Survey-ish Question for Keto-ers

Options
kiramaniac
kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
So I'm curious on what my fellow Keto-ers are doing. It's interesting when I see diaries with really high calories - or really low - and I wonder how well that works. Or see lower macros, and wonder how well that's working -- that type of thing. This is probably better suited to a survey, but I'd be interested in a few responses.

What is your macro target? Do you usually hit?
What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit?
How much do you exercise? None, Light, Moderate, Heavy?
How long have you been doing keto?
What is your SW - CW?
What is your age?
What is your weekly rate of loss?

Age and Weight I'm asking because when you're younger or very heavy you tend to have more rapid weight loss. And for Heavier, you should have higher calorie targets too. If you're not comfortable answering anything, just ignore the question (or the whole thing!)

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    For me:

What is your macro target? 75-20-5 Do you usually hit? Yes. I use the app, so net carbs aren't removed. 73-20-8 is more typ when considering pure carbs vs net carbs.

What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit? 1450. I'm usually below a few hundred for the week.

How much do you exercise? None, Light, Moderate, Heavy? Light (Usually 1-2 days per week. Trying to increase).

How long have you been doing keto? September 9 2012

What is your SW - CW? SW: 231.5 CW: 201.5

What is your age? 40

What is your weekly rate of loss? Total: 1.6 lbs / week. Most recent 8 weeks: 1.4 lbs / wk. Most recent 4 weeks: 1.23 lbs / wk
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Macro targets: 5% carb, 35% protein, 60 % fat, but often I'm at 2% carb and 70% fat.

Calorie target: Under 1250. It's rare to go over.

Exercise: 3 - 7 days/week for 30-45 minutes, though not really REALLY strenuous like fit & healthy people can do.

How long: This time 56 days, but I lived on low-carb (not keto level) for 30 years until "life happened" about 14 years ago.

SW 256. CW 228 GW: 138

Age 62

Weekly rate - about 3.5 pounds. One week was zero, but the start week was great.
  • Pschmitt1
    Pschmitt1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is your macro target? 75-20-5

Do you usually hit? Mostly, usually between 70-75% Fat, and since net carbs are not summarized 5-8% carbs. Protein varies from 18-22%

What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit? 1800 daily, plus extra for work outs. Usually hit target and when working out more than 2x per week usually under for the week. (BMR of about 2069)

How much do you exercise? Moderate. Cross fit 2-3 per week, working up to 3-4.

How long have you been doing keto? September 2012

What is your SW - CW? SW: 266.5 CW: 232.6 GW: 180ish

What is your age? 43

What is your weekly rate of loss? ~1.5 lbs but varies week to week.
  • nikket3000
    nikket3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    70/20/10 are my current macros.I am normally close to that, but my protein is ALWAYS low. I used to be a vegetarian so keto is tricky at times when I decide to hate on meat. I try to get in Greek Yogurt and Hemp seeds to help with that, but when I suppliment with Protein shakes like isopure, my weightloss stalls. The more fat I eat and the less of everything else, the better I am.

1100-1200. Some days I have around 700 calories in food, others 1500. I only eat when I am hungry so I will have a stretch of two days really low then a day of high cal. I never starve myself though...this is just what kind of naturally happens on Keto.

I make myself get on the treadmill 3x a week. Hulahoop at least 10 mins 3x a week with a 3lb sport hoop and at least 2x a week for strenght excercise. Usually on my total gym, or just some floor stuff, planking, pushups, leg lifts and squats.
    I work a desk job though and am also in school so I spend the majority of my day sitting. Its hard to find time to be active.

This is my second go since May of 2012
    stopped in like October and started again Jan 1st 2013

What is your SW - CW?
    Start weight was like 175, YUCK... Current weight is 163, My goal is 145. I was that weight in High School and looked really thin. I don't think I would want to lose more than that.

What is your age?

well this week I lost about 3lbs. So 2-3 a week, sometimes less...more like 1.5 lbs on average.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    65:30:5 and I'm usually ridiculously high on protein, It's so tough for me to get more fat in.

2000, though I end up going over a lot.

Moderate two or three times a week. Twenty minutes to an hour and a half on the treadmill or elliptical after I lift weights. Not a marathon or anything.

Since August 2011.

222.2, was down to 163.2 until thanksgiving, and I got back up to 182. Back down to 176 for now.

About a pound a week for the first 50, nothing much after that.
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    What is your macro target? Do you usually hit? 5% carbs, 20% protein, and 75% fat. I usually hit those targets.

What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit? 2500 calories and I usually hit.

How much do you exercise? None, Light, Moderate, Heavy? Moderate, 3-4 times a week weight lifting and playing racquetball.

How long have you been doing keto? Since Thanksgiving. Prior to that, I was probably doing more of a low-carb, high-protein approach, which worked out fine as long as I was hitting the gym 5-6 times a week, but as I didn't go to the gym as much, I slowly put on weight despite being low in carb. Then I went LCHF to re-lose and re-maintain the weight, which has been a big difference in my opinion.

What is your SW - CW? 350+ (2 years ago); now I'm like 210.

What is your age? 29

What is your weekly rate of loss? I usually only fluctuate 3-4 pounds in either direction, but I'm more in a maintenance/physique-molding mode than a weight loss mode.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    What is your macro target? Do you usually hit? 60%fat35% protein5% carb rarely hit its usually 15 from carb
    What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit? Just to eat under maintenance usually around 1500 sometimes lower rarely more
    How much do you exercise? None, Light, Moderate, Heavy? 1 heavy lifting strength 2 hiit style sessions and a few 5k runs a week
    How long have you been doing since August
    What is your SW - CW? Sw 249.9lbs sw for keto 218lbs cw 183lbs goal 174lbs
    What is your age? 32
    What is your weekly rate of loss? Varies some weeks 6lbs some 0.5lbs not rhyme nor reason to it either
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What is your macro target? Do you usually hit? 60/35/5. Surprisingly I usually hit daily.
    What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit? Recently went from 1200-1500 & have been experiencing nice drops
    How much do you exercise? None, Light, Moderate, Heavy? Light, 1-2 per week. Must improve!
    How long have you been doing since November 2012
    What is your SW - CW? SW 232, CW 213, GW 145
    What is your age? 40
    What is your weekly rate of loss? Definitely varies, but am averaging 2.3. Thanks for asking this, it made me calculate this number & I'm pretty happy with it!
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options

- 5% carbs, 25g protein, 75g fat at the moment. I think of the fat limit as a bit of a minimum, really, so go over quite often. As to protein I just aim to that general amount, don't care if it's a bit less or more. I'd like to say I stay in my carb limit, but it does go over quite often, too. Not too worried as long as it's not over by loads.

- 1300 Kcal at the moment. It's a bit lower than MFP suggests for me, and I eat my exercise extras and don't worry if it's a bit over; as long as it's not over all the time.

- This varies a lot by how my various ailments are doing. Usually 45ish minutes of walking at least 4 times a week would be a minimum for me; so quite light, I guess.

- On and off since 2003 or 2004, I guess. With long gaps in between, though. Sometimes generally low carbs, sometimes aiming to keto on purpose.

What is your SW - CW?

- Don't know what to put for SW as my weight's been so up and down always. In the past 12 months my weight's gone from 220ish to 170ish.

What is your age?

- Um, on average a bit less than a pound a week then, I suppose. I haven't really thought of that.
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    What is your macro target? 60/35/5 Do you usually hit? pretty close, protein is an issue some days
    What is your calorie target (if any)? Do you usually hit? 1700 almost always under..unless chicken wings are involved
    How much do you exercise? None, Light, Moderate, Heavy? 7 months on keto and was little exercise..new year started cardio 3-4 times a week 1 hour a day
    How long have you been doing keto? 7 months
    What is your SW - CW? 367 sw and cw 239 (40 lost on non keto low cal hate life diet)
    What is your age? 42
    What is your weekly rate of loss? was about 2-4 lbs a week, has slowed to 1-2
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Male, age 45 here
    Height 5'8"
    SW: 218 lbs
    CW: 195 lbs
    GW: 178 lbs (20%, basically)
    UGW: 170 lbs

F/P/C = 60/30/10 .... I usually end up about 55/35/10. I was more like 50/40/10 until I started adding in coconut oil, very helpful. I like the taste for cooking.

My BMR is 2200, I have my cal goal set at 1440. If I run (every weekday normally) my cal goal with exercise is about 1750. I find that I am very full if I am hitting my macros and eating more than 1500 cals. I ended last week about 500 cals under weekly goal. I really don't worry too much about staying under, but I end up naturally doing that when I'm eating low carb.

I guess it's moderate. I run 5 days a week, normally a 2 mile run on MWF and a 1 to 1.5 mile run on TTh. The short run is for speed.

Didn't know what "keto" was until recently. I have been low carb (using Gary Taubes) since June, 2012.
    What is your SW - CW?

I started at 218. I was probably over 220 in April-May time frame, but had lost a bit just by cutting back cals and alcohol. Didn't weight myself until I decided to "go for it". Currently I'm 195. I hit 194 on Nov 20, then went overboard over the holidays, gained 5 lbs :-(. Now I'm back on track and back in ketosis.

When I'm really on, I can lose 3 lbs in a week easily. My average is normally 1 lb per week. But I didn't really understand what I was doing last summer. Now that I seem to have my body figured out I am getting much better results.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    What is your macro target? 75-20-5
    Do you usually hit? Yes.

What is your calorie target (if any)? 1500 - 2000 a day
    Do you usually hit? yes

How much do you exercise? In the past 4 weeks I have upped my resistance training to every day for 30 minutes from three times a week.. I am a certified personal trainer and pretty active during the day, though I don't hit my heart rate zone unless I am working out myself.

every day since October 2011 I have been between 12g and 70 g carbohydrates a day. I usually am at 50g, and every 4th month I make sure to raise it to 100g/day then back it down again.

What is your SW - CW?
    Oct. 2011 starting weight I think was 120 maybe more, My current weight is 117
    my starting Body Fat percentage was 20%. currently it is 12%

What is your age? 40

I have successfully dropped over 5% body fat in one year and hope to continue that trend. I don't focus on weight at all, as I got down to 112 pretty easily 6 months ago, but have been putting on muscle since, and leaning out. Still smaller now than what I was 14 months ago.

I do not drink and I do not cut calories at all. Changing my macros is what reshaped my body, and exercise helped burn the fat off. I know what I'm doing! It's so awesome to focus on fitness and not diet.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    P/F/C - 27/65/8
    Yes i am spot on on most days

i eat at my BMR 1850 calories.Yes.

Light exercise such as walking,cycling.If i am doing high intensity cardio,i make sure i keep it under 30 mins

2 weeks till now oops!

What is your SW - CW?
    301 lbs - 234 lbs

What is your age?

6.5 lbs uptill now(WAter weight mostly)
  • KrD265
    KrD265 Posts: 22
    Options
    Macro Target (F-P-C) - 60/35/5. I rarely hit the total macros. My protein is usually always short and my carb is typically on lock.

Calorie Target - 2,000, I try to change this every couple of weeks. I rarely meet my cal goal. I've gone over only a couple of times.

I exercise at least 5 times a week. My work outs consists of running and doing the elliptical. I try to run 9-15miles a week. I usually do the elliptical 2-3 times a week, at a pretty moderate pace.

I started Keto on November 12, 2012.

My SW (288), CW (254) and I have a GW of 200. I'm thinking about dropping that to below 200. But at 200, I feel really good about myself.

I am 29, as of today (1/22)

My weekly rate loss is avg. between 3-4lbs week. I've had one week with a gain.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I am 29, as of today (1/22)
    Happy Birthday!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    F/P/C 50/35/15 I'm usually close
    1200 without exercise, I'm always under

Moderate to heavy, lots of cardio and Supreme 90 Day program

Its a year in February

What is your SW - CW?
    SW 260 lbs, CW 147, GW 139

What is your age?

It used to be an average of about 2lbs per week, but has slowed as I get closer to goal. Also the addition of strength training has changed this.