January 13-19 Challenge- Intensify!

Options
Carmennorth
Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
All right, there are 7 components of this challenge this week, and I am going to incorporate the dreaded food diary for this challenge (which is really hard for me to keep up with- hopefully this will get me started again)

1. Drink 9 cups of water every day
2. Post whether you completed the challenge last week (post what your score is- I completed 3 of the 5 components, so my score was a 3)
3. Weigh yourself today and next Saturday- post your total weekly weight loss by next Saturday. If you lost weight, give yourself a point for this challenge
4. Do 60 minutes of any type of weight training
5. Do 150 minutes of any type of cardio
6. Record your eating on your MFP food diary every day
7. Post your top three guilty food pleasures on this thread........

At the end of the week, just add up how many of the 7 items you have completed! Next week we will focus on some new individual exercises... Good luck!

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Ok, I can do this...

1. Start tomorrow. Should be able to hit 9 cups per day.
    2. Did not complete last week as I was sick.
    3. Weigh tomorrow morning. Setting scale out now...
    4. What do you class as weight training?
    5. That will be easy as we stay fencing again this week!
    6. Had an up and down relationship with this in the past. Aiming to improve so challenge is welcome.
    7. Ice cream, chocolate and pizza
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Just saw this...so i'm going to start tomorrow. I should be able to do the 9 cups of water...i just need to add one more 20 oz bottle of water to my normal intake.
    2. I failed miserably last week. I definitely did 2 out of 5. I'm going to give myself the third one as i did 120-150 minutes of regular cardio workouts...and then friday did about 6 hours of slow but fairly continuous walking at the surf expo.
    3. I weigh in on Fridays...and I a 'bad' weekend. So, I'll stick with what I weighed in with last Friday...and will weigh in again this Friday. I'd like to see 1 lb gone, but don't know that it will happen since i lost 1.5 lbs this past week.
    4. Does this mean just do workouts that use weights? I know Comcast On Demand has a section for weight training 'classes', so i'll check out a couple of those...
    5. I may have to double up on some workouts to get 60 minutes of weights AND 150 minutes of cardio. Not sure i'll pull that off.
    6. No problem here. I've been logging pretty consistently.
    7. Ice cream, hot chocolate, sweets in general...i would say popcorn, but that's not all that bad calorie wise.

fingers crossed for a good week. i got off track on friday with the surf expo...so my weekend was a bit of a mess. back on the wagon today...for the most part. looking forward to working out this week!
  • Phabmama
    Phabmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm new to the group. I love this weekly challenge idea. I believe I can do the challenge for this week. The one thing I think l will have problem with is logging my food.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Ok, just weighed in at 86.8 kgs. Now off to take the dog for a walk before work.
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    2. Last weeks chalenge - I did 295 minutes of cardio; drank more than 8 glasses of water - did not complete the full 300 reps - my score if 2 out of 5.
    3. Starting weight for this week is 182
    6. Record your eating on your MFP food diary every day - I record my food almost every day, so this should be good.
    7. Post your top three guilty food pleasures on this thread........ Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate:laugh:
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Drank 14 cups of water, logged my food and did 35 mins of cardio.

A good day!
  • Phabmama
    Options
    2. I was not in the group so I didn't do Last week’s challenge
    3. Starting weight for this week is 182.7
    6. Record you’re eating on your MFP food diary every day- (this will be hard)
    7. Post your top three guilty food pleasures on this thread Chocolate, cheesecake and everything sweet.
  • 2tang
    Options
    4. 60 minutes of any type of weight training
    5. 60/150 minutes of any type of cardio - mon- zumba

Doing well on water goal and logging food.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Today: Logged food, 10 glasses of water, 60 mins cardio (Total is 95 mins this week so far) and 10 mins crunches (I'm using them for the weight training).

Another good day! Bring on tomorrow...
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Good start to the day: 25 mins swim in the ocean. I was going for 30 mins (all I could fit in before work due to traffic on first day of school) but I saw a blue bottle. I have been stung before so prefer to avoid repeat performances and quickly got out...
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Current totals:

1. 9x Water: Mon, Tue,
    2. Last week score: 0
    3. Monday weight: 86.8kgs
    4. 60 min strength: 10 mins done
    5. 150 mins cardio: 120 mins done
    6. Record food: Mon, Tue,
    7. 3 guilty treasures: choc, ice cream, pizza
  • 2tang
    Options
    Update:

4. 60\60 minutes of any type of weight training - (Tues: Kettlebell workout)
    5. 60/150 minutes of any type of cardio - (mon: zumba)

Doing well on water goal and logging food
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry I've been slacking on this Challenge. When I went on vacation for 9 days, it was nearly impossible, then got out of the habit of my routine when I got back. NOW I have just started this week with Insanity and hope to stick with it for the entire 2 months. I will try to incorporate it with your challenge, but won't start that until next week. Just trying to get it all back in is a challenge enough for me right now.

Keep up the great work you all!!!! You're doing awesome!!!!!!! I'll join you again soon!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Update:

1. Doing good with the 9 cups of water.
    4. 40 of 60 minutes of any type of weight training
    5. 110 of 150 minutes of any type of cardio
    6. Been recording each day. Had a hard time with last night's food but got most of it in there.

Still have at least 2 days to go in my week...maybe 3 if i push it til Sunday...so i think i'm doing pretty good on this challenge.

Not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning due to TWO big night out this week for birthday celebrations for a friend. Praying that my exercies today...light eating...and lots of water will help.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Current totals:

1. 9x Water: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
    5. 150 mins cardio: 235 mins done
    6. Record food: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
  • 2tang
    Options
    Update:

4. 90\60 minutes of any type of weight training - (Tues: Kettlebell workout)
    5. 120/150 minutes of any type of cardio - (mon: zumba, Thur: walk/jog)

Everyday: met water goal and logging food
  • Phabmama
    Options
    Update:

1- Doing well with drinking 9 cups of water
    2- did 40 min strength training on Sunday and 60 in on Friday
    3- 50 min cardio on Sunday, 30 on Monday, 30 on Wednesday and 30 on Friday
    4- doing well so far with logging my food.

I'm hoping to work out tomorrow for another 30 min of cardio to finish the challenge,
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Current totals:

1. 9x Water: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
    5. 150 mins cardio: 235 mins done
    6. Record food: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
  • michelle1973nc
    michelle1973nc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1. I do drink that much or more!
    2. Last weeks score: 3
    3. Sat. wt was 158.6
    4. Weighlifting done!
    5. Cardio: 255 min done
    6. Food Recorded all days!
    7. 3 guilty pleasure foods: Chocolate, Bruscetta on a bagel and strawberry shortcake.
    This is a good week. Bring it on :tongue:
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did not complete any of the challenges this week. I took this week to get adjusted to my new work and school schedule. However, I can't wait for next week's challenges!