question for the guys

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even know what to do with them... I'd prefer food instead!

Ponch, the question was: would you BUY them for your G/F if you knew she liked them?? :bigsmile:

And, you just put them in water..........in a vase..........or some kind or receptacle .........and smell them..........and look at them.......lol

I was thinking about food when I posted that.

Want one of my bacon flowers?

Just one.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I wouldn't even know what to do with them... I'd prefer food instead!

Ponch, the question was: would you BUY them for your G/F if you knew she liked them?? :bigsmile:

And, you just put them in water..........in a vase..........or some kind or receptacle .........and smell them..........and look at them.......lol

I was thinking about food when I posted that.

Want one of my bacon flowers?

Just one.

Haha.... here we go, I hate bacon!! I usually eat steak or sausage links with my breakfast. It's not my fault though, my mom constantly F'ed bacon up when I was a kid and I just gave up on it.

Thanks for the offer though!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE flowers. And if a gentleman was kind enough to give them to me "just because", I would be VERY appreciative. lol
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I like plants more personally. My ex used to get me orchids (my favorite flower) from time to time. They last for months and months..
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ive never gotten flowers that werent from my Daddy lol..... However I remember that every year when my parents were together my dad would buy mom some for their annivesery always adding one more a year lol.....

If my speeling is all messed up sorry I'm on vicodin
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I like plants more personally. My ex used to get me orchids (my favorite flower) from time to time. They last for months and months..

I got a plant once. My cats ate it
    8|
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Ive never gotten flowers that werent from my Daddy lol..... However I remember that every year when my parents were together my dad would buy mom some for their annivesery always adding one more a year lol.....

If my speeling is all messed up sorry I'm on vicodin

OMGLOL
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Yeah buy flowers but have a bunch made specifically in a florist, not just pick up a pre-made or even worse petrol station/supermarket bunch.

I dont mind where they come from, it's the thought that counts :flowerforyou:

Yeah I didn't word that very well, meant as in have them made especially not just a random bunch bought.

Nothing wrong with a random or pre-made bunch, just because. As long as they're not dying. :)
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Yeah buy flowers but have a bunch made specifically in a florist, not just pick up a pre-made or even worse petrol station/supermarket bunch.

Yeah I didn't word that very well, meant as in have them made especially not just a random bunch bought.

Nothing wrong with a random or pre-made bunch, just because. As long as they're not dying. :)

What if the flowers wilting and dying was a poetic representation of how he would feel if you ever left him?

O_________O
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

What if the flowers wilting and dying was a poetic representation of how he would feel if you ever left him?

O_________O

Well.....That's a whole different story.... thoughts to ponder....
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Where I work the owner of the company brings in flowers for all the girls on Valentines day. Every year sure enough I take the flowers, thank him, and then forget them in my car until I remember to throw them away.

A few weeks ago I had a really bad day and a friend of mine bought me LIME GREEN flowers to cheer me up - I appreciated the gesture for what it was... but only because she's a vegetarian and wouldn't have felt right getting me bacon Hahahaha!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Flowers are pointless.

I prefer bacon.

This. Expect a bacon sandwich instead of flowers.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Flowers are pointless.

I prefer bacon.

This. Expect a bacon sandwich instead of flowers.

Don't care as long as it's BACON <3
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I always find flowers depressing. Why buy something that is basically dead so someone can put it in a vase and watch them rot.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I will also accept potatoes.

http://www.bash.org/?151227
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I always find flowers depressing. Why buy something that is basically dead so someone can put it in a vase and watch them rot.

That is throughly depressing.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

But....some flowers last for weeks and even up to a month....

And, have you ever watched a rose bloom? Even watching it die is beautiful.... Not so depressing....
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It is, as others have said, the thought behind getting the flowers that count. I am not a "flower person" per se, but a guy always gets extra points for thinking to get them
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You could realy insert anything here for flowers.

[Guys, Gals] Do you think __________ is/are pointless? Would you buy a [someone] _____________even if you thought they were if s/he liked them?

Being able to answer yes to this question (filling in the blanks for whatever makes your partner happy/joyful/turned on) is the foundation of any great long term relationship. This is the core tenant of many marriage and relationship books I have read.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I hear what you're saying but, that's like saying Autumn (fall) is depressing!! Flowers bloom and then they die, it's the natural order of things. Enjoy them while they are alive and look pretty :flowerforyou: