Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your favorite Low carb Whey or Protein powder?

I recently found Raw protein powder that's 0 carbs! This is the unflavored version and though it's a bit chalky, I think I can last for tub.

Do you have any ones you love? and what is the approx cost/where do you buy it?

I used to use Body Fortress whey - but that's about 7 carbs per serving and only $15 for 24 servings at walmart. Great taste.

A friend let me try her Body by Vi shake, but I didn't like the aftertaste (or the cost!).

Just wanted to see if you all had any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    NOW organic whey protein.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Jay Robb Whey Protein Powder in many different flavors. Jay Robb has a money back guarantee it is the best tasting protein powder. I love it because he does not use aspartame, sucarose aka splenda. Jay Robb only uses Stevia. Another reason I recommend Jay Robb is because the Protein powder is organic from grass fed cows in NZ that are not injected with growth hormone shots etc.

I have read horror stories where the cheaper Protein powders contain a small amount of arsenic, and other toxins that should not be in a Protein Shake. I appreciate it when I know where the whey comes from to make sure it is organic. I think my Friend if you try Jay Robb you will agree it really does taste like a Milk Shake and 1 carb can't be beat.

I have tried the chalky , nasty tasting, or artificially sweetened Protein powder and for me I will never use anything else other than Jay Robb. I am highly allergic to Splenda and aspartame but Stevia never gives me problems it comes from the leaf of a plant. Nu-Natural Nustevia is the only Sweetener I use. Jay Robb uses Stevia in his Protein Shakes because he says it is the healthiest option. I just want to add I hope someone online will start selling it in Europe because I have to ask my Friends in USA to send it to me.

I forgot to add Body by Vi I almost bought but it contains Splenda aka sucarose and because soy is not recommended for people with thyroid problems I stay far away from all soy products .
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    I use the chocolate body fortress whey, it's 2 net carbs per scoop so I usually only have one. I like the taste of this one the best. I also have GNC's whey iso burst in french vanilla and raspberry swirl. 1 g of carbs per scoop but I hate the aftertaste.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I like the MRM Dutch Chocolate. It's a good combo of taste, low carb, and price that I can afford. It's currently $30 for 2 lbs (36 servings). 1 Scoop = 85 cals, 1 g fat, 18 g protein, 1.5 g carbs, .5 g fiber.

I buy it from www.iherb.com. For a first order you can use WEY767 to get $5 off. Free shipping on orders over $25 within US Check out their specials page because I got a free blender bottle with my last protein powder order!

I also like the Cytosport by Muscle Milk that you can get at Costco. It's pretty spendy though (up front cost, probably a good value if you break it down). I used to split a bag with my brother but he doesn't use it anymore. It has good flavor (chocolate)

Trader Joe's Vanilla Soy Protein Powder tastes like nasty *kitten*, FYI
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    BioChem 100% Natural Whey Isolate Protein.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Bump
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    No question about that . Syntrax Nectar! Close 2nd's are 4EverFit Fruit Blast the Isolate , Nature's Best Isopure

All are Whey Protein Isolate which mixes so much better (and lower carbs) than Whey Protein Concentrate.
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    I like Chike. While I have definitely had other shakes that were lower in protein this actually kept me full so it was worth it to me. You can get a sample online for the cost of shipping. I do not like chocolate so I can't comment on that . I thought the orange was just ok, but I love the vanilla, banana, and strawberry.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Gladiator from Smoothie King.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    bump
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    bump
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Jay Robb's Whey Protein in vanilla. The chocolate flavor is also decent.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Designer Whey
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Gnc gold whey protein are pretty low in carbs. Taste great