Hi My name is Katie

Options
I am brand new to the group. I am a christan lady who is eating healthy . when I began last year I weighed 220 pounds. I am now to 188 pounds. 58 away from my goal weight. would love to be friends with you ladies

Replies

• kgoss1011
    Options
    Hi Katie! I am Karen. I just joined this group today as well. I'm trying to meet people on here so I have some encouragement. God is a huge part of my life and I realize that I can not do this alone. With God all things are possible. So here is to eating healthy and losing weight.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm Jillian!

I am so excited to have found this group! I've been on MFP for almost two months, joined originally over a year ago but successfully logging and stuff just recently.

I have lost 6 pounds and 5.5 inches. I don't know if I have lost more as I haven't weighed for a while. Hoping to eventually get to my goal weight but I am focusing on fitness and eating right instead of obsessing over the scale.

And of course, God is newly big in my life so finding this group is very encouraging.
  • phyllis26
    Options
    Hi Katie,

My name is Phyllis, I am brand new to the group also. This is an excellent weigh lost! I would love to be friends with you also. You are walking in the word, you can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengh you. Be bless in Christ!
  • bfresh8
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies,

My name is Benitta and I just joined the group. I have had an account for a long time and even did a little bit with it but became discouraged and quit. I am hoping to drop about 50lbs. Looking forward sharing the word and encouraging each of you.
  • kwentz1960
    Options
    Hi! I am Kim. I have been logged on for a little over a week. I have lost 3 pounds. WOOHOO!! Happy to start this process of getting this weight off. Where are you all from?
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It is nice to meet all you . I will be adding all of you to my friends.
  • kgoss1011
    Options
    I don't know if anyone on here has an iphone but you can download the youversion bible app on your phone for free. There is a daily devotional called Made to Crave 21 day challenge. It is really worth checking out. It takes the Bible and Food and puts it together. Day 1 is called chocolate is my Comfort and Deliverer. ....God made you wonderful. Psalm 139 If anyone cant get this let me know and I will post them on here for you. Have a great night!
  • GelflingMeg
    GelflingMeg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Megan! I'm so glad to find this group. After my success so far I'm glad that God helped me find more ladies like me to support and be supported by! I've logged on for over 200 days in a row and have lost a good deal. I wish all of you good luck too!
  • locoducky
    locoducky Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone on here has an iphone but you can download the youversion bible app on your phone for free. There is a daily devotional called Made to Crave 21 day challenge. It is really worth checking out. It takes the Bible and Food and puts it together. Day 1 is called chocolate is my Comfort and Deliverer. ....God made you wonderful. Psalm 139 If anyone cant get this let me know and I will post them on here for you. Have a great night!

You can also get vouversion Bible app for android too. I love the app and thank you so much for the reading plan idea! I have been trying to find a reading plan since recently finishing my last one and I think I will check this one out!
  • fitlady21
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Tina. i'm new to the group also and i need some heavy encouragement. i would like to be friends on MFP with u ladies. I've been using this app for about a year now but i have been inactive for months. i need to get back on track!! :)
  • locoducky
    locoducky Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I don't know if I introduced myself or not. I'm Crystal, I'm an RN living in Kansas with 2 kids, a hubby, and 2 cats (sadly, no dogs anymore). I love that there is this group for encouragement! Feel free to add me as a friend and I will do my best to encourage you back!
  • rccmommy3
    Options
    Hi Katie. I'm new as well. I'm hoping to loose around 85lbs or so. Hopefully we can all keep each other encouraged to stay on track.
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I am new to this group and am trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle my kids are all on board especially my son. We just found out be is battling high cholesterol and it overweight but he is excited to start being healthy. I would ask for prayer for my husband though he is severely overweight and is bot on board with us . I worry about him I tell him that it's not about attraction because I still find him attractive but I worry about him dying thanks for your prayers .
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie and others, I choose not to put my real name because it seems anyone can pop in here and look and I'm just kind of private that way. I may not be the most religious or churchy person, but I do think with God all things are possible and it is a big part of my life and my everyday thought processes (my faith) so I thought I'd join this group in the effort of getting some sort of encouragement from people who also have that as their cornerstone. Hope it goes well and I will try my best not to be too brash or harsh here.