Weight Loss with Endo

Options
kristelpoole
kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
Do you guys feel as completely exhausted as I do sometimes? I have multiple nights where I sleep for 12 hours at a time throughout my week and I always feel tired, especially when my cycle comes around. It's so hard to make myself work out. My Cymbalta is for chronic pain management but apparently that could be contributing to weight gain and fatigue as well. I feel stuck and of course my boyfriend just doesn't get it. He tells me if I'm not happy with my body, then get to the gym. But it's not that easy. Anyone else gotten in a rut like this?

PS - Today is a painful day, so maybe it's the moody, strained me talking today... don't like to complain, but I just want to hear that someone else gets it!

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    It is so much harder to lose weight with endometriosis! You are not alone. I get extremely tired some days, and some days the pain is so bad I can barely stand up let alone contemplate going to the gym. Either that or I'm drugged up with tramadol and too spaced out/ nauseous to work out! As for cycles- I havent had one in about 20 months (Mirena IUS perk!) but I do still get terrible endo pains.

I try to make the best of my good days and be kind to myself on the bad. My boyfriend is pretty understanding and helps me out when I'm suffering and supports my weight loss journey so I'm very grateful for that.

Don't worry about complaining- each one of us has bad days and hardly anybody truly understands :o)
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I needed to hear that. It's soooo much harder!

I only have a cycle every 3-6 months, depending on how I space out my ring, but even when I change them over, I'm in lots of pain. Trying to stick to the Naproxen today and avoid the hard stuff while I'm at work. :)

Oh, and maybe this is why I have a sweet tooth this week. Damn womanhood, bigger damn to endo-hood.
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As far as the sleeping goes, I have the opposite problem. Because of the pain and a lot of things that go with the pain (tension, nightmares, headaches, etc...) I get maybe 2-4 hours/night. 6 on a good night. I'm absolutely exhausted. How do you manage to get so much sleep?
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    YES! If left to my own devices I can and will sleep 12 hours and sometimes more. I almost always set my alarm, even on weekends, or I just lose most of the day. And it's so much worse during OV and TOM, just exhausted constantly.

I also have to avoid working out during OV as everytime I have I've managed to pull muscles in my back so badly I ended up on muscle relaxants and various painkillers. In fact, even standing up for 3 hours watching the fireworks championships managed to do that to me. And those muscle relaxants cause serious memory holes so I can't remember taking them and then take more and more...not good. Easier just to put life on hold for a week where possible.

It sucks, but I guess you just have to do what you have to do to get by. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty, chances are they wouldn't work out if they'd pulled a ligament in their back or something and having done that one myself, I'd say endo-pain is easily as bad as that, if not worse most of the time. Do what you have to for your own sake.