week 3

Options
ashley11284
ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone,
I'm starting week 3 of chalean extreme and i'm just switching from Weight watchers to MFP. Weight watchers was a little confusing for me. So i'm just wondering if and how everyone tracks their calories burned on strength days? Am i better off not to count those calories burned and just stick to my calorie goals for those days? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks

Replies

• daph416
    daph416 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in week two of the program and I wear a wristband HRM during my workouts and then log those calories burned under the cardio section. I also wear a Fitbit daily so when I log my calories burned during my workouts, my normal fitbit cals burned during that time frame are adjusted and replaced with my workout cals burned. I think it's important to keep up with those cals, now whether you want to count them toward extra food you get to eat is your option.
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm actually logging those sessions as "calisthentics, vigorous". Calistentics are supposed to be lunges and pushups and that kind of stuff - which is mostly what we are doing... only with weights. I sweat more with CLX than I did lifting at the gym, because we are using more muscles at once, so I thought that was fair. It seems to be about the calories that folks were posting that their Heart Rate Moniters were giving them also.
  • ashley11284
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Is everyone eating the calories they burned or no? I"ve not been losing well and just trying to figure out why.
    Thanks!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Is everyone eating the calories they burned or no? I"ve not been losing well and just trying to figure out why.
    Thanks!

MFP seems to really overestimate calorie burn for some workouts, so I rarely eat the calories burned on workouts logged here.
  • ashley11284
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing too! I usually log less time than what i acutally did.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    According to my Bodymediafit I burn 200-250. I'm 5ft 7 and weigh 148 pounds.