Estimating Activity Level

Options
Sorry for all of my posts in here lately, but I have a lot of questions since I'm truly giving EM2WL a shot. I estimated my activity level as moderate (3-5 hrs per week) because I work out 5 days per week for 30-60 minutes, and I walk everywhere since I'm a carless grad student. According to that, my TDEE is 2319 so I'm trying to net 2105 every day. I'm not sure if I should put myself in the next activity level category because of the walking I do? Thoughts? Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would say probably yes! Walking adds up.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't know, are you losing weight with your current calories?
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I don't know, are you losing weight with your current calories?

I just started committing myself to EM2WL so I haven't really lost weight yet. I'm looking more to tone up than to lose pounds, if that makes sense. I'm 5'5, weigh 160, and am 26% body fat.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You used the term NET, which on MFP is usually used in regard to meeting that goal by eating back exercise calories.

Since it sounds like your TDEE included exercise already, you don't NET that number, you eat to it or slightly over. No exercise calories eaten back.
    Just wanted to make sure you didn't cause a problem by eating too much.

For the walking aspect since that does raise you up a level, round Moderately Active up to nearest 100 cal's. Walking isn't that worthy of a big jump really.