Started CLX/Turbofire hybrid 1/21/2013

Options
Anyone doing a hybrid of clx/turbofire? Any results? I started yesterday, but I am doing Jenelle Summers version, so it is 2 a day's. Eeek!!

Replies

• gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Yes. I do my own hybrid mixing CLX with Turbo Fire HIITs and Turbo Jam cardio. (I'm such a Chalene fan girl.) My goal is CLX 3x week, TF HIITs 1 to 2x week, and steady state Turbo Jam 1 x week. This time around I'm going to double the Burn phase, and try to double the Push phase too. And I'm seriously thinking about leaving the Lean phase out. It just didn't do anything for me. I had to seriously reduce my weights to keep good form and it felt like I lost a little ground during Lean so I may just skip it altogether.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do my own hybrid too. CLX 3 times a week ( I am on my 2nd round) and mostly TF HIIT workouts. So far so good!
  • nhall423
    nhall423 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started Jenelle's version of the hybrid this week too! I skip every Wednesday because I go to the yoga class they offer at my work, but other than that I'm sticking to her schedule. So far, so good, I'm loving the TF workouts.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Same here! Im on week 3 but may have to repeat it. My energy level has been getting really low. So i may up my cals and play around these next couple of days. But so far so good! Down about 5lbs since starting! Good luck!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    About o start it on Monday. Not sure what version to do though. How o people choose?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I just started Jenelle's version of the hybrid this week too! I skip every Wednesday because I go to the yoga class they offer at my work, but other than that I'm sticking to her schedule. So far, so good, I'm loving the TF workouts.

Hi. Can you give me a link for that.
  • nhall423
    nhall423 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/554164-cxe-turbofire-hybrid-by-janelle-summer

I found it on the forums here and typed it into an excel calendar to hang on my fridge.
  • kelmax
    kelmax Posts: 55
    Options
    Last week was such a busy week, I only did one workout a day. I did clx m,w,f and turbofire tu and th. This week, I think I am going to do the same. I just don't have the time to fit in an hour. I know, it's not much of ur day, but I work 40hrs and my kids have practice several nights a week. So 1 a days it is for a while. Happy Monday all!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    I keep seeing people mentioning a CLX/TF hybrid. How is the Turbofire different from Burn Intervals and Burn it Off?
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am doing my own hybrid. I am doing 2 CLX and 4 TF per week. I think I need more cardio at this point but my body loves strength training as well. I am on my 3rd week of Burn. I think I'll continue to Push and probably go back to Burn because I don't really like Lean either.

Stay Extreme everybody!!!
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started the Lean phase today. It's a lot tougher (and the DVDs are longer) than Push!! I'm seeing fantastic changes doing a hybrid.

My life schedule changes, so I keep my workout schedule somewhat flexible so it remains doable. I'm doing my own free-form hybrid. I'm basically doing three CLXs per week so my CLX phases last four weeks each....so for ex: Burn 1, Burn 2, Burn 3 in one week and then I cycle this again for four weeks before beginning the next phase. I intersperse HIIT workouts or TubroFires as I want to. Sometimes I tack on the 15 min. HIIT after one of the CLX workouts. I usually do a TurboFire in between my CLX days and vary the one I do. If it's the 30 or 45 min. ones, I add an abs workout in. A usual week might look like:

CLX
    TurboFire45 + abs
    CLX + HIIT15
    rest
    CLX
    TurboFire30 + abs (or TurboFire 55 + abs...depending on time)
    rest

Years ago, I used to shoot for working out six days a week. But I feel I get better results when I rest twice a week. I don't know why.

Mom2, TurboFire is a program in itself that has really really fun, intense cardio workouts. They also have several HIIT workouts that vary in length. It's the funnest cardio program I've ever owned. I believe it's the only 55 minute cardio I've ever done where I haven't looked at the clock. I don't normally do cardio longer than 45 minutes but try my hardest to fit in the 55 minute one b/c, IMO, it's the funnest one!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Doing my own version. Regular Turbofire schedule plus CLX strength only workouts 3 days a week. Currently in wk 12 of Turbofire and week 7 of CLX. I've been consistently losing an average of 2-3 pounds a week.