Team Bob- Week 3 Challenge

Options
6mimi
6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
Are you excited team? I am! I love how you are all doing so awesome participating in our challenges. It is such an inspiration and makes this all so much more fun!:bigsmile:

This week we have 3 parts to our challenge:

* :heart: Making a vision board--- We are going to get creative and make a vision board to inspire ourselves. You can use any form you want... a poster board, your fridge, a big frame.. whatever... and then spend this week thinking about what you really want to get out of becoming healthier and why you are doing all of this hard work. Put images or items on your board to remind yourself of these goals. For example, I know I am going to do a color run with my son in August so one of my things will be a picture of someone covered with paint doing the color run. I'll also have a picture of my children to remind myself that I want to live a long healthy life and to be a good example to them. You get the picture! Let's be creative. Tell us all about your board as you are making it and if you know how to, even show us a picture of it!

*:heart: For food-- We are keeping it simple this week and focusing on our calories and staying within our calorie goal. Try to eat as healthy as you are able, but for this week we are just focusing on the calories. Please remember to not eat at too low of calories. I want you all to get rid of the weight and never find it again. Our bodies need calories and healthy food for fuel. Keep us posted on the board of how your calories are doing this week.

*:heart: For exercise.... We have a 7 day ab challenge!-- I found this awesome website for our challenge. Please go to: www.skinnyms.com/7-day-ab-challange/ . It will tell you exactly what to do each day for the challenge. It even has great demonstration videos by non other than Bob Harper to make sure we are using proper form. Check out the rest of that website too while you are there. It is pretty cool. There are healthy recipes, healthy items in the shop area that you can purchase and even playlist ideas. Log on here daily to let us all know how your ab challenge is going. If there is any exercise you are unable to do for physical reasons, just find another more suitable move for your body.

Woo Hoo Team Bob! I am pumped!:happy: I hope you are too!!! Let's make this week fantastic. Each day we are one step closer to our goal!!! We got this!!!

Replies

• arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is just me but I am having trouble with this website and I am unable to view the videos. Anyone else having trouble?
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is just me but I am having trouble with this website and I am unable to view the videos. Anyone else having trouble?

Try this link instead. http://skinnyms.com/summer-abs-challenge/

I went to page and searched ab challenge.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I just wanted you all to know that I just completed day one of the ab challenge. It was great and took less than 10 minutes. I had to modify a few of the moves as my abs are not that strong yet. On the first video I kept my feet on the floor the entire time and on the set ups I actually did crunches instead. Good luck everyone! I know you can do this!!
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Great challenges.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Thanks Chicagoposh! I hope everyone has fun with them! I am working on my vision board today as I daydream about tonight's Spinning class and the pain it will bring!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Try this link instead. http://skinnyms.com/summer-abs-challenge/

I went to page and searched ab challenge.

That is a different challenge. The link you sent is a 5 day challenge. I found it http://skinnyms.com/7-day-ab-challenge/
    Still having trouble with the videos though. Probably just my computer.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I'm sorry arains89. I must have linked the wrong thing. Yes, it should be the 7 day ab challenge. I think the website was having trouble earlier today. When I checked this afternoon it was working fine. I hope you are able to get on it ok. Let me know if I can help at all!
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my vision board, I have God first then my family and friends. A few goals are to run/walk a 5k ,trip to Alaska and to get healthy so I will be a healthy Grandma when the time comes.:wink::laugh:

I also logged my calories and stayed under, but I also ate well.

I also did 100 sit-ups [Bob's] with some small changes because of my injury. but I did them.
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do my visionboard on Pinterest. I will send the link when done.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I'm working on my vision board, I have God first then my family and friends. A few goals are to run/walk a 5k ,trip to Alaska and to get healthy so I will be a healthy Grandma when the time comes.:wink::laugh:

I also logged my calories and stayed under, but I also ate well.

I also did 100 sit-ups [Bob's] with some small changes because of my injury. but I did them.

Wow Carrie... Perfect job! I love all the thought you have put into your vision board. I know you are going to be a wonderful grandma some day (soon?).:wink:

Your diary today looked great. Dinner sounded so tasty!

Also, great job on your abs!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I am planning to do my visionboard on Pinterest. I will send the link when done.

That is a fantastic idea!! I didn't even think of that! ... Oh you guys are so creative around here!
    I worked on mine today. I used the cardboard that is on the bottom of the packs of bottled water. I covered it with some scrapbook paper and am brainstorming what all I want on it. After it is done it will be hanging on a wall in my kitchen.
    Thanks for sharing the awesome idea!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i found it, i just went to the website & searched.
    i like this challenge...after two c-sections with HUGE babies ( one 11 lb & one 12 lb), i have diastasis recti. i will have to be careful and modify most exercises, but it's making me face a giant fear.

i also will make a board on pinterest and link.

thanks, 6mimi for all the hard work you're doing and the great challenges!
  • tarynalyssa
    Options
    did the "Tuesday ab challenge" felt great! it was surprisingly harder than I thought <3 it
  • 6mimi
    Options
    i like this challenge...after two c-sections with HUGE babies ( one 11 lb & one 12 lb), i have diastasis recti. i will have to be careful and modify most exercises, but it's making me face a giant fear.

You are so welcome! I :heart: you guys!! I had two big babies too. Mine were 9 and a 10 pound. I never met anyone who beat me with bigger babies. Wow! They were HUGE!!:laugh: Modify whatever you need too. I did too. Hopefully by strengthening our core we will focus in on an area you and I are both fearing!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    did the "Tuesday ab challenge" felt great! it was surprisingly harder than I thought <3 it

Great job!! I agree. I am totally feeling my abs today. :huh:
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm really just learning Pinterest but here is a link to my Vision Board:

http://pinterest.com/bokatok/my-motivational-board/
  • MsEye
    MsEye Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bokatok, I like your board.
  • bokatok
    Options
    Little one was sick all day, 102.2 So I will be joining the Ab Challenge today. I hope everyone is enjoying it so far. Congrats on the big win team. We are awesome!
  • bokatok
    Options

That is awesome! Facing a fear and winning is a great feeling. I did a Pinterest board too. I'm no pro on that site but I'm figuring it out. :) I hope you conquer this one!