Weekly chat 1/20 to 1/26

Options

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that I'm so glad we are getting quite the group of chatty cathy's around here? I love it!

Chelle, I thought runners endorphin's were some sort of fairy tale myth... but really, they must be true. LOL. It was a hoot!

FYI everyone, weighing daily can be heartwrenching. I know... I weighed daily from July - December. A typical week for me, looks like this:

Saturday weigh day: Usually a new low. Sometimes it is the same from the previous week... ocasionally it is up, but usually only during my period, or that time I was sick with a UTI and I couldn't pee. LOL!

Sunday - Tuesday: weight is up from my saturday weight, because sunday was my fun day, and I usually go all out.

Wednesday: If I'm going to lose for the week, I usually get back down to saturday's weight.

Thurs is usually down from wednesday, and friday is usually up slightly (because thursday was a HC day).

Then, we are back to saturday for a new low. Fun isn't it? LOL!

The upside to weighing daily is that I was able to catch that UTI right away... because my low for the week was actually Friday morning, and by saturday I had "gained" 1-2 pounds. Yeah right!
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am down .6 of a pound today. I was "off" last week, being sick, ,so I'm good with that

My "free day" is Thursday. I did some food prep this morning with: cut-up vegetables, spaghetti squash cooked, broccoli puree made (helps me on low-carb days), turkey burgers and brown rice. I am setting myself up for success this week! :-)

Workout done and I feel good.

Look forward to getting to know you all better and I agree -- I like the more active chattiness of this thread now!

Have a great day!
    --Christine
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WTG Christine!!! You sound nice and organized :)

Babeinthemoon yep, I expect it to bounce all over. i looked at last week and I weight Wed-Sat (funday). For me it dropped Wed- Fri. As long as it drops over a month all is well :)

I'm going to try cooking a venison roast fro dinner. Every time i have tried it is gross. i hope this recipe is a winner!
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Being organized about all of this definitely seems to help me. Whatever works. :-)

Also, I weigh myself about twice a week. One is the one that I record. The other is more of a mid-week check-in. I am always tempted to weigh in each day, but it can really drive me a bit batty. Even with knowing my body and how it fluctuates daily. :wink:
  • sherrielynn2013
    sherrielynn2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am down .6 of a pound today. I was "off" last week, being sick, ,so I'm good with that

My "free day" is Thursday. I did some food prep this morning with: cut-up vegetables, spaghetti squash cooked, broccoli puree made (helps me on low-carb days), turkey burgers and brown rice. I am setting myself up for success this week! :-)

Look forward to getting to know you all better and I agree -- I like the more active chattiness of this thread now!

Have a great day!
    --Christine

Hi Christine.
    Good for you!!!!!! Down even though you were ill. WTG!!
    I'm curious about a few of your recipies. If you don't mind......what is your broccoli puree? Is it like a soup?? Do you have a recipe for it? also, how do you make your turkey burgers. I love preplanning and being organized too.
    Sherrie
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    well its tuesday did some shoping at trader joes... so if anyone has one close i found something it was a rice bar make of white and brown rice 10 carbs and only 4g f sugar and they are pretty big something on the high carb day to replace your rice if maybe you need something a little crunchy and sweet :)

also for my fruits iam trading some for 100% natural freeze dried for that crunchiness and will be buying a food dehydrator to make more kale chips and zuchinni chips for my veggies and iam experimenting on that califlower pizza crust :)

i will put the recipes up once i get them just right ...
    ??
    and also i hear a lot about the protien shakes can someone give me the brands that you guys like and the names i want to go to gnc or the vitamin shoppe bc the ones i have are gross.. lol... and what do you out in them also??
  • sherrielynn2013
    Options
    I use the GNC brand. Its the whey GNC ProPerformance-dbl choc.royale. I buy it in the large tubs, which go on sale all the time. And if you buy a GNC membership card you get another 20% off your purchase. And as you would know, if you already have a membership, you get 20% off your purchase for the first 7 days of every month. It is quite expensive if your buying 2 buckets, but it would last a really really long time. I share mine with my husband, so we really get good use of it.
    When I use it, I only use 1 scoop, which is about 22 grams. here is the breakdown of the one I have.

Nutrition Facts
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 85.0
    Calories from Fat 4.5
    Fat 0.5 g
    Saturated Fat 0.0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Cholesterol 0.0 mg
    Sodium 27.5 mg
    Potassium 105.0 mg
    Carbohydrate 1.0 g
    Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
    Protein 19.5 g

I love this kind. When I make it, I usually add 1 banana (which I pull out of the freezer from prior counter casualties once they turn brown) and then I add .5 cup of skim milk and about 2 ice cubes. This gives it a milkshake consistancy. But you could add and experiment however you want, depending on if its a HC or LC day. Sometimes I don't even add the milk and I've been wanting to try it with Almond milk. On LC days, I add 1 tblsp of natural/soy peanut butter to get my fats in. I've been wanting to try adding a few walnuts or almonds (yum...chocolate almonds :tongue: ) I've been told that you could also add in sweet potatoe. They say you can't even taste it and it also provides that milkshake consistancy. I think I'll give it a shot the next time I have leftovers. Then I pour my 'milkshake' into a glass and I eat it with a spoon. OOOOhhhh, I can just taste it now. Can't wait till morning and I can have one. Yum yum. We did try the cookies and cream kind too, but I personally found it too sweet. Although, it is a good thing to have around to cure that sweet tooth and not have to break your meal plan or feel guilty about it.
    Hope this helps.
    Sherrie
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    well thank you that sounds very yummi :) i will try it tomorrow
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Hi all,

Have a great day!
    --Christine

Hi Christine.
    Good for you!!!!!! Down even though you were ill. WTG!!
    I'm curious about a few of your recipies. If you don't mind......what is your broccoli puree? Is it like a soup?? Do you have a recipe for it? also, how do you make your turkey burgers. I love preplanning and being organized too.
    Sherrie

Hi Sherrie,

The broccoli puree is just something different to do with broccoli. I kind of use it like a base on my low-carb days, makes me feel like I am having something else besides a salad -- a base like pasta or rice. It is steamed broccoli, pureed with a little chicken broth, olive oli, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and I usually throw in some cayenne pepper too.

My turkey burgers are based off of an old recipe at allrecipes.com. I just kind of wing it. Lean ground turkey, a little panko and parmesan cheese, egg if needed, and some spices. I make these every week.

Have a great day everyone! Low-carb for me today -- I'm ready! :smile:

Christine
  • sherrielynn2013
    Options
    Thanks Chistine.
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Sure! :happy:
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It was great that he said no, I was so happy and so proud of him to putting me in line!! And, of course, the end result was the best. :)
  • losingmybehind
    Options
    So far i have not found a chocolate protein I like besides the way to $$$$ shakeology.

See if you can find someone that sells melaleuca... the chocolate proflex 20 shake tastes almost like hot cocoa to me. I love it! The vanilla is good, but the chcolate is fabulous!

We use Vemma's Chocolate Ice Cream Flavor protein powder and love it. It's good whirled in the blender with or without ice (i freeze my leftover coffee into cubes and add that to my protein drink) or it's really good just mixed into my morning coffee. I can hook you up, I'm a distributor since I use so many of their products. :) Hope you find one you can love!
  • losingmybehind
    Options
    Yippee Losingmybehind!!!! That is so great! I think you will do great on the slingshot! Now if i start shaking in my boots when it is my turn you just remind me of this LOL!

Babeinthemoom I will have to look around once I am out of the beachbody product. I really like the cookies and cream kiddo picked out last week. MMM

Sherrielynn I felt the same way!

I did Callenetics today and I forgot how hard those little movements could be. I felt really good afterwards though. There is some major stretching with that 10 in 10 workout.

I screw up a bit this morning and forgot I couldn't have a fat in my morning shake. I'm not going to sweat it. I didn't realize it until i took a final look at my menu tonight.

You've got yourself a deal!!
  • losingmybehind
    Options
    Being organized about all of this definitely seems to help me. Whatever works. :-)

Also, I weigh myself about twice a week. One is the one that I record. The other is more of a mid-week check-in. I am always tempted to weigh in each day, but it can really drive me a bit batty. Even with knowing my body and how it fluctuates daily. :wink:

I totally agree about being organized...it feels SO good to have the menu planned out and all the groceries in the house for the week. Makes sticking to the plan so much more likely!
  • losingmybehind
    Options
    Trying out logging my meals for the day in the morning. Does anyone else do this? Of course, if there's any deviation, I'd go back to edit at the end of the day. This seems like a good strategy, wondering if anyone else does this.
  • Hey everyone! I leave at 3:30am tomorrow morning for my trip to California! I'm really excited because my 11 yr old is going with me and this will hopefully be a really special trip for us. :smile:

I just had the BEST lunch. Very simple, but so good!

1/2 cup brown rice
    3/4 cup mixed veggies
    1/2 cup lean ground turkey
    2 tbsp mango salsa

I had all these things cooked and ready in my fridge. YUM! Slingshot week is going GREAT! :bigsmile:

Have a super CTL day everyone!!! Monica
  • Blingslinger
    Blingslinger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So far i have not found a chocolate protein I like besides the way to $$$$ shakeology.

See if you can find someone that sells melaleuca... the chocolate proflex 20 shake tastes almost like hot cocoa to me. I love it! The vanilla is good, but the chcolate is fabulous!

This makes me so happy, lol! I JUST ordered the chocolate proflex. I LOVE the vanilla, wasn't sure the chocolate would be as good...now I'm excited :)
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Yes, planning and being organized help me SO much. Having all of that food prepped is already making things SO much easier -- can't believe I haven't done that before. It is going to be a regular thing now. I am getting more veggies in this week than ever before. As some of you have said -- I liked salads, but I get tired of them.

I will sometimes log my meals for the next day the night before. It does help and you can always go back and edit if things come up or your food changes at all. It helps!

It is all a learning process and trying to set yourself up for success, right? :bigsmile:
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Question. Tomorrow is my "free day". Do you log your free day? Or, do you just kind of let it go? Just curious what folks do?

--Christine