How much of yout prescription are you taking

Options
Just curious. Im taking close to 182mcg of synthroid....in order to achieve this i need ti take 175mcg mon thru fri and then on the weekend 200mcg to average 182mcg

Replies

• Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I take 50MCG daily.
  • WineMaiden
    Options
    I am currently at 75 mcg levothyroxine. I am considering looking into Armour. I know my current dosage isn't high enough but I have only recently been deemed hypo and am still getting my meds right and still have to do the antibodies test. I believe I should be on a much higher dose. Still tired, cannot lose weight, cold, anxious. It's horrible.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    im currently on 50mcg of levothyroxine but i was only diagnosed last week
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I recently dropped from 88mcg to 75mcg. I was on 88 for about two years, and I was stable, but then all of a sudden I had insomnia and I was jittery. I'm feeling better on the 75 now, but it's only been a few days. I can tell that I'm still adjusting, because I go back and forth between tired and shaky, but I'm functioning better than I was a week ago.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm on 88mcg synthroid and 5mcg cytomel. Just recently upped the cytomel because my t3 kept tanking.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Im in the uk and have been hypo for 20 years. im currently on 175mgs of levothyroxine. ive never been given the opportunity to take anything else and my gp has said the lab wont test t4 or t3 or treat t3. i am far from well
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too, my gp is not testing t4 or t3 either
  • Amaryllisbloom
    Options
    I just got bumped up to 200mcg.
  • nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    Options
    I no longer have my thyroids... and I'm on a T3/T4 Combo.
    Taking 62.5 synthroid and 20 cytomel.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive just read up about thyroid disease in the uk. it seems gps are not allowed to prescribe t3 or armour. hmmmm great
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just got bumped up to 200mcg.

I was beginning to think I was all alone in the high dosage!!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Im taking close to 182mcg of synthroid....in order to achieve this i need ti take 175mcg mon thru fri and then on the weekend 200mcg to average 182mcg

Why don't you just take 182 every day? that would be better, you can take multiple lesser pills or cut them in 1/2 too.

I take 88mcg of levothyroxine
  • KCtoCapeCod
    Options
    125 mcg of levothyroxine
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Why don't you just take 182 every day? that would be better, you can take multiple lesser pills or cut them in 1/2 too.

The pills come in specific dosages. If you try and break them or cut them in half, you don't necessarily get it right in half. Thyroid meds work as they build up in your system, so taking a certain amount per week is the goal, not necessarily a certain amount per day.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    100 mcg of levothyroxine.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well my prescription is for 60mg of armour,
    However i am currently taking 120mg NDT ( 60 Armour, 60 Thiroyd) & 20mcg T3
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options

The pills come in specific dosages. If you try and break them or cut them in half, you don't necessarily get it right in half. Thyroid meds work as they build up in your system, so taking a certain amount per week is the goal, not necessarily a certain amount per day.

That's correct - if you're taking a T4-only med like Synthroid or Levothyroxine then you don't have to take the same dose every day. Personally I hate fussing with cutting pills.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I had a thyroidectomy as treatment for graves - prior to that I took both methimazole and PTU, at different times and at different dosages.

I was up to 200 mcg of Synthroid recently, but my free T4 got too high and I got all jittery. I'm currently at 150 mcg which is fine for my free T4, but my free T3 is still too low - without a thyroid I'm already behind on T3 hormone, and my body is also struggling to convert the synthetic T4 into T3. I'm in Canada and currently fighting to find a doctor who will prescribe a dessicated med (here it's Erfa's Thyroid), or at the very least a synthetic T3.

I am definitely no where near optimal or stabilized.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options

They dont make a prescription for 182 its either 175 or 200 . 175 wasnt enough 188mcg was to much. now were trying 182
  • kats3boys
    Options
    I am on 100 Synthroid and 45 desiccated Thyroid. Allergic to PTU, have been on Tapazole .
    In the last few months my T4 has been at the top of the range and so has my TSH so with the addition of desicated thyroid ( and lower Synthroid from 150) my T4 has dropped a point or 2 but my TSH has gone back down to under 1 which I need to rest the thyroid. Strange but my T3 really has not changed.