Daily (or Weekly) Check In

Options

Replies

• tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Checking In! Yesterday was a rough day. :grumble: It was yucky out and all I wanted was anything bad for me...but the most I gave in was at dinner I had a balsalmic vinegar glazed chicken breast (and that's only because it was organic farm raised-yum), some couscous, and steamed broccoli with a slice of cheese! Then I made some "ice cream" for dessert when my sweet tooth wouldn't go away, which was 4oz unsweetened coconut milk, one frozen banana, 4-5 frozen cherries and splash of vanilla extract...it was delish! :love: I think I may have that as an after gym snack w/ some raw cashews! Tonight no meat, but a big salad, leftover couscous, and fresh steamed asparagus.
    I got my walk in on my lunch and will be going to the gym tonight to ride the bike and do few reps on the weight machines. :tongue:

Hope everyone else has a great day!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Deb...

I joined the New Year, New You challenge on www.Skinnyo.com. I am near goal weight, and the challenge is til Mar 31. My goal is WHEN I get to goal weight that I stay there. I have sabotaged my weight for the last year...and NO LONGER. This is 2013...and REALLY a new beginning...Thanks for the Forum. :drinker: :heart:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Welcome Deb!

Today was NOT a good day for me in terms of food. Tried cooking quinoa for the 2nd time but I just DO NOT like the taste (and yes I rinsed it over and over again). Didn't have a backup plan so had to hurriedly put something together and I ended up eating way more carbs than I'm comfortable with.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Today has gone much better for me. I think that increasing my caloric intake has helped. I haven't been tired all day (until now, which is fine...bedtime is just a few hours away!), I got a bunch of stuff accomplished, and I think I can look forward to a good, hard workout tomorrow. Probably burned a few calories today playing with my boyfriend's 9-month-old niece.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Crappy day :grumble:
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started off so strong the first week. For some reason, I can not get my act together this week yet :/ I know I have some loss to show as far as the scale goes, but I have been snacking at night again. I'm hoping this is simply because TOM is due this coming week. I'm not letting myself make any more excuses. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have not checked in since this challenge started:blushing: last week was good in regards to getting all my workouts in, but something felt blah. so last thursday when i went o the gym I decided to do strength instead of cardio (usually do some weights at home couple times a week) and dang do I still feel awesome about that workout. so now i get my strength on in the morning, 6-7 am, uhhh.. but it will be worth it (hoping, keeping fingers crossed) and cardio with runs in the evening w/my doggy :) im trying for 3x a week but so far have only managed 2. Hope everyone else is doing/feeling fantastic :wink:

Vision without action is daydream. Action without vision is nightmare.
    - Japanese proverb
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I thought the challenge started on the 1st.. so I'm approaching the end of week 3 right now. I've lost 4.6 lbs so far, but I have been slacking on my workouts this last week. Going back to school has been hectic! I am going to resume tomorrow. I was working on a 30 Day Dumbbell challenge, but at this point I'm debating if I should just start over. I've decided to not look at workouts as a way to be able to eat more, so I've retired my HRM. I am eating at a steady 1400/day and trying to find some type of workout I actually enjoy.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This has been a tough week. I have been eating real well and exercising a bunch and gaining weight so far this week. It makes me feel like someone is screaming at me that 2+2=9. It seems to maybe be a result of me being addicted to the scale. Time to do something about that and commit to weekly weigh ins only. Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Tough week for me as well! Staying on track food wise, although I have been having 1 sugar free chocolate pudding before bed each night (trying to stick to paleo, so this is a no, no) Also, I have been in beast mode all week, doing 30 Day Shred 5 days this week, one brisk walk and one rest day. I have seriously upped my exercise, which brings me to my issue.... THE SCALE IS NOT MOVING... now people can blast me about weighing daily, but I need to so I can keep focused. But the same number flashes up at me every morning... no gain, no loss..... This is super frustrating, although I know I have lost inches I really want to see some movement on the scale.... Maybe next week.... any advice anyone can offer is appreciated!

And just a little FYI, I eat back my workout cals, and have upped my cals this week a bit (still within range) meaning, I was eating 1200-1400 and now I am eating 1400-1700 with my mfp set at 1790 based on my TDEE
  • BlestLiz
    Options
    I feel really different this time with this challenge. I can't explain it. I'm getting my workouts in, logging food, I went 12 days without a soda, and then I had about 10 oz. Usually after the first "break" I'm done & cheating completely. My workouts are a mixing up chalene extreme & turbo. When I first got CLX I thought it was lame b/c I'm used to intense workouts and sweating profusely. Well, I didn't have heavy enough weights. I've adjusted my thinking that lifting is supposed to be slower that cardio (duh) and I'm really enjoying the workouts.

One meal, workout & day at a time!

I joined the Eat More Weigh Less challenge too, I don't know about you guys but I feel an instant choke-hold when I'm told I have to eat 1200.

Have a good one friends!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    For all those persons not doing so well or not getting the results you wanted, don't give up, hang in there, we're all in this together. Remember there will be downs, but when an up comes, it usually feels so good you hardly remember the downs.

AFM, today was my best day this week. Under my calorie goal, over my protein, under my carbs and over my sugar by just 3g. SUPER day. Wish I had more like it.
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today was not a good calorie day, no exercise and lots of high calorie foods makes for a rough day. But I got things done that needed to get done for our upcoming trip. And the eating well I gave in to temptation and cravings. I have been doing pretty good with what i eat, and the last two weeks I have been gaining, I got frustrated this week after seeing the scale rising again so I gave in today. If I am going to be gaining weight I will enjoy the food I am eating :-) I know not the right thinking to have, but I was frustrated, back at it tomorrow, going to try to get to the gym for the cycling class (I have never done this class) not sure that I will get in, it's a new day and time, and it's usually packed during the week, so we will see if I even get a spot. But I am proud that I am even planning on going to the gym on a saturday, usually I would shoot the idea down before it even becomes a serous thought. I guess we will see Sunday when I do my weigh in's where I really am, and will know if I made it to the gym tomorrow or not :-)
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    This week was ok. Still not sure how many calories I should be eating to build muscle. Nervous about tomorrow's weigh in.
  • Mmr2522
    Options
    unfortunately, I haven't even started the challenge that I was once so excited for. I got really sick and just didn't feel like doing anything. Hopefully next will get me back on track.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Went out for lunch today for the first time since restarting the diet. I did my homework ahead of time and was able to pick a meal that fit within my plan and goals. It made everything so much easier, and I could enjoy the time with my family instead of stressing out about food. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that one.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @mmr - :flowerforyou: Sorry u weren't feeling well. I hope next week will be better.

@tall_girl - That's awesome. I think if we planned our meals (both the ones we cook and the ones we eat out) ahead of time to make sure they fit within our macros, etc. we would make less of the bad choices.
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I feel really different this time with this challenge. I can't explain it. I'm getting my workouts in, logging food, I went 12 days without a soda, and then I had about 10 oz. Usually after the first "break" I'm done & cheating completely. My workouts are a mixing up chalene extreme & turbo. When I first got CLX I thought it was lame b/c I'm used to intense workouts and sweating profusely. Well, I didn't have heavy enough weights. I've adjusted my thinking that lifting is supposed to be slower that cardio (duh) and I'm really enjoying the workouts.

One meal, workout & day at a time!

I joined the Eat More Weigh Less challenge too, I don't know about you guys but I feel an instant choke-hold when I'm told I have to eat 1200.

Have a good one friends!

I'm also doing a CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid. I'm getting ready to start my thrid week. I love CHalean Jphnson. SHe is so perky and fun. I have been lifting heavy and you're right it really is a workout. I do sweat profusely when doing CLX. Soda is also one of my downfalls too. I haven't had one all week and I"m hoping to keep that up, but I swear it's like crack. You're doing well and then BAM you have a relapse. I'm really struggling with that one.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow I just looked at this wee's numbers on the spreadsheet and you guys are seriously rocking this challenge! I'm coming up on TOM this week, so I was feeling a bit frustrated with the numbers I've been seeing. however, I took a step back, reanalyzed, and I know that next week my numbers will be looking better after this week is over. Darn being a girl! haha

I would like to say that I'm very proud of myself for keeping my eating in check on my school days. I have always struggled with that, since I'm in the car for 4 hours! (2 hour drive down to the college and back) So I AM seeing progress in my way of thinking, which is beautiful :)
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Been SO busy guys, just can't find the time to check in as often. Last week I ate out every day and it showed :(. Finally went grocery shopping so this week should be better <fingers crossed>.