Week 3 challenge - jan 15-21

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
This week is about pushing yourself. Choose an activity - crunches, squats, pushups, walking - whatever you like.

Day 1 push yourself to your limit. Then each day, you need to do better.

Eg day one - 20 squats, day two - 25 squats etc. if your walking, walk an extra minute each day.

looking forward to seeing us push ourselves each day!

Replies

• demilade
    Options
    I'm going to do walking pushups. I hate them and find them really hard so that's my goal for the week. Today I can do 5, will try and increase by 2 each day.
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do sit ups. I always say that I want to do them but I never get around to them so that is what I chose! I will start with 1 and add 5 each day.
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is small, but I'm challenging myself to walk a full 30 minutes each day at a faster pace. Right now I average 20 minute miles, so shaving off a few minutes is my goal.
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm already on a squat challenge and today I did 85 squats.
  • demilade
    Options
    Blech I have failed this one already. I hurt my shoulder so pushups are out. I think I will change to situps. I can do them for a minute, so I aim to add 10 seconds on each day. Sore belly here I come!

Joyyfull4u excellent squats! I sure cant do that many, and i do them every day!
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee sunday so I haven't really tried this challenge But today I started sit-ups Started with 50 planning to be at 100 by the end of the challenge.
  • jwall956
    jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I might have to drop out. Waiting on results to see if I'm pregnant. So the weight loss won't be much.
  • demilade
    Options
    Onhhhh jwall let us know! I lost 10kg while pregnant :)
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I did not set myself any goal other than walking 4,000 steps a day.
    I fell a little short on Jan. 15 & 16, but made up for it the rest of this week.
    Also added a tiny bit of resistance band work.

I have to admit that I'm not pushing myself too hard, but that's part of my plan this time around. As an all or nothing type person, I tend to jump in with my all for about two days and then switch back to nothing. Not this time.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I might have to drop out. Waiting on results to see if I'm pregnant. So the weight loss won't be much.

Oh we're crossing our fingers for you! Don't drop out though, pregnant women still need to eat right and be active and healthy! And there's lots of studies that say that overweight women can safely limit weight gain (or even lose weight like Demilade) to benefit their own health and reduce pregnancy complications without harming their babies birth weights. Google Dr. Raul Artal's research in St. Louis, or Dr. Janice Henderson at Johns Hopkins, or Dr. Yvonne Thornton from New York Medical College,

It could help you avoid things like pregnancy diabetes, high blood pressure, early delivery or larger than normal babies which might necessitate a cesarean section. Talk to your doctor but don't give up! It's not a contest to lose weight, it's about being healthy!

Sending you good thoughts!