February Whole 30 - Anyone out there??

Options

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I finish my first whole 30 tomorrow. A great success. I'm happy to stay on for another month.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm doing strict Paleo! I'm researching more about Whole 30..need to get some background on it : )
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing this 100% this time, no tracking, measuring, or weighing myself! A REAL Whole 30!

Oooh - I am really impressed! I said before that I didn't cheat last time I did Whole 30, but that's not entirely true because I logged and weighed in the whole time. At the time I really needed the extra motivation to continue. I have really been considering not weighing in this time either, but I don't know if I trust myself to stop logging food yet. I will definitely give both some thought though. It sure would be nice to take a break from logging.

I worry more about weighing in! I am addicted to the scale, like to break that habit. I think if I am eating whole 30 the macros should be good. I figure I will do it for one month and then go back to weighing weekly,if weight loss stalls then I will no it. Who knows though, I may weigh in on Fridays durning whole 30, ugh!!!
  • JScarbo
    JScarbo Posts: 30
    Options
    Just started Paleo. What is "Whole 30"?

It is a little more strict! Google it and find lots of wonderful info! Then join in! Just type in Whole30.

Thanks. Searching for it now.
  • carolin8282
    carolin8282 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MYF and Groups, etc. - just started researching Paleo so please forgive my ignorance. The Super Bowl means nothing to me, so I'll start tomorrow - please add me if you'd like.

Need a basic tip on coffee - I love and need my morning cup of cofee and I've always consumed it with half & half + sugar. I recently bought coconut palm sugar (that's good for Paleo right??) but I'm still struggling on a coffee creamer substitute that suits the Paleo diet - any suggestions out there (besides learning to drink black!)???
  • JScarbo
    JScarbo Posts: 30
    Options
    OK, did a little research on "Whole 30" and I'm in starting tomorrow.
  • jclark051
    Options
    I am in!! I have done Paleo before with great results. Unfortunately I fell off this winter and I have been on a sugar kick for some time.. it's incredible how addicting sugar and carbs can be. This will be a great way for me to get back into a routine. I will also begin on Monday! I have a Paloeo slow cooking recipe book that has wonderful meals... I look forward to sharing them !
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MYF and Groups, etc. - just started researching Paleo so please forgive my ignorance. The Super Bowl means nothing to me, so I'll start tomorrow - please add me if you'd like.

Need a basic tip on coffee - I love and need my morning cup of cofee and I've always consumed it with half & half + sugar. I recently bought coconut palm sugar (that's good for Paleo right??) but I'm still struggling on a coffee creamer substitute that suits the Paleo diet - any suggestions out there (besides learning to drink black!)???

Some natural sugars are okay while on Paleo but are totally out while on Whole 30 as are all dairy products except for ghee. Most people who like cream/sugar in their coffee drink Bullet Proof Coffee instead. Personally, I like my coffee black so I am not sure the exact ratios to use, but I would say maybe a 1/2 tbsp coconut oil mixed with 1+/- tsp of ghee/clarified butter. Put it in a blender til frothy. I think adding a pinch of cinnamon helps a little too. It was a little too greasy for my palate, but you could experiment with the amount of coconut oil that you add. It's the coconut oil that gives it a nutty flavor and the ghee that makes it creamy. Maybe goggle search Bullet Proof Coffee to see what the ratios are supposed to be.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am going to do that right after the Super Bowl game. I am a 49ers fan so, I wanna eat onion rings on that night! :)

This will Start 2/4/13...

It is better than 2/5/13, right? ;)
  • butilovetacos
    butilovetacos Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am all about starting the Whole 30 tomorrow! I have been about 90/10 paleo this past month and would love to see what happens when i go Whole 30...i am also cutting out fruit as that is what research is telling me to do since I am obese!!! Please add me to the discussion!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I decided to start tomorrow too! I realized I was using eating for the Super Bowl as an excuse! I just didn't want to bug friends who made food, thought I needed to eat it to be polite. But I can't delay any longer, so Feb 1st for meA,
  • MVH26
    MVH26 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm game!

I will be just finishing a paleo challenge around the first week of Feb, and have been pleased with the results... I'd love to have some Paleo eating friends as well. So please feel free to add me, and friend me!
  • Jbeilfuss84
    Jbeilfuss84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into this and think it will be a great way to kickstart things. I want to go either primal or paleo...haven't decided yet. I'm super nervous about failing, so any help and encouragement will be great!
  • happy_travels
    happy_travels Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really need to do this. This is the next step for me for sure. My boyfriend and I have not had alcohol all month for our January kick start. I may have a champagne toast with him tomorrow and then jump right into this. Yep I think that is the plan.
  • MVH26
    MVH26 Posts: 13
    Options

Coconut Milk or Almond Milk would work. Make sure you get plain -- no 'flavoring' ... that's just the added sugar.
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm in. My January Whole 30 wasn't quite as Whole 30 as I had planned towards the end of the month :laugh:
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thinking about trying this (as it is the first today) but need to do some more research about it.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Almond milk,unless you make it yourself,is out as it has carageenan in it.
    coconut milk without added sugar is fine.
    for anyone interested the book it's called " it starts with food" and the website is http://whole9life.com
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it -I have been doing primal so this would help be get over my dairy fix. I just bought the book ISWF... Although I have a colonoscopy scheduled next friday so I may have to start after that. (the prep sounds awful!)