Strict with carbs! Success!

Options
ChaoticMum
ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
This past week I was stricter with my carbs - using one roma tomato instead of two in my salad etc and kept my carbs below 100 the last week - and in fact, mostly below 75! It paid off! I had energy to work out every day with one rest day in there (this on top of solo parenting 5 kids - 2 of which were sick with influenza!)! I was amazed at how that would have had me broken on the floor crying before Christmas and now? I had the energy to push through!

AND! I dropped 2lb! I broke through my plateau and have only about 8-11lb left to go - yep. The dreaded last 10lb!

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • TaliaCarmella
    Options
    holy crap this is awesome!!! Great Job and thank you for motivating me to continue cutting out those nasty carbs!
  • ajwolters
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • Tarshs
    Tarshs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for motivating me!! I am going to try this also!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's great!! I'm paying extra attention to mine too, hoping for some success!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! I've been really bummed the past couple days because I stepped on the scale for the first time after 3 weeks of strict Primal and saw that I'd GAINED a pound. I knew I was eating too much fruit, so now I'm watching my carbs carefully too!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree under 100 is the magic #!!!
  • ChaoticMum
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes! that 100 is the magic number! I was always hanging out at it but pushing to get BELOW it was the key! I couldn't believe by just cutting out one tomato a day, or one banana it was easy to get it down there!

My goal this week is to add in more greeny veggies - more spinach. More broccoli etc. So hard to do at this time of year when we live in a deep freezer and NOTHING is in season other than icicles! LOL

epcooper! I had that happen earlier in the week - I had gained a half pound but I had dropped 2% body fat! So obviously my muscle mass went up! Try to find a number other than just the scale to keep an eye on! Put the info together to get the true picture!
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    That's not possible! You need carbs for energy! :wink:

Well done! Must be a great feeling to break through that plateau!

Keeping carbs low has always worked really well for me (and I'm also extremely active). As soon as they start going up is when I run into trouble.
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Keeping my carbs low helps me the most. My main problem seems to be with sugar so I try to stay away from fruit. Maybe I'll eat more the closer I get to my goal body fat %-age.

I don't really worry about carbs from veggies, hard to overdose on those.

The thing I like about eating like this is that it allows me to experiment and see how various foods affect me.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need to watch mine more I think. I just about ate a Larabar with like 35carbs... Maybe I should find a slightly less carby snack haha
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Super cool and good to konw. I'm starting to be stricter this week about the carbs. 100 is the magic number for you eh? I've been trying to figure out what I want to shoot for.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Super cool and good to konw. I'm starting to be stricter this week about the carbs. 100 is the magic number for you eh? I've been trying to figure out what I want to shoot for.

I've been trying to stay under 75, with up to 100 ok. I lost 2 lbs last week, but that's all I have to go on so far! Good luck!
  • ChaoticMum
    Options

I've been trying to stay under 75, with up to 100 ok. I lost 2 lbs last week, but that's all I have to go on so far! Good luck!

That's exactly my goal and where I've been to see the most recent success!
  • ChaoticMum
    Options
    That's not possible! You need carbs for energy! :wink:

Well done! Must be a great feeling to break through that plateau!

Keeping carbs low has always worked really well for me (and I'm also extremely active). As soon as they start going up is when I run into trouble.

LOL I chuckled out loud for real at that one! ;)
    And yes - its an awesome feeling!
  • ChaoticMum
    Options
    Keeping my carbs low helps me the most. My main problem seems to be with sugar so I try to stay away from fruit. Maybe I'll eat more the closer I get to my goal body fat %-age.

I don't really worry about carbs from veggies, hard to overdose on those.

The thing I like about eating like this is that it allows me to experiment and see how various foods affect me.

Fruit is my killer too - I LOVE a good bowl of berries - which now I use as a treat at the end of the day if I have Carb Space, and my other is banana with Pnut butter....

I was surprised at how something like cutting the tomato would have such an effect on me!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    AND - all on top of solo parenting of 5 kids - EXCELLENT! Always good to read such great news :smile: Carry on!!