Share your meal with us!

Options
jstout365
jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
I've been seeing a lot of comments being made about eating better and I thought I would start something where we could share some healthy meals through recipes, photos, or even just telling us what you had. One of my goals has been to clean up the diet and eat more whole foods or meals that I prepare. I've also gotten into making my meal look good on the plate despite only making dinner for myself. I like to take a picture of my creations just for fun.

Here two some of my recent meals:

Cayman Citrus Heat Shrimp with Mango, Quinoa, Spaghetti Squash, and a small Spinach Salad with Simply Dressed BV dressing
735523_4750765901210_1134345655_o.jpg

Spinach Salad with Baked Chicken, Craisins, Walnuts and Simply Dressed BV dressing
775041_4790108764757_778253415_o.jpg

I hope we can all get some good meals out of sharing!

Replies

• Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    yesterday i had the Savvy Chicken Salad Wrap and Pozole Verde from Jason's Deli. That was so delicious!!
  • zoeygl
    zoeygl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I MADE A TURKEY SPINACH BURGER, SIMPLE HEALTHY BURGER, WITH SPINACH, MUSHROOMS AND FETA CHEESE. MMMM - IT IS MOIST B/C OF THE FETA. I USUALLY ADD WHAT IS IN THE FRIDGE.:wink:
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Chicken Chili-I really wanted some chicken, and this hit the spot.

I just made quinoa with shrimp for DH. He really liked it.
  • Crookey21
    Options
    I MADE A TURKEY SPINACH BURGER, SIMPLE HEALTHY BURGER, WITH SPINACH, MUSHROOMS AND FETA CHEESE. MMMM - IT IS MOIST B/C OF THE FETA. I USUALLY ADD WHAT IS IN THE FRIDGE.:wink:

wow that sounds so good! imma have to try and make it!!
  • jstout365
    Options
    I agree the turkey spinach burger sounds great....maybe something to add for next week!!
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The other day I got a garden bagel. It was a white bagel with chopped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cabbage on it with a light garden spread. So yummy and healthy!
  • Stanski21
    Options
    I've been getting back into my salads... and my experimenting so designed a cheap, tasty and low calorie lunch:

3 teaspoons of Olive Oil, mix in 2 teaspoons of chilli powder (I use the hot stuff), half teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
    Brush onto one side of chicken breast and grill, turn it over, brush some more of the mixture on, keep adding the mixture and turning the chicken breast until it's cooked. Let it cool and slice it thinly.

1 decent sice chicken breat can be used for three or four meals, but as a guide, I use about 45-50 grams each time.

I then get a bag of mixed salad (can get some really good deals if you shop around.
    My lunch is 50g of that, 5 cherry tomatoes cut in half, and 15ml of a fat free, low calorie balsamic vinegar dressing.

Now here's the best bit, I make up some basil and garlic infused olive oil.. proportion of 3 teaspoons of olive oil, to 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder and dried basil. It's best to make it up the day before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

I drizzle on 2 teaspoons to my salad mix, give it a good mix up. Chuck on the chicken and you're away!
    Works out as about 160-180 calories for a very filling and very tasty salad!
  • jstout365
    Options
    The garden bagel sounds great!!!

And the salads sound amazing as well. I'm so making the basil and garlic olive oil.....now I'm wondering what other flavors could be infused into it!
  • jstout365
    Options
    Tonight's dinner:

500 calories total

Venison Chops, Quinoa, Roasted Sweet Potato "Fries", and Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Shredded Parmesan Cheese

IMAG0687_zps75abec6f.jpg
  • zoeygl
    zoeygl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS GOOD! MMMMM
  • elescott
    elescott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I recently started the Wheat Belly Diet (similar to Paleo with some dairy), and counting all my calories on MFP. Makes me not hungry, which is awesome!!!!

I am making Paleo Italian Meatloaf right now:
    http://paleomg.com/italian-meatloaf/

Also making oven roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I think most veggies taste best roasted!
    http://farmflavor.com/oven-roasted-broccoli-cauliflower/
  • jstout365
    Options

I morphed this into Greek Turkey Meatballs! Turkey, mushroom, red onion, spinach, quinoa, feta, garlic, pepper and one egg. I'll eat them with some plain greek yogurt as a snack!
  • jstout365
    Options
    Also making oven roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I think most veggies taste best roasted!
    http://farmflavor.com/oven-roasted-broccoli-cauliflower/

I agree that most veggies are best roasted!
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    My favorite way to eat spaghetti sqash right now :)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/cheesy-baked-spaghetti-squash-boats.html
  • jstout365
    Options

mmmmm....yummy.
  • elescott
    elescott Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Dumb question, but you need to take the seeds out first, right? Sounds yum!
  • jstout365
    Options

Dumb question, but you need to take the seeds out first, right? Sounds yum!

The recipe has you cutting the squash in half and removing the seeds before cooking, but you can also cook the squash whole and then cut in half and scoop out the seeds. Cutting it in half is the hard part when it is raw, scooping out the seeds is kind of tricky when it is cooked. So it comes down to what method of frustration you prefer! :wink:
  • Crookey21
    Options
    I made black bean entomatadas with spinach.

Entomatadas are like enchiladas but made tomato sauce.
  • niici
    niici Posts: 32
    Options
    scrambled eggs with mushrooms:) i have a pic on my profile! cause i don't know how to put pics in here lol :heart:
  • jstout365
    Options
    scrambled eggs with mushrooms:) i have a pic on my profile! cause i don't know how to put pics in here lol :heart:

Looks good!!!!