JANUARY'S HOT SUMMER BODY Mini-Challenge

Options

Replies

• Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Last night 50min on the elliptical, 2mi. Right now my heart rate is pretty good at about 140 doing this. No idea if I'll every hit 2mi in 30. I know I can get in 30min on my elliptical days, not always sure I'll get up to 2mi
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    First time back on the elliptical since August, I did 45 min and a little over 3 miles. I am quite proud of myself

Rightly so!. We are proud of you,too!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Last night 50min on the elliptical, 2mi. Right now my heart rate is pretty good at about 140 doing this. No idea if I'll every hit 2mi in 30. I know I can get in 30min on my elliptical days, not always sure I'll get up to 2mi

It's great you go at the pace that's right for you!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    4.5 miles----65 minutes on the Ellip :bigsmile:
    A girl could used to this!
  • Howie3123
    Howie3123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Monday Jan. 14: 30 minutes, 10 incline, 2 resistance, 2.2 miles
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    yesterday (1/14/13) 60 minutes 528 calories gone....
    Today... doing it all over again... :happy:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    After doing lots of walking on the flat floor (catching up on my Daily rainbow making) Tuesday, I climbed back on The Beast last night for just over 30 mins / 1.3 miles at varying speeds and tension settings. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

The great news is - (now that I realize how high the tension knob happened to be when I brought The Beast home in the first place) - I can now dial it right off, the bring it up to the Sweet Spot where I am working hard, but still managing move my feet at the pace that moves my avatar though the Walk It Out game. So I can make rainbows AND break a significant sweat at the same time. :love:

The cool thing is - I can bring back lots of songs that I had "muted from playlist" because they were tooo slow (when walking on the spot) - and the speed / tension setting levels vary for every song. I might even see "how slow I can go" with a song tempo while dialing the tension setting right up and "slogging through mud" for even more variety. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Whenever I want my "fast songs" back for a change, I will do an "easy day" of Walk it Out walking in place instead of on the elliptical. :laugh:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    wow---everybody's doin awesome-:love: -Cannot wait to count up the days.

45 minutes--4 miles--:smokin:
    HOWEVER---SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN IN THE SUGAR SHACK:sad:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I have now confirmed the song tempos that work best for combining my Wii Walk It Out game with the powerful burn of the elliptical at significant tension.

WIO-on-Elliptical - 22 mins and 0.8 miles

WIO (pure) [aka walking 3.5 mhp in place] 38 mins and 2.1 miles

I also finally understand WHY I was soooo frustrated about not being able to combine these at first.

I read on the bus today that to you will keep up your exercise (what ever form it takes) when you find YOUR PERSONAL best combination of Convenience / Social and Affinity levels.

The intensity of the elliptical under tension alone isn't enough for me. I need to combine it with my affinity for self-directed scrolling landscape to virtually travel through. Wii WIO isn't intense enough on its own, and the elliptical isn't "fun enough on its own. I need both.
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    back at i this evening... I'm really enjoying this, It's keeping accountable.. :smile:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Yesterday:

61 mins before supper (half elliptical with moderate-high tension / half brisk walking)
    90 mins straight on elliptical after supper with moderate tension for first 60 mins and lighter tension for last 30
  • donmcc
    donmcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I honestly forgot about this until I was reminded this morning.

I will go through my logs and get some totals up to today including my starting weight at the beginning of January.

My goal is to increase performance - I started at incline 5, resistance 5 for about 30 minutes. Know I'm up to incline 11, resistance 11 for 5 minutes then down to 8 and 8 for 3 minutes, then back up to 11 and 11.

My average time right know is between 40-45 minutes, depending on time of day I get to the gym and my work schedule.

This morning was 45 minutes for 625 calories.

Don
  • donmcc
    donmcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ok so here are some totals including this morning.

total days so far this month - 15 days

Longest consecutive - 4 days

Total Calories Burned - 8422

Total minutes - 655 to date

Starting weight on January 02 - 251.5 lbs

Todays weight - 246 lbs

One major benefit - blood sugar levels are dropping like crazy .. before November the blood sugar levels were up around 180-200 in the morning. Know they are between 125-140. Doc will be happy next week.
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    it's an elliptical evening... anything to warm this body up....brrrr it's cold
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    ok so here are some totals including this morning.

total days so far this month - 15 days

Longest consecutive - 4 days

Total Calories Burned - 8422

Total minutes - 655 to date

Starting weight on January 02 - 251.5 lbs

Todays weight - 246 lbs

One major benefit - blood sugar levels are dropping like crazy .. before November the blood sugar levels were up around 180-200 in the morning. Know they are between 125-140. Doc will be happy next week.

You ARE THE poster boy. This is such an inspiration--and the challenge has barely begun.
    We all weigh in in matter of days--- along with ending stats!
    So excited--
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    it's an elliptical evening... anything to warm this body up....brrrr it's cold
    you got that right!:bigsmile:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Yesterday:

61 mins before supper (half elliptical with moderate-high tension / half brisk walking)
    90 mins straight on elliptical after supper with moderate tension for first 60 mins and lighter tension for last 30

90 minutes is AMAZING~~
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    I can't believe we are fast approaching month 2 of the challenge... Looking forward to the next challenge :smile:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I can't believe we are fast approaching month 2 of the challenge... Looking forward to the next challenge :smile:

Came in to address that VERY thing! :smokin:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I will post January totals both here at at the start of the February Thread (as requested) tomorrow, when I review my logs.