How much veggies do you tend to eat?

Options
noojim
noojim Posts: 49 Member
And what vegetables do you eat the most?

I know quite a few low carbers who hardly eat any vegetables at all. I assume it's because they spend their "allowed" carbs on other things and don't want to go over. I sometimes worry myself that I don't eat enough different types of veggies myself, too, so I'm curious to hear what others here do.

I eat some salad veggies pretty much every day (lettuce, cucumber, a tomato etc) and use onion a lot in cooking. I do try to get cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans or other green stuff into my cooking, too, but it doesn't really happen every day. And some days I do go over my carbs limit too with veggies - like today when I've had lamb stew with stuff like carrots and swede in it.

Replies

• the_lo_rider
    Options
    Broccoli. So much broccoli. I really love it though so I don't mind. Avocado. Lettuce in all forms. Coleslaw mixes, cauliflower, green beans.
  • SCD22
    SCD22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I try to eat some form of veg with each meal except for breakfast not for any particular reason though. I second the broccoli. Broccoli is super healthy and so I see it as a must at least once a week. I also eat a lot of cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, collard greens, and a variety of squashes.
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower and green beans are the mainstays. Well that and roasted kale chips..oh my! Trying to incorporate some more different things but those are the main ones.
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I IF, so my veggies are usually at dinner. Cauliflower, cuke, broccoli, kale, spinach, lettuce including arugula, peppers mainly green, jalapenos, avocado,..
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There are few veggies that I can eat - they have to be cooked to death but I'll eat broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, bean sprouts, green beans.

Today I'm having a salad for lunch. Lettuce is hit & miss. I hope I don't get sick from it.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I went 7 months with almost no vegetables and had pretty amazing blood test results. Now my girlfriend makes me eat vegetables, so I prefer broccoli/cauliflower with lots of butter or cheese, and spinach sauteed in butter or with cheese. Overall favorite is green beans 'n' bacon, though.
  • vivipr
    vivipr Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I dont like vegetables :(
    I try hard but eeekkk!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I eat a good sized salad just about every day at lunch. The salad is usually romaine lettuce, tomato, peppers, celery.

Dinners tend to rotate through green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green salad.

Breakfast I have either a tomato or a cup of spinach (cooked with my eggs)

And sauteed green beans and bacon is THE BOMB! Try doing the same thing with brussels sprouts.
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    got to add jicama to my veggie list..awesome substitute for potatoes just a little sweeter..if you can find it get it.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. I had 0.7oz of lettuce the other day. That's about it for more than a month.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I dont like vegetables :(
    I try hard but eeekkk!

You and me both. I guess that's why I'm a low-LOW carber
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I tend to cycle through veggies. Some days my diet consists entirely of them, others, not so much. I love mostly green veggies--lettuce, cabbage, greens, spinach, oh--and cauliflower and broccoli. My vice would be carrots--I LOVE them, but tend to eat too many of them :)
  • yvodavis
    yvodavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a salad at least once a day. I hated cauliflower before, but since discovering i can 'rice' it I eat it frequently. This week I've been using iceberg lettuce as a tortilla chip replacement. Broccoli, celery, spinach, and various peppers are my snacks between meals.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I usually have at least one small portion of a colorful veggie like spinach, bell pepper or asparagus. On a fajita night I do eat some mushrooms and shallots.

I stay away from most large portions. Been VLC for 14 months and two blood tests came back with flying colors! No anamia, no hormone problems and completely normal blood sugar levels and cholesterol.