"not from online dating" date tonight!!!

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey all....been divorced this month for 2 years and seperated for a year before that, and tonight I have my first date that is not from online dating site:wink:

And, I am MORE nervous than I am with the online dates.

After my final chem exam, a group of 4 of us went to lunch and one of my friends mentioned her very nice, single guy friend. She has been in a relationship for 17 years, so I knew he was just a friend, so I asked her to set me up (was about 3 weeks after breakup), so she told me to look him up in her facebook friends, and if I was interested she would let him know. I looked at his facebook page, and told her I could be interested. She asked if it would be ok to give him my number so he could text and I gave her permission to do it. Never heard anything, though his mom had just passed add to Christmas and New Years, so I didn't expect to hear anything right away. When I got back from my cruise, I had a friend request, so I accepted, and we started emailing, moved to texting and are meeting tonight :flowerforyou:

Wish me luck :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYY good luck tonight hun :flowerforyou: :smooched: :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good luck!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    The friend of friend network is the way to go. Hope it works out well!
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Sounds so exciting! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Oooooo how exciting. I have a really good friend who met her current b/f through a friend of a friend on facebook. She's madly in love! :love:

Have fun, and 'Deets' tomorrow please :bigsmile:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yay, have fun!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Have fun!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Cool! Have fun!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I am excited for you!!!!!! Have a blast! Drink a couple shots before you go!!! lol
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Relax. Have fun! And we all want a play by play tomorrow!
  • Moe4572
    Options
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I am excited for you!!!!!! Have a blast! Drink a couple shots before you go!!! lol

If I drank a couple shots....I would collapse before going out the door--I am a total lightweight :)
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

If I drank a couple shots....I would collapse before going out the door--I am a total lightweight :)

LMAO .. ok .. half of a shot?? lol
  • Moe4572
    Options
    I will just take deep breaths before I go....
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I will just take deep breaths before I go....

Breathing is overrated.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Have fun!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Enjoy!!!! I am super duper excited for you!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Super excited for you. Hope it goes well and I'm with everyone.....details!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Moe4572
    Options
    Update on date last night.

My date was late....he got a bit lost, and could not find the restaurant we were meeting at. That was partially my fault--the place is called "The Hideaway" because it is tucked away, hidden from the main road, and I probably should have thought to tell him that. Anyway, he finally got there and he looked like his pics (yay), a bit smaller than I thought but all good, and great smile--teeth so nice, I wondered if they were fake...lol.

Anyway conversation went very well, and we had dinner-2 hours at the restaurant and then he had to get home--he is not night owl (neither am I ) and he has to get up at 4:30 am, so I did expect early evening. We walked to our cars and I got a hug and he said he had a great time, and I said I did too ....then he asked about getting back to highway. He did not say anything about getting together again. :cry:

Then when I got home, I texted him to please text me that he got home safely (was getting icy), and thanks for dinner and was nice to meet him. A short while later, He said he was safely home and was great to meet me to.

I figured may as well bit the bullet, what have I got to lose, so I told him I would be interested in seeing him again, but did realize he had a very full schedule. He said it would be tough at times, but he thought I was cool and was interested in getting to know me better....so I guess now we will see what happens :smile: