Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Chel, I'm new to this site. I decided to go natural last year after I started having a lot of breakage. I moved from Ohio to Las Vegas and I guess my relaxed hair just couldn't take the change. I joined this site b/c since the move not only did my hair go through changes but my body did too. I have put on some pounds. I hope that as a take this step to lose weight I can also find ways to care for my new head of natural hair. Look forward to learning and sharing.

Hi Chel! thanks for sharing
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    New to the group. Joined to stay focused, get advice from others and help anyone who needs it. Also on twitter @189King

Welcome
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I am new to MFP. I started my healthy hair journey about 6 months ago. Then I got started on my fitness journey, so now I am absolutley obsessed with both!!! I am relaxed. I usually wear my hair either in a wrap, sew in or a ponytail. I have been VERY lost since I have begin my fitness journey. Not sure what to do with it. I love to deep condition. I use Kera Care products and Creme of Nature. Lots of Shea butter and wave neavou for moisture and seal. Gotta moisturize and seal.

Great post. I think i found my hair twin! I love these products
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    I love all of the post, and i can't respond to all. Everyone please let's continue to share our expertise on our hair journeys with each others.
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I am ShaWashanah (Sha-wash-ah-nah). I've been natural since 99'. I've cut my hair at least 3x and have had locs once. I have an afro now however and have had it since 2005. I am a Giovanni head. I love all of their hair care products. I make my own leave-in moisturizer from their leave-in conditioner. But...I will admit that I am a product junky so every now and then...okay, stop playing, every time I see a sale on shampoo/conditioner, I have to buy it...
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Love, I been natural for 16yrs, had locs for 8yrs. I am not a product junkie I use shea butter and some organic Simulator products. I joined MFP in 2011 but got serious in last 6weeks.

Happy New Year Everyone x
  • Kharissa
    Kharissa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I am beginning yet another weight loss journey, lol. My issue: commitment. At 5'1" being over 150 lbs really weighs heavy on my body. My goal is to get down to 120 lbs.

I went natural (BCed) on August 16, 2012. If you go to http://TRUBLOOM.blogspot.com you can see different pics and spiritual lessons learned from my hair journey.

I look forward to committing to reaching my weigh loss goals this year and learning all I can about taking good care of my natural hair!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm Courtney from Florida. I've been on this site (off and on) for about 3.5 months. As you can see, I'm back on, and I pray for good (or at least until I reach my goal). I've been natural since February 2005, and just now really embracing it. I've worn wigs and weaves all through out. Products I'm really into right now is Shea Moisture.
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Love, I been natural for 16yrs, had locs for 8yrs. I am not a product junkie I use shea butter and some organic Simulator products. I joined MFP in 2011 but got serious in last 6weeks.

Happy New Year Everyone x

Happy New Year Love! Congrats on your progress so far and good luck with your goals for 2013!
  • michie27
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I am beginning yet another weight loss journey, lol. My issue: commitment. At 5'1" being over 150 lbs really weighs heavy on my body. My goal is to get down to 120 lbs.

I went natural (BCed) on August 16, 2012. If you go to http://TRUBLOOM.blogspot.com you can see different pics and spiritual lessons learned from my hair journey.

I look forward to committing to reaching my weigh loss goals this year and learning all I can about taking good care of my natural hair!

You can do it, keep focused and take inspiration and motivation from your pals and that will get you to your goal.
    Congrats on the BC, that's impressive, I did a braid-twist to grown out my hair and then loc it as it was growing out. Once it got to couple inches new growth, I did the chop. I started this process in December 2008. Experiment with different products and you will eventually find the ones that work best for you.

Good luck with your goals for 2013!
  • michie27
    Options
    Hello All! I'm Courtney from Florida. I've been on this site (off and on) for about 3.5 months. As you can see, I'm back on, and I pray for good (or at least until I reach my goal). I've been natural since February 2005, and just now really embracing it. I've worn wigs and weaves all through out. Products I'm really into right now is Shea Moisture.

Welcome back and congrats on your progress thus far. Good for you embracing your natural hair, there is really so much that can be done with natural hair, we're really not as limited as people think when we decide to no longer relax our hair. Embrace away girl!

Good luck with your goals for 2013!
  • symmetry11
    Options
    I have been using this site since June 2012. I have been without a relaxer since 2007. I usually do twist outs using As I am products or I have braids/kinky twists.
  • SammieAus
    SammieAus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Samantha and I'm new to MFP as of today! I'm relaxed and trying to find the right balance when working out. In the past I've just worn my hair in a ponytail all the time when working out. Just looking for support and a good group to share ideas and stories!
  • CandiaisGolden
    CandiaisGolden Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! I first got dreads in 2001, my hair was still relaxed so they were some very thin dreads haha. I chopped those off and buzzed my head around 2007. My products are constantly rotating but I'm a fan of the Shea Moisture products and Shea butter. I wear a Bantu Knot Out on most days.
  • michie27
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies in the group! Wishing you all the best in your fitness journey!
  • newme1968
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this site. I have no idea what I want to do with my hair. Right now it is relax and I am thinking about going natural. Anyway, I am trying to get healthy and looking for support.
  • Fraideeecat
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Dimonique, & i'm on my 2nd set of locs (combed out my 3.5 yr olds to start from scratch, haha). Staple Products: Dr. Bronner's Almond or Tea Tree Castile Soap, Tea Tree Oil, Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, WATER, & Organic Root Stimulator's Loc & Twist Gel :). For clarifying rinses I used apple cider vinegar, and for deep conditioners I used avocado, honey and coconut oil
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am Kathy and natural for about 7 years. Hair--mid-back --close to waist
    Co-washes-with a $1.00 cheapie conditioner that is a SMOOTHING conditioner--Perfect Purity Vita+---when I thought it ran out I panicked --and when I found out it did not ---then I tried ot buy out the store--guess that means it works to help de--frizz me
    also use Vatika-coconut oil --scurl---
  • lissabee4
    lissabee4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I am returning to my natural state. My last relaxer was April 2012. My hair goes down my back so I don't see myself doing a big chop anytime soon. I can't see myself with short hair. Currently since I am outside of the US, I use pure coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil in my hair to moisturize and protect it from the sun and salt water. My only style right now is plaits. I pretty much took it back to elementary school with that, but it works for me to workout and be able to re-do. Also, my hair is covered every day with hats and scarves.
  • michie27
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Dimonique, & i'm on my 2nd set of locs (combed out my 3.5 yr olds to start from scratch, haha). Staple Products: Dr. Bronner's Almond or Tea Tree Castile Soap, Tea Tree Oil, Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, WATER, & Organic Root Stimulator's Loc & Twist Gel :). For clarifying rinses I used apple cider vinegar, and for deep conditioners I used avocado, honey and coconut oil
    Welcome to the group! I have locs too and have been thinking about starting over so that they can be thicker but not sure I want to go through the early stages again.
    Hello!
    I am Kathy and natural for about 7 years. Hair--mid-back --close to waist
    Co-washes-with a $1.00 cheapie conditioner that is a SMOOTHING conditioner--Perfect Purity Vita+---when I thought it ran out I panicked --and when I found out it did not ---then I tried ot buy out the store--guess that means it works to help de--frizz me
    also use Vatika-coconut oil --scurl---
    Welcome to the group! Cheapie or not, if it works, keep using it :)
    Greetings! I am returning to my natural state. My last relaxer was April 2012. My hair goes down my back so I don't see myself doing a big chop anytime soon. I can't see myself with short hair. Currently since I am outside of the US, I use pure coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil in my hair to moisturize and protect it from the sun and salt water. My only style right now is plaits. I pretty much took it back to elementary school with that, but it works for me to workout and be able to re-do. Also, my hair is covered every day with hats and scarves.
    Hi Lissabee4, welcome to the group! I'm a fan of coconut and jojoba oil too, I use both in my hair.

Good luck on your fitness journey ladies!!