Welcome!

Options
So I had so much response to my message board post that I decided to start a group here! I am in the middle of a big move, but still plan to try to keep up with my workouts. I have taken a couple of weeks off and I am going to start with the Combat program again tomorrow!!! I am ready :)

Replies

• nichelle02
    Options
    Hi! I followed the link from the thread and here I am. I'll be 46 in a few weeks and have a lot of weight to lose. I'm on my way with 8 pounds lost. I'm new here and love the positivity on this site. Today will be day 4 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. And since I live in Minnesota it's all indoor exercise for a few months, meaning I'm spending time with my treadmill.

I can always use more encouraging friends so please feel free to add me. Thanks !
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    im gonna be 44 this summer.... and i have to say... i DONT mind saying it!!!! Im Lynnette. Im a personal trainer and my second home IS the gym. Lets rock this year ladies!!!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!

My names Bea and I turned 41 in November. I had a bit of a set back few months ago (personal crap), had a hard time getting back to my old routine, but I'm back! Soo yayy to our 40s!!! Let's kill this *kitten*!!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kimberly.
    I turned 41 last month.
    My husband and I have 3 boys. 16 yo, 18 y.o., and 19 y.o.
    I signed up here last summer to help me through a surgery. Recover and lose the 10 pounds I found while living in California.
    I lost the weight and am focussing on muscle now, but a few more pounds could melt away and I'd be OK with that, too.

We homeschool. Our 19 y.o. Is in college, the 18 y.o.is a high school SR and taking a math class in college. The 16 year old wants to be an actor and a chef... And maybe part of the reason I gained 10 pounds... He loves to bake cookies and cupcakes and scones, and try out new yummy dishes!

I have a few medical problems that make it harder to work out, but I am hoping that maybe getting in better shape will help with some of that. I think the exercise is making my tachycardia issues a little better and the changed diet seems to be helping my hypoglycemia.i also have a latent virus (lies dormant in my cells and 'wakes up' under stress) and chronic migraines.

I like to ride my bike and I love to take pictures!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I just turned 41, and am in the best shape of my life these days. There's more info in my profile, so I won't re-type it all. :)

Nice to be part of a group of similar people.
  • Veglady12
    Veglady12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Pam and I am 42 (trying to trick my body into being 29 again). I gained 30lbs back and need to "rock it again"! I don't want to be 43 & frumpy. I learned in my 40's that your body doesn't work the same way it once did. I am hoping my knowledge of healthy eating and exercise still work at this age! We can do it!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I just turned 41, and am in the best shape of my life these days. There's more info in my profile, so I won't re-type it all. :)

Nice to be part of a group of similar people.
    I couldn't remember if my profile was set to be read my non-friends list, so I typed a novel with my profile info.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank You for the invite!
    My name is Mark I am 40 years young, I have lost 52 pounds since November and 42 of those pounds since I started MFP.
  • runchris63
    Options
    I am in! I like the badass part, I also like running circles around people half our age! Let's make it a great year!!
  • gabcaron
    gabcaron Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm Gabrielle. English is not my first language, so I hope I won't misspell to many words! (and i'm sorry if I do :-\ )

I'm 41 and lost 41 pounds in the last 7 months with Weight Watchers. I'm now trying to maintain. I've always been active, but I'm more active now, and healthy, then I've ever been. I'm training for my 4th half marathon in may, spinning, weight lifting, doing yoga ... Never thought being over 40 was so energizing!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Enid. I turned 40 back in October so still not used to not being in my 30's. I'm loving this new lifestyle change I made for myself and am now thinking of becoming a health lifestyle coach so I can help others achieve what I've achieved.

But for now I'm working in post production, dealing with being in the LA dating scene and am continuing my love affair with my gym by working out there 5-6 times a week.

My current fitness goals at the moment are to finally hit my goal weight, try to win this weight loss challenge I entered at my gym, run a 5K for the first time ever, and to get my body fat percentage down to 25%. I'm also thinking about training for the Ironman triathlon with my former boss who does them all the time and who has offered to train me.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 years old, married and have 2 grown boys.
    I guess :noway: Badass it is! :bigsmile:
  • determinatrix
    Options
    hello everyone! I'm 45, and I'm still carrying around baby weight from 17 years ago... it's time to get serious about me and my health. Found this site through a friend, but you can never have enough friends along this journey. I look forward to getting to know you all and encouraging you as we all get healthier this year!
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 45 and have worked out pretty much my whole life. I just want to lose that last 5-6 lbs and reduce my body fat%! I am married, have two kids and work full time so it can be a challenge!
  • SFsista
    SFsista Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Im Mari and 42 yo. Struggling to lose 35lbs! Ugh. Looking for inspiration to finally do it. Have a great day.
  • dave0628
    dave0628 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Dave, I'm 45 with about 20 more lbs to lose. I have lost and gained this same 25 lbs 5 times in my life. I'm going to do it right this time, and make it last for the long haul! Once you get past the first month or so of losing weight, it becomes a bit of a grind. If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do. I could always use the extra accountability, and I can do the same for you.
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Love the new group! As of 6 days ago I qualify for this. Yes it happened, I turned (gulp) 40 a week ago. i wont lie, I struggled with it. I now vow to make 40's the best I can. Honestly I took my healh for granted until about two years ago. I have made the decision to step out of the what I call the death line.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Tracy, I'm 42 and the mother of a 13 and 16 year old. I've struggled with my weight for a long time now and weigh more than I ever have. I join MFP on Jan 2nd and have lost 11 pounds so far. I'm enjoying this journey. My goals for 2013 are to get fit and to strengthen my faith, and I think those can go hand in hand. I have over 100 pounds to lose, but so far "I'm rocking it" and look forward to rocking a new body soon!! If anyone would like to friend me, feel free. I'm also participating in a weight loss contest at my YMCA which is great motivation also. Thanks for this group, looking forward to help motivate us all to a better us :)
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Camille and I'll be 42 in November of this year. I'm okay with being over 40 because I honestly don't look my age. Most people guess I'm in my 20s until they meet my 20 yr old son. LOL.

Anyway, I'm 5'10 and have about 20 lbs to lose to goal or better yet whenever I hit a 26 inch waist. I'll be happy there to maintain. I've been there before, just want to get back.

I'm also a Mom of 3 and a nurse who works 12 hr night shifts so my diary times look a bit random and I don't have a "typical day". I'm wanting desperately to hit my goal this year. I came close to it last year until my schedule changed and threw my routine out the window.

So here's to new routines and new changes in the mirror!
  • joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and LOVING it! I think I am one of the BAs!!! I LOVE being in my 40s!!!!! I'm at my goal weight, so just maintaining.