New to MFP and looking for some fellow Pole Peeps :)

Options
Ok - so as pole dancers you guys all know the score...it is hard work, we get super strong and go throw crazy pole burns and pole kisses (what I call my pole bruises) every time we train!

I'm at the point where my skills are looking good but I really want to slim down - all the shoulder mounts and iguanas and such have given me the muscle tone and strength but they are hidden by the dreaded layer of fat - grrr...

Anyway - like I said, I'd love to make some pole friends through this too and was excited to see that there was a groupd full of members already :D

Feel free to add me, or message me,

Nicola x

Replies

• lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! :)

How long have you been poling for? Seems you have the same issue as me, have the muscle, it's just hidden behind all this pesky fat! :grumble:

Anyway, feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My abs are hiding during the winter :)
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I love seeing more people joining this group. Pole fitness has really bloomed in the last 6 months.

I also feel like i am building up good muscle but not seeing my body change as much as i would like as i need to lose some fat aswell. Are people doing cardio aswell as pole or just to rely on pole dancing to lose weight?

I hate the gym and find it so boring but everytime i know i have a class im excited for the whole day and cant wait to go!

Any one has any tips or motivation that they would like to share i would love to hear them.

Starting trampolining soon so hopefully that will be fun :happy:

x
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just tend to use my warm ups and stretches as a way of getting cardio in before I jump onto the pole! :smile:

It probably would help to do more cardio in order to get rid of the fat, but like you I find it so boring! :grumble:
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!

Another vote for "I hate cardio" here!! I class dogwalking as light cardio, so this is about 1 - 2 hrs/ day. Apart from that, warm ups, and routine work is my only real cardio!

Pretty proud of my abs (though they're still not up to pre-xmas awesomeness!) - I have more muscle than most of the others in my pole class, purely because I spend a lot of time working on Hoop and Silks - there is so much more lifting and holding involved it builds muscle quicker than pole - and we're seeing a lot of crossover from pole chaps and chappettes wanting to learn Hoop conditioning to build strength. There is a downside though - my leg strength has suffered somewhat, so I'm working on condidioning this more.

For pure pole people, why not do more conditioning sessions, rather than lessons? I've got a pretty good list of conditioning workouts for pole/ hoop/ floor if anyone would be intersted that I can post up here? I usually do 1 - 2 Conditioning sessions a week, then 1 session of stretch, to my 2 or 3 classes. Any more and I cannot lift, any less and I spend time sat on my bum eating cake ;)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    For pure pole people, why not do more conditioning sessions, rather than lessons? I've got a pretty good list of conditioning workouts for pole/ hoop/ floor if anyone would be intersted that I can post up here? I usually do 1 - 2 Conditioning sessions a week, then 1 session of stretch, to my 2 or 3 classes. Any more and I cannot lift, any less and I spend time sat on my bum eating cake ;)

I am interested in the conditioning workouts for pole, pretty please!!
  • scittle13
    Options
    Hi I'm starting pole soon and very excited about it :D as far as cardio goes have any of you tried Zumba? If your crap at dancing (like me) try the wii Zumba it's awesome! You do definitely need cardio to lose the fat :) anyways please add me coz I don't have a whole heap in common with my current friends :(