Hungry Hungry Days

Options
That's what caught my attention. What tricks do you have for those days when you just can't stop eating. You don't really want to. The little voice in your head says "what are you doing" but the brain is a blur and you just keep logging those calories. Help me Over-50-One-Kenobie!

Replies

• rusan1
    rusan1 Posts: 2
    Options
    walk walk walk ...only way I can control what I eat ....and chew gum ...
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea...take long bath with good book, watch a movie to get my mind off it, go to one of the weight loss blogs like this one and hang out either reading or talking to people.

If all else fails and you have to eat try to find something low cal that tastes good. In the winter I make huge pot of homemade soup and if still hungry will have a little, filling without a bunch of calories.
  • mandythewalker
    mandythewalker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    the walking idea is good or some exercise. I have had days when i just keep eating eating eating stuff that i could usually easily say no to...and it doesnt seem to be for any reason. I've just been off work with bronchitis and i STILL felt hungry! But i am going to really try to keep an eye on myself once and for all!
    I havent got a bath but that sounds lovely!
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not the most exotic answer but drinking water will help fill you up. My problem was cookies ....AKA the "Cookie Monster":noway:
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I usually try water, however when that doesn't work I think I'll give the walking suggestion a try. Thinking that I'll have one cookie, or one piece of chocolate just doesn't seem to work.

I've heard that you can exercise your will power by using it, that assumes that you have some to start with... :devil: