What is your favorite Low carb Whey or Protein powder?

Options
I recently found Raw protein powder that's 0 carbs! This is the unflavored version and though it's a bit chalky, I think I can last for tub.

Do you have any ones you love? and what is the approx cost/where do you buy it?

I used to use Body Fortress whey - but that's about 7 carbs per serving and only $15 for 24 servings at walmart. Great taste.

A friend let me try her Body by Vi shake, but I didn't like the aftertaste (or the cost!).

Just wanted to see if you all had any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    NOW organic whey protein.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Whey Protein Powder in many different flavors. Jay Robb has a money back guarantee it is the best tasting protein powder. I love it because he does not use aspartame, sucarose aka splenda. Jay Robb only uses Stevia. Another reason I recommend Jay Robb is because the Protein powder is organic from grass fed cows in NZ that are not injected with growth hormone shots etc.

I have read horror stories where the cheaper Protein powders contain a small amount of arsenic, and other toxins that should not be in a Protein Shake. I appreciate it when I know where the whey comes from to make sure it is organic. I think my Friend if you try Jay Robb you will agree it really does taste like a Milk Shake and 1 carb can't be beat.

I have tried the chalky , nasty tasting, or artificially sweetened Protein powder and for me I will never use anything else other than Jay Robb. I am highly allergic to Splenda and aspartame but Stevia never gives me problems it comes from the leaf of a plant. Nu-Natural Nustevia is the only Sweetener I use. Jay Robb uses Stevia in his Protein Shakes because he says it is the healthiest option. I just want to add I hope someone online will start selling it in Europe because I have to ask my Friends in USA to send it to me.

I forgot to add Body by Vi I almost bought but it contains Splenda aka sucarose and because soy is not recommended for people with thyroid problems I stay far away from all soy products .
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate body fortress whey, it's 2 net carbs per scoop so I usually only have one. I like the taste of this one the best. I also have GNC's whey iso burst in french vanilla and raspberry swirl. 1 g of carbs per scoop but I hate the aftertaste.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I like the MRM Dutch Chocolate. It's a good combo of taste, low carb, and price that I can afford. It's currently $30 for 2 lbs (36 servings). 1 Scoop = 85 cals, 1 g fat, 18 g protein, 1.5 g carbs, .5 g fiber.

I buy it from www.iherb.com. For a first order you can use WEY767 to get $5 off. Free shipping on orders over $25 within US Check out their specials page because I got a free blender bottle with my last protein powder order!

I also like the Cytosport by Muscle Milk that you can get at Costco. It's pretty spendy though (up front cost, probably a good value if you break it down). I used to split a bag with my brother but he doesn't use it anymore. It has good flavor (chocolate)

Trader Joe's Vanilla Soy Protein Powder tastes like nasty *kitten*, FYI
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    BioChem 100% Natural Whey Isolate Protein.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    No question about that . Syntrax Nectar! Close 2nd's are 4EverFit Fruit Blast the Isolate , Nature's Best Isopure

All are Whey Protein Isolate which mixes so much better (and lower carbs) than Whey Protein Concentrate.
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like Chike. While I have definitely had other shakes that were lower in protein this actually kept me full so it was worth it to me. You can get a sample online for the cost of shipping. I do not like chocolate so I can't comment on that . I thought the orange was just ok, but I love the vanilla, banana, and strawberry.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Gladiator from Smoothie King.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    bump
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb's Whey Protein in vanilla. The chocolate flavor is also decent.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Gnc gold whey protein are pretty low in carbs. Taste great