Options
MorgueBabe
MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
Those damn side planks with the knee raise

Replies

• hatsuharu01
    hatsuharu01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was terrible at those I substituted them with continuing the side crunches. Now Level 2 the worst move for me is the T-Jack or whatever its called...it's like the side plank but more ugh lol.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Those side planks are really hard, especially on my wrists. I could barely hold them. Jinquinn, I think you have something about substituting them with the side crunches. I will do that. I need to work on the burpees, too.
  • hatsuharu01
    hatsuharu01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the burpees loL :)
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I just try to hold the side plank position, I can't do the knee thing where the top leg is holding all the weight - at least not more than a couple.

I am also having a hard time with "side lunges with a bang." I just don't get very far over so I don't think I'm getting much from the move.

Surprisingly, most of the rest of Level 1 doesn't seem that hard. I mean, not easy, but not "oh come on, are you kidding me" hard like I found 30DS at first. I wasn't very sore, even the first time I did it, so I am trying to do every move with the most intensity I can manage.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, forget side lunge with a bang.
    I have a fused back, and an S curve. (pics on profile) Side lunge with bang doesn't happen.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I can't do the side planks... so I borrowed a side move from one of her other videos.

Essentially you are on your forearm (not just your hand), laying down on your side, and then you raise your obliques/hips off the ground... lowering them without letting them touch. I actually feel the move in the side so I think its a decent compromise.

I also have major problems with the burpees... I am on the top floor of my apartments and I only have time to work out late at night... any idea how to make the move quieter?
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The side planks were a tad better today, but otherwise, the workout is pretty cool. Not hard like the 30 Day Shred in the beginning of each level. I like 6w6p better than the shred.

nicci93, I take it you live on a 2nd level apt. I don't have any ideas how to make the burpees quiet for that. Maybe others will have some ideas about that.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    @Nicci: A beginner burpee is to put your hands down, then step your legs back one at a time. You don't get the same intensity, but it is quiet and still a good ab workout if you hold the plank for a few beats. You bring your legs back one leg at a time, too, instead of jumping.

Or, get a really good, sound muffling mat? Find out when your neighbors aren't home?