February Whole 30 - Anyone out there??

Options
sarbar71
sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
Hi all! Planning to do another Whole 30 beginning on Monday. Just wondering if anyone else is planing on doing Whole 30 this month? Would love some people to help keep each other accountable!

Replies

• nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today :) feel free to add me.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it as well.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing a Whole 30, but I'm pretty strict paleo. Feel free to add me too!
  • CATHYGAYM
    CATHYGAYM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group to take up the challenge for the month of February also!
    I am only in my 2nd week of following the Paleo plan and am feeling pretty good so far.
    I am finding it challenging to get enough protein in each day and in keeping the carbs down to an acceptable level as I eat a lot of fruit. I would like to be able to see other member's food diaries and would be willing to share mine with friends, so am looking for other members who are doing this too.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am going to do that right after the Super Bowl game. I am a 49ers fan so, I wanna eat onion rings on that night! :)
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Paleo challenge at my crossfit box, we're starting Monday after the Superbowl. I eat pretty clean now but still eat a few non paleo things like oatmeal and cheese so cutting those things out for for 30 days. When there's prize money involved I feel like I'll have more motivation to stay strict Paleo, feel free to add me :)
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am going to do that right after the Super Bowl game. I am a 49ers fan so, I wanna eat onion rings on that night! :)

This will Start 2/4/13...
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am doing a Whole30 in January and continuing into February!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I tried in Jan and would fail because of poor planning. Eating an egg dish I didn't prepare and finding out there was egg in it and other similar situations. I have been pretty Paleo though for Jan and and up for doing it....after the Super Bowl! If your doing it go ahead and friend me too!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was going to, but it'd have to be after the superbowl :)
  • Tarshs
    Tarshs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I am!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! feel free to add me or shall we make another group?
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    Yes I am!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! feel free to add me or shall we make another group?

I would but I don't know how!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    I plan on doing this 100% this time, no tracking, measuring, or weighing myself! A REAL Whole 30!
  • JScarbo
    JScarbo Posts: 30
    Options
    Just started Paleo. What is "Whole 30"?
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    Just started Paleo. What is "Whole 30"?

It is a little more strict! Google it and find lots of wonderful info! Then join in! Just type in Whole30.
  • sarbar71
    Options
    Sounds like most of us are planning to start after the Super Bowl (me too) - so that works out really great

I'm so glad that there are so many of you starting it - I was kind of worried that everyone would just be finishing one up after the New Years!! What do you think - should be start a new thread called February Whole 30 Challenge, or do you just want to post comments and discussions here?

About me - I did my first (and only ) Whole 30 in September. I was not primal or paleo before, so it was a truly likfe changing 30 days for me. I shocked myself by making it the full 30 days without cheating. I felt so great after finishing that I decided that I needed to make it a long term lifestyle change. I did end up going Primal instead of Paleo because I really do love my dairy and it felt a little more flexible to me. I am normally about 90-95% Primal - I usually allow myself one meal a week off plan just in case there is a holiday, function, or I just feel like I gotta have a beer and some wheat :laugh:

Definitely looking forward to this next Whole 30 - so glad to have others to talk to about it! If you've ever tried to tell a non-primal/paleo individual about Whole 30 they just look at you like you are completely insane!
  • sarbar71
    Options
    I plan on doing this 100% this time, no tracking, measuring, or weighing myself! A REAL Whole 30!

Oooh - I am really impressed! I said before that I didn't cheat last time I did Whole 30, but that's not entirely true because I logged and weighed in the whole time. At the time I really needed the extra motivation to continue. I have really been considering not weighing in this time either, but I don't know if I trust myself to stop logging food yet. I will definitely give both some thought though. It sure would be nice to take a break from logging.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Great.I am with you.Add me if you want
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my Whole30 tomorrow and I would love some Whole30 friends! I'm actually planning my first week's meals and writing my grocery list right now!
  • Adam_72
    Options
    Im in.

Im disappointed I let myself drop off at Christmas until now. I had done about 115 days prior to Christmas

But back to it from the 1st. ( tomorrow )