Day 5 of 30

Options
ksfischer
ksfischer Posts: 41 Member
Day 5 in the books and felt so much better!! Only had to stop twice briefly for a drink of water but got right back at it!

I seem to have stalled with weight loss so I can only think that I am building muscle at this point which is great too!!!

Replies

• happymom2013
    Options
    Does anyone here use the elliptical that comes with Jillian's trainer?
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyy I did day 5 Level1:wink:
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 for the 5th time in 5 days this morning. Didn't really feel like it but carried on. My calves have finally gotten used to it and are not killing me!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 5, w00t! But I could feel my knees, which have been injured in the past. I was probably trying too hard to do the deep squats on day 4 and have niggled them a bit, so I'm going to stick with the beginner routine for anything involving bending at the knees until I'm sure they are ok. I was considering having a rest day tomorrow because of my knees, but I think they will be ok, as long as I'm careful.

I also felt my 1.5kg/3.3 lb weights were getting pretty easy on most parts, so went and bought 2.5kg/5.5lb weights to use today! :noway: I really am shocked at my enthusiasm. It was good, I could definitely feel the difference. But I'll go back to the lighter ones when I start Level 2.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Day 7 completed. its rough. Thank God the pushups are in the beginning. I love the side squats!! Sit up are good. I still feel no pain in my abs from them yet. The bicycle situps at the end do burn !! BTW, who lese thinks Jillian talks so much. Not sure if its jsut that we listen to her dauly or what. I feel like telling her to shut up!!!

;)
    :)

tomorrow on to day EIGHT
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of the 30 day Shred!! Feeling great!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Jillian talks so much. I feel like telling her to shut up!!!

The joy of the DVD is that you can tell her to shut up - I have been.

She talks so much because while she is talking, we are working out and it is something to distract, I think.
    Better than a DVD of someone else that I did where she would say 'just 10 more reps' but she was lying!
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    true!!
  • futurereporter88
    futurereporter88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My calves are still so sore that it hurts to walk. Oh, well, at least I can. Day 5 of Level 1 down! Yay!!
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 7 completed. its rough. Thank God the pushups are in the beginning. I love the side squats!! Sit up are good. I still feel no pain in my abs from them yet. The bicycle situps at the end do burn !! BTW, who lese thinks Jillian talks so much. Not sure if its jsut that we listen to her dauly or what. I feel like telling her to shut up!!!

;)
    :)

tomorrow on to day EIGHT

I mute her lol!
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Finished day 5.

I'm doign ripped in 30 rather than the shred and she advises 1 or 2 days off.....2 for me!

See you all at level 2
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I like to hear her talk, I dont really watch the video much, just listen. But FU jillian has come out of my mouth several times lol
  • bee2678
    bee2678 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level one DOWN!!!! Day 3 always seems like the worst day for me. Glad that's over!! Now moving on to Day 4 this evening. Yes, Jillian does talk too much in my opinion. I turn it down as low as possible where I can still hear when she moves on to another exercise. She gets on my nerves!!! I curse her all the time! Haha.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 my one calf gave out and I couldn't finish the jump rope but at least it was towards the end hopefully it will feel better tomorrow
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yippee - finished day 5! 25 to go :)
    My calves were less sore today but I pushed myself harder today so I may wake up feeling worse off tomorrow.