til that b#tch is famous before I post that sucker up. LOL

Just joshin'..... I don't have a sex tape.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have a really old Snoopy shirt. I like Snoopy and the shirts comfortable. On the flip side, she still has a Winnie the Pooh bear I made from a red and yellow sock with small black buttons for eyes. I got the idea from an arts and craft magazine I read a long time ago. On the scale of 1 to 10, my craft and sewing skills are about a .3. The end product was pretty terrible. I asked her why she still has this ugly thing and offered to get rid of it for her. She got really mad at me when I made the suggestion. >.>
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I have a really old Snoopy shirt. I like Snoopy and the shirts comfortable. On the flip side, she still has a Winnie the Pooh bear I made from a red and yellow sock with small black buttons for eyes. I got the idea from an arts and craft magazine I read a long time ago. On the scale of 1 to 10, my craft and sewing skills are about a .3. The end product was pretty terrible. I asked her why she still has this ugly thing and offered to get rid of it for her. She got really mad at me when I made the suggestion. >.>

Awwww I'd get mad too. Sounds like the best gift ever - original, thoughtful, creative, made with love.....awwww! :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

You missed a whole thread on this recently Chris. And Yes, I have kept all those :bigsmile:
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    I still watch many of the shows that used to be 'his' shows. Shoot me, I enjoy them too now. Didn't like them before, but I guess if you see something often enough you become fond of it.

I also kept his cat. And no, I'm not giving her away, no matter how much she reminds me that she was once his! :laugh: She's my babe now.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I tend to like getting rid of things. But.. I don't feel I need to do so to purge my life of an ex. In fact.. I kind of think that as long as you don't obsess about it, remembering is pretty healthy.
    I enjoyed this article..

In defense of never moving on

http://jezebel.com/5974934/in-defense-of-never-moving-on?tag=love

Interesting article Dani...... I'm not saying I agree wholeheartedly, as I certainly dont think of my ex's 'every day', however, as I've said in recent posts on here, I think ex's aren't as bad a thing as we make them out to be. I know my life would not have been the same if it wasn't for 2 or 3 of mine, and I'll never forget the good times we had. Even the bad times have their place :flowerforyou:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    agreed...some I have not thought of in possibly years! At least months. But the spirit of let's just cut everything off, bundle it up and throw it away and "move on" pains me. I'd like to think that every person taught me something..or there was some value there.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

You missed a whole thread on this recently Chris. And Yes, I have kept all those :bigsmile:

I like your style.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

yeah, my thread went swimmingly about that lol
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I still have a watch and a necklace from an ex that I've been meaning to go sell at a pawn shop. Normally I wouldn't care but I still have particularly negative feelings about this one.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I still have a hat from my highschool boyfriend some where but other than that I haven't kept anything.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Never kept anything. Out with the old and in with the new.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have gotten rid of/burnt everything of an ex. Went so far as to get rid of all the pictures an ex and I took on our England Trip in 2001. I agree with Mike, out with the old, in with the new. There's no need to have all that stuff hanging around.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I took on our England Trip in 2001.

You came to England Kristen? :bigsmile: Where, where???
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I still have roses from an ex bf of 2 yrs ago, can't make myself throw them away. They are all dried up too..sigh

I have a diamond caribbean blue ring from another ex, just sits in my jewelry box (I am from the caribbean and my fav color Blue), so he put some thought into it.

I also have chains with crosses that I have also gotten, I still wear those because I collect them & was given them from my ex bf of 14 yrs.

Not going to give them away or sell them, the are MINE! :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I took on our England Trip in 2001.

You came to England Kristen? :bigsmile: Where, where???

Yeah, my last trip was in 2001 (:sad: ), but my mother was born in Liverpool and I have been "across the pond" about 15 times in my early years visiting my grandparents (that unfortunately past away in 2004). They lived in Cheshire (near Stockton Heath) and we split the trip into a week there and a week in London. But that wasn't my first trip to London and I swear to god it won't be my last! :smile:

Plane tickets skyrocketted after that (and the money exchange stinks) and I haven't been able to afford a trip back. But I LOVE England and will go back soon - I have no reason to visit Cheshire area again, but I will plan a trip to London in the next 5 years (even if I have to take out a loan to get there!).
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my last trip was in 2001 (:sad: ), but my mother was born in Liverpool and I have been "across the pond" about 15 times in my early years visiting my grandparents (that unfortunately past away in 2004). They lived in Cheshire (near Stockton Heath) and we split the trip into a week there and a week in London. But that wasn't my first trip to London and I swear to god it won't be my last! :smile:

That is funny. My father was born in Liverpool, and I have family in Britian.

He was born in 1944 I believe (yes I don't really know for sure, there is a reason for that haha).
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I have a GIR beanie and a shirt that says "If you think I'm a ***** then you should meet my mom!"

From the first ex I have a pajama shirt that has "Kitsune" embroidered on it.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nothing but memories. Trying my absolute best to get rid of them as well, but then they pop up in my dreams/nightmares - bleh! Everything of his was sold, burnt, thrown/given away!
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never kept anything. Out with the old and in with the new.

:bigsmile:

Me too!

Ex "Do you want our picture that hangs on the wall?"
    Me "you know that fire pit in the yard? Use it"