Calories

Options
kkauz42
kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
How many of you ladies are eating with the 500 cal deficit that MFP sets for you?

Replies

• lindseymaekeller
    Options
    I dont know that mine is 500, but I go with what MFP says. Of course, when I workout, I replace those cals because I don't want my body to go into starvation mode and turn what I do eat into fat!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've got 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat, and I try to follow my MFP calories, but also eat as clean as possible with a complex carb, protein and healthy fat at each meal. I don't know if it's helping, but I figure, it can't hurt. Her meal plan confuses me a bit. :ohwell:
  • martinbeks
    Options
    I've got 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat, and I try to follow my MFP calories, but also eat as clean as possible with a complex carb, protein and healthy fat at each meal. I don't know if it's helping, but I figure, it can't hurt. Her meal plan confuses me a bit. :ohwell:

I also eat mini meals throughout the day to boost my metabolism, so I renamed all my MFP meals: breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, afternoon tea, supper, dinner (I'm a fantasy dork. What can I say?). But at least I don't look at the one originally labeled "Snacks" and automatically think of myself as a piggy. This definitely gives me a better picture of what I do. :bigsmile:
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I try to eat all my cals back but sometimes I just CAN'T! I intake a good amount total though (not net). I am going to get some higher cal stuff this weekend (almonds, avacado etc) so that should help!
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Eating is the hard part for me. Cooking all day is the pits! I need to sit down and work out what to eat when. It works better for me to eat the same things often. I will probably make a different dinner most nights but have my breakfast and lunches all the ssme. Suppose that will be a good time to figure out protein carbs fat and calories. I ordered a bodymedia and hoping that will help.
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    When I put down what I Wanted to lose mfp told me to eat 1200 calories. I was so cranky when I ate so little, even with eating my exercise calories. I bumped it to 1400. I am still losing about a pound a week, and much more pleasant to be around.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Eating is the hard part for me. Cooking all day is the pits! I need to sit down and work out what to eat when. It works better for me to eat the same things often. I will probably make a different dinner most nights but have my breakfast and lunches all the ssme. Suppose that will be a good time to figure out protein carbs fat and calories. I ordered a bodymedia and hoping that will help.

If you have a crock pot try making meals with that! I use mine all the time! I have 2 crock pot books and got one on Amazon for like $10 and it has A LOT of recipes!!

I work swing shift at a hospital so I make 2 recipes a pay period and divide them up and freeze them!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    When I put down what I Wanted to lose mfp told me to eat 1200 calories. I was so cranky when I ate so little, even with eating my exercise calories. I bumped it to 1400. I am still losing about a pound a week, and much more pleasant to be around.

So far I haven't lost anything but I know phase one and part of phase 2 is for muscle building so I'm okay with that! Phase 3 is the fat blaster so I'm hoping I'll see some results then!
  • martinbeks
    Options

So far I haven't lost anything but I know phase one and part of phase 2 is for muscle building so I'm okay with that! Phase 3 is the fat blaster so I'm hoping I'll see some results then!

Me either, but I can definitely tell that I'm building muscle. Loving lifting heavy, though.
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I also eat mini meals throughout the day to boost my metabolism, so I renamed all my MFP meals: breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, afternoon tea, supper, dinner (I'm a fantasy dork. What can I say?). But at least I don't look at the one originally labeled "Snacks" and automatically think of myself as a piggy. This definitely gives me a better picture of what I do. :bigsmile:

I love that you renamed the meals! Something about afternoon tea seems so much more fun!
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    I try to follow the Zone ratios 40% carbs 30%protein and 30 % fat. I have my cals set for 1200 and don't eat back my exercise calories because I want to lose weight. BUT I dont count things into my calories like oil if i cook so I'm sure I'm eating more calories. I have been steadily losing and lost 5 pounds since Xmas but I'm doing cardio. It works for me and I'll keep doing it! Once I'm at a weight I'm happy with, I'll start to eat back my workout calories.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I think I'm going to not wear my HRM for a little bit. I know I'm pushing myself in the gym but sometimes I get in my own head and freak out if I"m eating too much or not enough etc. I'm going to continue to track my food though so I know how many cals I am eating. I'm going to just eat when I'm hungry and eat good foods and if I go over my cals a little it wont be too big of a deal! When I was playing ball in college (and lifting) I didn't track all the calories burned etc, I just tried to eat decent and I was in great shape. I was lean and lost a lot of fat!
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    kkauz....I feel the exact same way!! I think I tend to obsess too much over the calories. I used to run track in high school when counting calories, MFP, and eating 6 small meals a day were unheard of. I lost my baby weight, was toned, in great shape, and I didn't starve! I used to watch my carbs back then though so maybe that could have helped but who knows. Sometimes I think we focus too much on something that we tend to over do it!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    kkauz....I feel the exact same way!! I think I tend to obsess too much over the calories. I used to run track in high school when counting calories, MFP, and eating 6 small meals a day were unheard of. I lost my baby weight, was toned, in great shape, and I didn't starve! I used to watch my carbs back then though so maybe that could have helped but who knows. Sometimes I think we focus too much on something that we tend to over do it!

I couldn't agree more with you!! I am making good choices, I stray off of the "plan" with greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and almonds but those AREN'T bad choices! I'm going to keep my settings at the 500 deficit and if I go over, no big deal cause I KNOW i'm burning the calories!

This is going to sound so crazy but I felt so motivated not wearing my HRM, it was almost freeing! lol...total head game!
  • lcallbaugh
    Options
    Look at Jamie Easons small meal options. There are things like cottage cheese, protein shakes for choices. I am 5'3" and eating an average of 1800 calories per day following Easons plan. I am losing weight and inches consistantly.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I haven't been using my HRM but tracking my food and eating when I'm hungry. So far so good!