Winter Running

Options
KateS211
KateS211 Posts: 21 Member
While I normally don't mind winter running, I'm having a tough time out there this year with all the snow. I'm slipping and sliding all over the place, and I'm worried about injuries.

I would like to run on a treadmill until some of the snow is gone, but I am having trouble finding somewhere to do that short-term. I am not a member of a gym and I just do not have space for one in my home.

Does anyone know of a gym that offers short-term memberships? I'm open to any suggestions for a solution to my treadmill problem.

Replies

• miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of any gyms that are offering short term memberships (though I feel your pain, especially this week! brrrrr!)

I've resorted to going along on "buddy passes" with friends that have gym memberships- I figure if nothing else it gives me a chance to see them! Also, Goodlife gyms will sometimes let you "try out" the gym, and occasionally I get coupons to try them out which I'll use.

best of luck! and bundle up! it's cold out there!
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    I believe Snap Fitness is a month by month membership. Hope there is one near your area.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Fit 4 Less on Merivale is $10 month by month contract.
  • phetsanie
    Options
    The city of Ottawa gyms do. (This includes Walter Baker, Bob MacQuarrie and all sorts of others). You can pay for 1-month, 3-months, I think 6, or one year. You can also pay for a certain # of visits instead, and they have all sorts of different plans based on what you're planning to use.