Phase 1 - Cardio 1

Options

Replies

• Gana1017
    Gana1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really dread this workout probably because my cardio is really bad and I can barely breath through it but I did get through it last night. I found that it makes it easier for me to have a clock within sight and be able to see how much time is left when doing the harder exercises such as running man. If this is cardio 1, I'm a little scared for cardio 2.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I really dread this workout probably because my cardio is really bad and I can barely breath through it but I did get through it last night. I found that it makes it easier for me to have a clock within sight and be able to see how much time is left when doing the harder exercises such as running man. If this is cardio 1, I'm a little scared for cardio 2.

Just do what you can Gana, it's not about being perfect, it's about doing the very best you can, and trying to be a little bit better every day. There's nothing wrong with slipping a few "jogging in place" or "marching it out" recoveries in... your stamina will improve over time, i promise you. Keep up the great work... like Jillian says.. "at least you showed up"...
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So today I've had to break out the deep heat! My right butt cheek and my left calf are so sore!!! But it is solo worth it! I feel so great after doing a workout. Also I just tried on some of my pre pregnancy work clothes and they fit! I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow just because I can work those clothes YAY
  • Roboartist
    Options
    This cardio kicks my butt too and I also fear cardio 2. I had a really rough year with my asthma last year and my meds that had been working great suddenly weren't cutting it. I ended up doing six rounds of oral steroids last year due to all the problems. I changed to a different daily inhaler and haven't used my rescue inhaler in a few weeks.

It does feel good to get the exercise and I am managing it well even in consideration of the asthma. If cardio 2 is just too much I will stick with cardio 1 longer.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    So today I've had to break out the deep heat! My right butt cheek and my left calf are so sore!!! But it is solo worth it! I feel so great after doing a workout. Also I just tried on some of my pre pregnancy work clothes and they fit! I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow just because I can work those clothes YAY

love it!!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    This cardio kicks my butt too and I also fear cardio 2. I had a really rough year with my asthma last year and my meds that had been working great suddenly weren't cutting it. I ended up doing six rounds of oral steroids last year due to all the problems. I changed to a different daily inhaler and haven't used my rescue inhaler in a few weeks.

It does feel good to get the exercise and I am managing it well even in consideration of the asthma. If cardio 2 is just too much I will stick with cardio 1 longer.

you might find you cope with cardio 2 better than you think, ok its a little higher in intensity in parts but its a different bunch of moves....and you might be able to cope with some of them ok. You might get bored staying with cardio 1. Just give it a shot and do what you can!
  • Gana1017
    Gana1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed how LOW Omar's shorts hang lol and also David looks funny doing running man.
  • Kimberly92122
    Options
    Are you all tracking exercise? If so, how are you logging the JMBR workouts and cardio? I couldn't find them when I searched for exercises so just logged 30 minutes of something that sounded close. On day 3 so would like to find a better solution to track my progress.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed how LOW Omar's shorts hang lol and also David looks funny doing running man.

David just freaks me out full stop. He's scary!!

Are you all tracking exercise? If so, how are you logging the JMBR workouts and cardio? I couldn't find them when I searched for exercises so just logged 30 minutes of something that sounded close. On day 3 so would like to find a better solution to track my progress.

if you don't have a hrm to add your own exercise entry to the database you can use the one called "circuit training, general"
  • umimar
    umimar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, hi everybody, I survived phase 1, cardio 1, day 1. I did it back to back with workout 1. I agree with you guys, running man sucks!!! I can't remember who was the one who talked about the epileptic whale, OMG, that was sooo true! (and funny). To all the epileptic whales of the world, we can conquer the running man!!! ;)
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 3 first time with cardio 1 done! Not sure what they were called but when u kick and do arm circles is the hardest for me. Couldnt do the arm circles exactly but trief to at least keep them up. Cant wait to see progress with that bc i willdo it!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Wow! After 3 weeks of not doing Cardio 1, I was terrified to get back to it. It was tough, but I think that it was the first time that I've ever gotten through all of the running mans without taking a break. I was also able to keep my arms up for the arm cirlces until the very end. Not much, I guess, but it feels like progress.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

Ok, hi everybody, I survived phase 1, cardio 1, day 1. I did it back to back with workout 1. I agree with you guys, running man sucks!!! I can't remember who was the one who talked about the epileptic whale, OMG, that was sooo true! (and funny). To all the epileptic whales of the world, we can conquer the running man!!! ;)

Very well done on your back-to-back workouts! I'm assuming you are doing the kickstart?
    Here's to smashing the running man! :drinker:

Day 3 first time with cardio 1 done! Not sure what they were called but when u kick and do arm circles is the hardest for me. Couldnt do the arm circles exactly but trief to at least keep them up. Cant wait to see progress with that bc i willdo it!!

Those arm circles burn don't they! Keep at it, you will get there!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Wow! After 3 weeks of not doing Cardio 1, I was terrified to get back to it. It was tough, but I think that it was the first time that I've ever gotten through all of the running mans without taking a break. I was also able to keep my arms up for the arm cirlces until the very end. Not much, I guess, but it feels like progress.

Not much?! I disagree! I think it's BRILLIANT progress! GO YOU!!!
  • umimar
    umimar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just doing the kickstart with the exercise, not the food, I am following my own diet. Also, I am supposed to do a 10.6 mile race (power walk, no running) in April so I have to train for that, so today, for instance, I was supposed to do cardio 1 but instead I went for an hour walk. I better get ready :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I am just doing the kickstart with the exercise, not the food, I am following my own diet. Also, I am supposed to do a 10.6 mile race (power walk, no running) in April so I have to train for that, so today, for instance, I was supposed to do cardio 1 but instead I went for an hour walk. I better get ready :)

Good plan. All the best with your race!
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Really getting fed up with cardio one now! Only twice more to do it then on to phase 2, aaaagh how long before I get fed up with cardio 2, probs about 2 minutes into my first go round ha!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Really getting fed up with cardio one now! Only twice more to do it then on to phase 2, aaaagh how long before I get fed up with cardio 2, probs about 2 minutes into my first go round ha!

cardio 2 is better than cardio 1 in my opinion. If you're getting fed up on C1 you could substitute it for another cardio workout of your choice... I did some turbo fire instead. A few of the other ladies on here also mix their cardio up because they're not big fans of C1.
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    After reading through this thread I am SO relieved I'm not alone on the running man...every other move I can do the full minute no problem (might have to lower my arms a bit on the kick outs as it gets towards the end but I rarely stop) but that is a no go....45 seconds is my record. Trying to build it up...slowly. Only got another 3 gos at it before I move onto phase 2 but I'll give it a damn good go!
  • lesleyworth
    lesleyworth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did cardio 1 for the first time today (did not do the 7 day kickstart)...and there I am cruising along...and about 1/2 way through circuit 2...WHAM...hit the wall...made it through the rest of the workout but DANG! I think it was the second set of running man's that wiped me out. and I found out I'm really less coordinated than i thought, the kickout/arm circles...thankfully no one is watching when I work out...wouldn't want them to choke to death on laughter.