Just starting EM2WL

Options
Hello, I am wanting to try this to see how my body will react. I understand that it can take several week for me to see any weight come off. After having a net calorie number in the negative last week and feeling exhausted on Friday and Saturday, I thought I needed to up my numbers. I calculated the following using Scooby:
BM-1632
TDEE-2529
20% reduction-2023

I have read some of the tabs about EM2WL but I am still a bit confused. I have my MFP set to the 20% reduction (I hope this is correct). I am 33, 5'1.5", 195.5lb, and I have been doing Zumba 2-3 nights a week(burning around 675-730 calories each time). I also walk and plan to add in some strength training. I set my exercise to moderate activity. Do I eat my exercise calories back or not? The calorie number just seems so high and I have had a hard time eating above 1200 calories for the past two weeks so I am worried that I can't eat that much. When I am more careful about what I eat, I eat less calorie wise.

Any help is greatly appreciated. My goal weight is 130lbs or below. (I will re-evaluate that number once I reach 130). I want to loose this weight once and for all!

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You should eat 2023 everyday. That calorie goal already includes your exercise at moderate level.
  • cmreynolds98
    cmreynolds98 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! 2023 just seems so high to me.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Thanks! 2023 just seems so high to me.

Then do it in phases.....200 calorie increase per week until you reach your TDEE cut.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say the same thing, slowly build up. Back in my weight watchers days I had negative days....OMG now do I know better!!!

Heaps of support around here from everyone who has been and still travelling through this journey.

Trust me once you are eating 2000 you will wonder how you ever survived before...I know I do. Your metabolism starts to kick in and the "hunger beast" wakes up and away you go and NEVER look back!!!!

Nice to see another tall person around here...lol

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im one week on this,I thought we would have to set it at 15%?..confused
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Im one week on this,I thought we would have to set it at 15%?..confused

You could safely set it to 20% right now. Between 40 lbs left to lose and goal weight, drop the % from 20 down to 10% when within 5 lbs.
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    oh okay thank you