What are your struggles?

Options
2»

Replies

• lisaf2
    lisaf2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, LinLud.. If I'm out and about during the day or kept busy with work/school, I don't eat out of boredom. But the second I get home, it's such a familiar and relaxed environment, that I snack and graze on everything in sight even if I know I'm not hungry.
    It's something that I'm currently struggling with and trying to work on, but I find that just being able to say "no" helps. Every time you're about to get something to eat, and you know that you're not even hungry, just say no and every time it will get easier. Soon you'll be eating less and less out of boredom. Also, I will always grab a big glass of water and drink it if I think I'm hungry. Usually, after I chug the water, I realize that I'm really not hungry, and I go find something else to do (instead of staring at the fridge haha). If after 30 mins - 1 hour, you still are legitimately hungry, go grab a small bite to eat before your next meal. But a healthy snack:)
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My big get struggle is my sweet tooth. I just crave sugar the whole time. I'm fine when I don't have any chocolate but as soon as I have one piece there is a real danger of my guzzling not just the whole bar but another two on top of that!

It helps to excercise but i've been slacking lately, which is why I joined this group!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    My big get struggle is my sweet tooth. I just crave sugar the whole time. I'm fine when I don't have any chocolate but as soon as I have one piece there is a real danger of my guzzling not just the whole bar but another two on top of that!

It helps to excercise but i've been slacking lately, which is why I joined this group!

if you have extra calories remaining eat one or 2 dark chocolate kisses,, 1 have 22 calories ;))
  • LinLud
    Options
    Those are all great tips. I am defiantly going to try them. Thanks for the advice. :)
  • LinLud
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, LinLud.. If I'm out and about during the day or kept busy with work/school, I don't eat out of boredom. But the second I get home, it's such a familiar and relaxed environment, that I snack and graze on everything in sight even if I know I'm not hungry.
    It's something that I'm currently struggling with and trying to work on, but I find that just being able to say "no" helps. Every time you're about to get something to eat, and you know that you're not even hungry, just say no and every time it will get easier. Soon you'll be eating less and less out of boredom. Also, I will always grab a big glass of water and drink it if I think I'm hungry. Usually, after I chug the water, I realize that I'm really not hungry, and I go find something else to do (instead of staring at the fridge haha). If after 30 mins - 1 hour, you still are legitimately hungry, go grab a small bite to eat before your next meal. But a healthy snack:)

Those are all great tips. I am defiantly going to try them. Thanks for the advice. :)
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    the boredom thing, yes Im guilty. I appreciate the tips. definitely will do the water. Tomorrows our start, good luck everybody!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options

if you have extra calories remaining eat one or 2 dark chocolate kisses,, 1 have 22 calories ;))

Thanks for the tip :smile: I live in London so those kisses are hard to come by! However we do have equivalents - must do some chocolate research!
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult not to eat too much when I get extra calories for exercise. I find mfp is too generous for them and tend to not log exercise because of it.

Also, if I've nothing to do I find myself grazing and snacking... in fairness, that's not very often what with having 4 kids, but evenings are a killer :/
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is definitely eating out of boredom. Also I crave salty foods a lot.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    After dinner snackingis my weakness! By like 7:30pm I want something "Bad" for me..lol..Ive curbed it with a cup of fat free hot chocolate ....I figure thats better than raiding the ice cream or cookie's (:
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    Options
    Staying motivated, exercising and staying away from junk food
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My big struggle is portion control. I have attempted to measure and weigh my portions, but it becomes a struggle. I don't eat late at night much anymore, and if I do, it is usually homebaked tortillia chips with salsa or greek yogurt. I also have a problem staying motivated through the weekends. I am usually able to get through the week and workout everyday, but once the weekend rolls around, I have issues staying on track.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The weekends when DH is off. He wants to eat out all the time. Some weekends we will be running around so much we eat out all 3 meals both days.
  • diagyrl
    diagyrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip :smile: I live in London so those kisses are hard to come by! However we do have equivalents - must do some chocolate research!

Oh your chocolate is SOOOOO much better!!!!!! Used to live there long ago
    the home to my fav candies in the world --- Fruit Pastilles!! (Smarties coming in a close second!)

I love breads - regular & sweet - sweets of all kinds --- food of all kinds .... my biggest hurdles are portion control & just controlling what I eat. I feel hungry all the time. But I am at the beginning of my journey so it WILL get better!!!!! :)

Rooting for us all on this difficult journey
    having quit smoking in the past & now losing weight ---- this is WAYYYYYY harder! LOL
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i cant see me being able to acheive this :) iv got a majorly sore shin! i really want to continue my exercise regime but i dont want to make it worse, but ill do as much cycling as i can since thats not as hard on my shin.

hope everyone is still enjoying themselves and lets see how we all do in the end :)
  • Exodus109
    Exodus109 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Drink more water!!! If you are not hydrated, your body will fight dropping the excess fat. Just give it a try for a week. :)
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    1) Eating out of boredom and not hunger.
    2) Snacking late at night after dinner.
    3) If I mildly mess up, then I'll say "screw it" and eat badly the rest of the day.
    4) Consistency.
    5) If my routine gets interrupted (work late, stress, no time to meal plan/grocery shop), then I'm all out of whack and end up eating out.