Thursday 1.31.13 Exercises

Options

Replies

• velocirobot
    Options
    Done with the beginner exercise for the day! I can definitely tell it has been a whiiiile since I did lunges
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1/31/13
    15.5 minutes + 18.5 minutes for 1.08 mile walk @ 3.5mph = 34 minutes
    Beginner
    178 cals + 190 cals for 1.08 mile walk = 368 cals burned
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    just found this so tomorrow...will be my first day ....But I'll do it.
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Done. If that is the light workout, I am in real trouble
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just finished the advanced workout. Whew! I am whipped but as proud of myself as I can be. I went to the gym on my lunch hour and did 2.1 miles alternating the speed between 3.4 & 3.9 mph and the incline between 0% & 8%.
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did it! I wasn't sure how to the toe touches. I googled it and saw multiple variations. So, to cover my bases I did the standing ones where you bend over and twist to touch each foot and I did the floor/ab version as well. If anyone could clarify this for me that would be awesome. I also did the 100 crunches and the Russian twists in place of the standing twists and the 50 crunches! I'm walking tonight after work! Whoo!
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    my everything hurts. i didn't even know I had an everything!
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Question?

I'm new on here so how would I calculate calories burned after doing the beginners level?
  • vladamisa
    vladamisa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    finished took me a little longer since for most of my life well the past 3 years i avoid squats and lunges since i have a bad leg but i managed to do all of the beginner workouts along with a 30 min elliptical didn't see this workout till i got home and its too dark out ><
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete kill fatty
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Question?

I'm new on here so how would I calculate calories burned after doing the beginners level?

I logged it a calisthenics rigorous because I know I sure did break a sweat. It only took me 20 minutes to do it all so I pushed myself to do it back to back with no breaks but with good form. So that's how I did it...if that helps. I call all those squats rigorous!

Obviously log the walking as walking :)
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Did a hybrid version somewhere between the beginner and advanced...due to some "lame" issues :) (foot and knee), I have to modify some...can't run at the moment and have to be careful on squats and lunges. Did most of these plus a Turbo Jam workout, plus my physical therapy appt!! I'm tired now..a GOOD tired, but tired!! Great job everyone...it's hard but you're doing it for a great reason...YOU!!
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Done....if I did beginners and I'm dying. How do you guys feel after doing the advanced?
  • maritimemom
    Options
    I noticed some people said they couldn't do their walk because of weather or it being too dark. I just wanted to mention that I do my 'walking' indoors during the winter with a Walk at Home dvd. Just a suggestion. :)

I did my the beginner workouts this morning and did my 1 mile walk when I got home.
  • sjackson0711
    Options
    Done! I also did a in-between of beginners and advanced..If i could do some of the advanced I did if I couldn't I stuck with what was written.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Done. I finished the beginner version. (Yikes to those doing the Advanced one!)

I made a few modifications:
    Plank: It was a cumulative 30 seconds. (Took 3 or 4 tries. Stopped the stop watch each time I fell).
    Pushups: I had to use the wall
    Jumping Jacks: can't jump very well. Did the side steps.

But....I did walk 2 miles instead of 1.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Question?

I logged it a calisthenics rigorous because I know I sure did break a sweat. It only took me 20 minutes to do it all so I pushed myself to do it back to back with no breaks but with good form. So that's how I did it...if that helps. I call all those squats rigorous!

Obviously log the walking as walking :)

Thank You, I wasn't sure either...
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Beginning level done! I am going to try to mix in the advanced exercises when time allows!

I'm so happy these challenges are back!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well...I did them all (beginners of course) It actually took me all day to finish them all (Yes I know you are supposed to do them all at once). I figured if I could only do a few at a time, it was better than not doing some of them. I only logged as strength training items and not as any cardio, except for my 45 minute walk at lunch which was closer to 2.5 miles.

I am scared to see what tomorrow will bring...:blushing: